Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fears allayed - thank you all!

Hi - I am new here and have been considering having the sleeve done. But I was so worried about going through all the trouble, cost, travel, pain, and childcare issues (my son has special needs) while I'm away, and then having it turn out like my experience with the band. I was banded in June 2009 and have lost only a few pounds, regained them, etc. several times. I hate this band.

Now, after reading all of your stories, I am so much more at peace and have decided to go ahead with the sleeve. I have been wondering all this time if it was just me, why can't I make this thing work, I'm a failure, etc., just like all of you have shared. Some of your stories made me cry, because I know just how you felt! I am so happy for all of you that have found the sleeve to work so well for you. I will let you know when I have a date for my surgery.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hi and welcome to the forum ! ! ! Honestly, the sleeve is best damn thing I've ever done for myself and my family. Best wishes on getting your date, and we're all here for you.

You are absolutely making the right decision. Ban the Band is what I say!! You will be so happy once you get that horrible thing out of your body. Life with the sleeve is wonderful and you won't regret it for a minute. Good luck!!

Hi,

My band has only been gone for 4 weeks and the difference is ASTOUNDING! Great restriction from the very beginning and no more port pain!! In my opinion, the recovery is a little harder with the sleeve because the restriction starts right away and you will struggle to get the Fluid in. But after 2 weeks things get so much better. Yep, the band sucks and I want to sing it from the rooftops. Every time I see a lap-band ad (and they are everywhere) I want to scream.

Good luck with your decision--

Lara

Your story could have been mine. The band did nothing for me and the pain involved when things got stuck was awful. I will get my band removed, and be sleeved on Tuesday. I feel like a have another chance at this.

Great to hear from you all! I have booked my band-to-sleeve surgery for June 17, 2011 with Dr. jaime Ponce de leon at Angeles Hospital in Tijuana. I am scared to go through a surgery in a foreign country all by myself, but I'm committed to this and am so looking forward to the results.