Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's all the November 2010's at??

I know there was a good handful of us that all got sleeved in Nov. and many of us right around the same days! How has everyone been doing? What have you lost thus far? Struggles?

Nov 29th 2010.....59 down. I'm bad though.....I go through spurts of being really good getting in my Protein and other days......not so much. wink.gif

I know there was a good handful of us that all got sleeved in Nov. and many of us right around the same days! How has everyone been doing? What have you lost thus far? Struggles?

Nov 22nd, 77 pounds lost since July, 50% loss, halfway to goal of 150.

July - Nov 22 pre-surgery lost 24 pounds

Month 1 = 16 pounds

Month 2 = 11 pounds

Month 3 = 6 pounds

Month 4 = 7 pounds

Month 5 = 12 pounds

Gone from a size 26/28 to an 18/20, and I can fit in the 2x in the regular clothes section.

I have found that I usually gain the week of my TOM, lose the week after, and lose only a pound or stall the other two weeks.

I eat between 1000 - 1400 calories a day, Protein first, veggies second, carbs last. I eat a small servings of dessert, candy etc about once a day.

I eat 3 meals about 1 c. to 1 1/4 c. per meal and 1-2 Snacks about 2-3 bites. a day. I eat about every 3-4 hours. I drink before eating, and only take a sip or two during a meal. After eating, I have no desire to drink. I don't do well on my Water intake and don't drink enough fluids.

I take double Multivitamins, 1000 mg Calcium, Vitamin D, 60 mg Iron, Vitamin C, 1000 mg B12. I am not good about getting in my Vitamins daily.

My hair has thinned noticeably, but I can see new growth.

If I never lost another pound, I would feel a success. I am down to my pre-children, wedding day weight. I can walk without pain, walk a flight of stairs without being winded, fit in a booth without my belly on the table, fit in between the movie theater armrests, have a waist again.

Thanks for asking,

What about you?

Nov 29th 2010.....59 down. I'm bad though.....I go through spurts of being really good getting in my Protein and other days......not so much. wink.gif

I think we all go through times where we don't want to completely watch what we are eating but we have to remember that if we want to see the numbers go down then we do need to pay attention!! LOL

Nov 22nd, 77 pounds lost since July, 50% loss, halfway to goal of 150.

July - Nov 22 pre-surgery lost 24 pounds

Month 1 = 16 pounds

Month 2 = 11 pounds

Month 3 = 6 pounds

Month 4 = 7 pounds

Month 5 = 12 pounds

Gone from a size 26/28 to an 18/20, and I can fit in the 2x in the regular clothes section.

I have found that I usually gain the week of my TOM, lose the week after, and lose only a pound or stall the other two weeks.

I eat between 1000 - 1400 calories a day, Protein first, veggies second, carbs last. I eat a small servings of dessert, candy etc about once a day.

I eat 3 meals about 1 c. to 1 1/4 c. per meal and 1-2 Snacks about 2-3 bites. a day. I eat about every 3-4 hours. I drink before eating, and only take a sip or two during a meal. After eating, I have no desire to drink. I don't do well on my Water intake and don't drink enough fluids.

I take double Multivitamins, 1000 mg Calcium, Vitamin D, 60 mg Iron, Vitamin C, 1000 mg B12. I am not good about getting in my Vitamins daily.

My hair has thinned noticeably, but I can see new growth.

If I never lost another pound, I would feel a success. I am down to my pre-children, wedding day weight. I can walk without pain, walk a flight of stairs without being winded, fit in a booth without my belly on the table, fit in between the movie theater armrests, have a waist again.

Thanks for asking,

What about you?

How Awesome!! I am down like 67lbs now and feel GREAT! I have really gone all over the place with loosing and gaining but I haven't ever gained more then like a pound and it is always around TOM! I am usually pretty good with my protein intake - 75-90g a day but I do have my days where I maybe get 50g! LOL I can totally tell in the weeks that I don't get all my protein each day on the scale so I really try to get it in! If I have an actual plate of food I do protein first then veggies and never have room for a carb! LOL I drink before I eat and can sometimes do a few sips while eating but can't after I eat even though sometimes I want to! I am still thirsty ALL THE TIME no matter how much I drink but I never feel as if I'm not getting enough in!

I am pretty good with my Vitamin everynight and I have started to take a B12 every morning just to see if it does help with my energy. I'm REALLY tired since I started work again a month ago but I'm also commutting 1 1/2 hours each way through DC traffic! UGH! LOL

My hair is also coming out like crazy but I have SUPER thick, curly hair so no one besides I can tell!

My biggest pants were a 24 and shirt was a 2x. I'm now comfortably (going to be too big before I know it) in a 16 pants and a L shirt!

Nov 22 2010 here. Lost 133 pounds after surgery so far (started at 497 though). I was keeping to 600 calories till a couple of weeks ago but I hit a minor stall. I've increased my calories to around 800 and added some carbs and the loss seems to have resumed. I take a tablet for Vitamin D, in addition to the multi Vitamin, thats pretty much did. Only regret is that I should have had the operation sooner!!

I had my Surgery November 17th. I started at 318 and am down to 210. Down 108 lbs. My weight loss has slowed way down. I am even starting to feel hunger again and that scares me a bit. I feel great. I am so glad I had my Surgery and love the new me. I have about 58 more lbs to go, to be at my initial goal.

Brandi

had my surgery nov1 2010 presurgery weight 438 surgery day weight 418 type two diabetic with very uncontrolled blood sogar high tryglycerides cholestrol blood pressure im down as of feb 15th 2012 to 292 52 pounds from my goal my health is fantastic blood pressure normal great blood lipid readings im off insulin most medications the surgery has changed my life i lift weights 4 times week and do cardio 4 times week im 47 and i feel 27 `

Sleeved Nov. 2010 in Mexico at 212 lbs., now 147, look and feel great but still haven't learned when to stop eating... I eat a bite or two too much, have pain like the food is stuck, run to the bathroom and then throw up, this happens 4 days out of 7 . Anybody else do this?

lets see its may first i was sleeved nov 1st 2010 i am down from 438 to 269 for total of 169 pounds original goal was 240 i want get 238 so i can say i lost 200 pounds i feel like i have already won being under three hundred pounds again my health fantastic no bad side effects i excersise every day weights are cardio the sleeve has changed my life.ive gone from a 52 waist to a 38 waist 4x to a 2x living life again and i love it

I was sleeved November 29, 2010 self pay in Mexico. I just reached my goal weight about a week ago, 81 lbs gone since surgery, 121lbs gone from my highest weight. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself and would do it all over again!!

Sleeved Nov. 2010 in Mexico at 212 lbs., now 147, look and feel great but still haven't learned when to stop eating... I eat a bite or two too much, have pain like the food is stuck, run to the bathroom and then throw up, this happens 4 days out of 7 . Anybody else do this?

I occasionally overeat and end up throwing up, but not that often. Does it just come up, or do you make yourself throw-up to help it feel better?? Sometimes I have pain, but I just wait it out and it usually goes away in a couple of minutes. I know one person that her sleeve was made to tight on the bottom, so she had lots of problems with vomiting because it would literally get clogged on the way down. She had an endoscopy done and they were able to open it up a little so that food could pass through a little easier. You might want to check into having a swallow done to check it all out.

Well, I'm almost 2 years out now. Only down 120 lbs. From 318 to 198. I have not lost much the last 6-8 months. I have done a real good job at maintaining where I am. Got my sleeve 11/17/10. I went from a size 28 to a loose 16 now. I have gotten comftorable with where I am at, after all I am back at the weight and size I was when I graduated HS. I need to get with it and get the rest of now. My goal was 155, I'd like to be in a size 12. I don't remember ever wearing a size 12 even in high school. I always wore a 14 then my senior year I started gaining and got into a size 16.

I have 43 lbs to go to get to my goal weight. I know I can do it. I need to cut out the sugar and carbs. I am real bad at getting in Protein. I'd rather just have a snack of chips and homemade salsa, that is my downfall. I love chips and homemade salsa. I think the coffee I have every morning is a big problem also, I use way too much Creamer. I use splinda in my coffee but too much french vanilla creamer.

I know what changes I need to make. I need to really buckle own and make them. Also, Water. I don't get in near enough of it. I usually drink maybe 1 bottle of Water a day, the rest of my liquids come from 1 soda a day either a diet coke or diet dr. pepper. I really don't get in enough fluids at all. I have not by any means fallen into my old self, but I have some chagnes I need to make for sure. I may go all day with out eating anything until dinner. I know I definately need to get back to having at the least a Protein shake for Breakfast.

Almost 2 years out. I should already be at my goal. Can't beat myself up though, just need to get back to what I know is the key for success and use my tool the way it is supposed to be used. I do still love my sleeve, I love the restriction on portions. That was always my biggest problem, portion sizes.

How is everyone donig on thier Vitamins? I have never taken mine the way I was suppsoed to until here lately. I have made a big effort to take all my Vitamins daily. I'm currently taking Barartric Advantage Multi Capsuls, Iron, Calcium and B 12 injection monthly.

Hope all of you other Nov 2010 Sleevers are diong good and at your goals. :)

Brandi

Hey, how's everyone doing now? I still haven't made it to my goal of 140lbs. I've been stuck at around 160 for about a year. Does anyone still feel any pain? I've had pain under the right side of my rib cage since my sleeve. I thought it was my gall bladder but had that removed in sept 2011 and the pain is still there... But I'm still happy with the sleeve!!!