Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for MEN ONLY!

OK ladies, since you clicked the link I guess you can chime in too :D

I apologize if I offend anyones sensibilities, I just saw this happen again today and was wondering where to post this question when the MAN ROOM came to mind.

OK, I've seen this a few times and am consumed with curiosity. From time to time I see full grown men when using a urinal unzip, unbuckle, unhook and pull their underwear down and whiz over the top of the waste-band. WHY? I find this absolutely one of the most stupid things on the planet. Did no one ever teach them to simply unzip, fish around through the underwear fly and pull it out and go? Even if you're wearing "fashion" underwear without a fly you can peek over the top through the fly can't you? This has got to be so inconvenient too. I mean one slip of the hand and your pants drop to the floor. It's bad enough to see other dudes gyrating their hips making sure they host down every square inch of the urninal puck then do the "shake dance" on one leg after going, do we really need to see all of this too?

I actually saw (he was an Asian from Asia if that even has anything remotely to do with it) a man stand there, DROP HIS PANTS TO HIS ANKLES and the pull down and whiz, this is in a public office restroom at a bank of urinals.

Is this just in America we have goofs that do this?

I always found it to be more of a hassle to "go fishing" than to go "over the fence". I suppose boxers make it easier, but I have always worn briefs because boxer bunched up on my thighs.

I'm an unzip and over the fence kind of guy, myself.

I think it's funny when a guy goes in the stall to take a leak. It's not like anyone is going to be size checking you bud. else they'd be like this guy... :hail: lol

OK, I've seen this a few times and am consumed with curiosity. From time to time I see full grown men when using a urinal unzip, unbuckle, unhook and pull their underwear down and whiz over the top of the waste-band. WHY? I find this absolutely one of the most stupid things on the planet. Did no one ever teach them to simply unzip, fish around through the underwear fly and pull it out and go? Even if you're wearing "fashion" underwear without a fly you can peek over the top through the fly can't you? This has got to be so inconvenient too. I mean one slip of the hand and your pants drop to the floor. It's bad enough to see other dudes gyrating their hips making sure they host down every square inch of the urninal puck then do the "shake dance" on one leg after going, do we really need to see all of this too?

I'm not sure why anyone would care how I take a leak. I for one use what works best for the clothing I have opted to where. Ihave some BPH problems which mean it is not uncommon to dribble a bit and need to use a tissue rather than just a shake and the fly gets in the way of doing this discretely. I guess all I can say is please don't make a point of watching me pee.

I read this post a couple of days ago and it made me think. (I must have a pretty mundane life) Now that I am in size medium or small underwear, I have quite a few that are fly-less. It is a lot easier to unbuckle and go over the fence than to try to reach in and grab it through the leg hole or over the top. Also, I don't like really loose jeans so if the drawers don't have a fly, there isn't a lot of reaching room inside my pants.

Wow! 41 years old and I've *finally* gotten the answer to one of life's burning questions. Well, hopefully *not* burning...but...I digress. You know how girls always go to the bathroom in pairs or trios, right? well, I had a friend who wore a mini skirt out one night and to the potty we went. Lo and behold, I see the skirt float to her ankles. I'm like, "Really? You didn't just hike it up? Now its all over the FLOOR." I guess its human nature to want to do things the same way as everyone else. Unless you're me... hahahaha

Happy observing!! cool.gif

I'm not sure why anyone would care how I take a leak. I for one use what works best for the clothing I have opted to where. Ihave some BPH problems which mean it is not uncommon to dribble a bit and need to use a tissue rather than just a shake and the fly gets in the way of doing this discretely. I guess all I can say is please don't make a point of watching me pee.

Wow, I lost track of this post after writing it. don't worry pal NO ONE is watching you pee, just try and keep your belt and pants within the bounds of your own urinal as you hop around shaking it off.

Seriously? There are guys who drop their drawers around their ankles? I'm an "over the top" kinda guy, for a number of reasons I won't go into (some of which would sound like bragging, too), but I've never had a problem with my boxers staying anywhere except right on my hips & ass. I find it way more annoying to go digging around and trying to "thread the needle" than I do just pulling the elastic down a couple inches in front.

Well, I've seen just the one guy and like I said he was from Asia and I know they have a different view of social mores. I've seen more than one accidentally drop his drawers and pants by unfastening his belt and opening his pants and losing his grip. One guy peed all over himself, the urinal and the wall and his (unfortunately) light colored pants by accidentally dropping his pants and panicking and trying to catch them. I've even seen a few that insist on pulling their pants down over their rear and holding them up by spreading their legs and keeping them up on their thighs.

To each his own but I just wish they'd keep to their own space and not intrude into mine. It's almost as bad as "peekers" who lean over to take a look - SICK!

i'm not bragging but trying to handle the equiptment and the underwear and the pants is just to much, I unzip reach in and whip it out... I have never had a problem, i have plenty of distance from the stream to the pants. I have never urinated on myself. no dripping issue if it's out far enough... Sorry!:D

I live in the middle east so that means we have the holes in the ground instead of western style toilets. I'm a teacher and was forced to wear one of those kind of potato sack dresses everyday to school to keep "culturally appropriate". In order to use the washroom I had to remove my sandal, slip my right leg through my panty, hold the panty and potato sack hicked up around my neck, to the left and squat. Over the fence seems nice and simple to me...sometimes I wished for the easier plumbing.....

i love the man forum... i officially just had a life long question answered.. thanks guys.. lol

*i know that wasn't a helpful response in the least!

I had forgotten this post till Anese posted to it and bumped it to the top again.

On a related topic: An incident a few weeks ago was funny, I actually had a guy get mad at me for breaking the "guy code", that is taking the middle urinal of 3 urinals while #1 and #3 are taken. Yes, ladies, there is an unspoken "rule" that men are supposed to leave an empty urinal between them unless they are spaced far apart or have generous wing walls between them. liittle makes breaking this rule OK, except for maybe a sports event or movie with a limited half time / break.

These urinals were fairly tight but my 50+ YO bladder and 3 cups of coffee trumped the "guy code" prohibition and I barged right in and revealed myself. I had to tap the guy on the rights shoe because he was straddling the urinal so wide he left no room for me to plant my feet.The guy on my left mumbled something about being "pushy" or something but I just ignored it.

Not to sound racists - since I've already brought up Asians differences. More than one a few of the Asian dudes here in my office would take the MIDDLE urinal of 3 when no one else was occupying the outer two, thereby making BOTH urinals off limits to any guys coming in. A few times I just jumped in again once, other times I did the "cruse by the sink and rinse my hands" delay tactic and finally had to exit, walk around a bit and come back in because he was taking so long.

Sometimes we guys are really, really stupid.

I live in the middle east so that means we have the holes in the ground instead of western style toilets. I'm a teacher and was forced to wear one of those kind of potato sack dresses everyday to school to keep "culturally appropriate". In order to use the washroom I had to remove my sandal, slip my right leg through my panty, hold the panty and potato sack hicked up around my neck, to the left and squat. Over the fence seems nice and simple to me...sometimes I wished for the easier plumbing.....

I know this is a little off topic but... just learn to pee standing... its pretty easy and hands down one of the best things I ever learned how to do!

See Finger Method here: http://www.wikihow.com/Urinate-Standing-up-As-a-Female

I learned for two specific reasons; one, I race sail boats and going down below to pee vs peeing off the back of the boat like the guys was annoying and two, chicks have this really annoying 'hover' tendency which means toilet seats in public bathrooms are often pissed on and wet! Standing is the way to do it!