Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree with all the previous posters, and I'm going to throw it out there that the BMI is not the end all be all to great health. There is zero account for true weight in that thing, and stressing over it for me was nonsense. My initial goal kept me in the overweight category, and I was content at that weight. I still had curves, and not to mention I still had boobs. Another 30lbs lost, and I looked so tiny and felt uncomfortable in my own skin. That damn BMI chart is so judgmental and condemning.

I had a good talk with myself, and realized that body fat percentage, resting heart rate, my overall health, labs, and how I felt was all more important that than damn 24.9 on that chart.

The big thing to remember is that the BMI chart does not take into account bone density, excess skin, or fat %. It's just an equation, and there's far too many factors to base your health on that number.

I think you're in a good place, and maintenance you might find different challenges. Letting go is sometimes more difficult than staying the course. But, it's very liberating to recognize your success, and embrace your future without beating yourself over the BMI chart.

Go run about the park, relish every single moment, and realize just how you've come, and how much further you can go ! ! !

Once again thanks for the feedback!

Just came back from seeing my surgeon and he's really happy with my "progress" I still find it difficult to call it progress because I only lost a couple of pounds in so many months, he says he's happy with what I achieved up to now and my goal (yep, only 9lbs to goal now)is a very realistic one. When I said that I will still not have a "normal" BMI he said it didn't matter, he doesn't have a "normal" one either (and he is VERY fit and goodlooking). SO I am happy and less stressed :rolleyes:

Great!!!! I'm glad to hear your Appt went good. Hugs!!!

Cheers to the new you. :)

Thanks again guys,I feel so much more relaxed after seeing my surgeon and will start to enjoy the new me a bit more now :P

Thanks again guys,I feel so much more relaxed after seeing my surgeon and will start to enjoy the new me a bit more now :P

This is great news, just shows that you chose a brilliant surgeon and one who realises that health is way more important than numbers!

I am sooooo please for you, truly I am.

The others are right, Chilo, it is now time to enjoy the new you! Congrats on a job well done... destress and enjoy! xx

This is great news, just shows that you chose a brilliant surgeon and one who realises that health is way more important than numbers!

I am sooooo please for you, truly I am.

The others are right, Chilo, it is now time to enjoy the new you! Congrats on a job well done... destress and enjoy! xx

I wish this had a like button like FB, you're the best Coops and I know you're doing the best with your sleeve as well :P !!!

I wish this had a like button like FB, you're the best Coops and I know you're doing the best with your sleeve as well :P !!!

Thanks Chilo... you ain't so bad yourself...lol... yea I'll get there my lovely, slow but sure wins the race eh?

And don't forget, some numbers that are in your favour.... size 12 .... YEY!!! xx

How much did you adjust it by? You are now 9 pounds away, how much was it before?

BMI is very bad for athletic people. Let's take the extreme, Arnold Schwarzenegger. He is about 6'2" tall and weighs 250 pounds - guess what, at his prime Arnold Schwarzenegger was OBESE with a BMI of 32.1 \ö/

This may not be the body type you are aiming for, but it shows that more athletic people who have built up muscle mass are off much worse than slim people without muscles.

On a different note, say you adjusted your goal by 10 pounds or so. What relevance did 10 pounds have for you before surgery. Did losing 10 pounds really make a dent? For me, starting at 260 pounds, it didn't make much of a difference. Yeah, I'd hated to gain 10 pounds and would have been happy to lose 10 -- but overall, I don't think anyone would have been able to really see either much.

And last but not least, I think once you have made peace with the new weight goal, your mind set may actually power through it. I remember in school, I always waited until the last minute and tried to furiously cram knowledge into my head, I was able to remember it for the exam but forgot all about it soon after. Most things I remember well are the things I just learned by doing, when I didn't have the pressure behind it, when I didn't feel so cornered know it's do or die. So for now, just relax. I would even go further - set your goal weight to what you are at now. Consider your travel done. Now you are there. If this was vacation, then this would be where you enjoy yourself, enjoy the place you are at, try new things -- play around with the new you. Join the roller derby team, find a running group, start playing soccer -- test your new you and be amazed at what you can do with yourself.

BMI is very bad for athletic people. Let's take the extreme, Arnold Schwarzenegger. He is about 6'2" tall and weighs 250 pounds - guess what, at his prime Arnold Schwarzenegger was OBESE with a BMI of 32.1 \ö/

....I think Arnold is around 5'9"(really!)..... He just makes you think his is 6'2".... so much of it is in the attitude!

Forget about everything else........girl you look soooooooo good, really pretty and very slender! I don't care what those BMI guidelines say because you've got it going on just the way that you are right now. Be very proud of yourself!!! I can,t wait to get down to your size :-) Keep us posted on how things turn out with your plastics too. .

What do you base that on? I got those values from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia...._Schwarzenegger

I would assume since he competed professionally with his physique, his height and weight should not be a secret.

Here is some more:

http://www.celebheig...negger-177.html

I'm from Sacramento, and around here thats what people say his height is..(actually 5'10") The scoop here is he wears lifts in his shoes (but is still no where 6'2'. Could just be a Governator rumor, but thats what I hear here... Here is a board that discusses it...

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-328222.html

According to this (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/campaigns/wh2000/stories/tall080399.htm), the governator is only 5-10.

Which shocked the heck out of me, as I'd never heard it before. I'd always assumed the standard schlock was true; that is, he's 6 foot 1(inches)+ a little bit more for good measure.

I always thought it'd be pretty pointless for him to lie, since most of his competitors from his bodybuilding days would surely know the truth anyway. I mean he looked real tall next to the other competitors anyhow (yeah I know most pro-bodybuilders are short-asses, but still).

And I've seen a docu which showed one of his tailors (some Italian dude who does suits for "Stalloni"), and he showed a pair of Arnie's trousers. His legs appeared to be very long, which indicates to me that he's 6 foot over - however I'm crap at judging distances so maybe it was an illusion. On top of which, let's face it, the guys built like a small horse. Maybe it distorts the exact picture of how long his legs are. Many pro-builders seem taller than they really are - just cause they're so huge.

Then I found this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger) which only adds fuel to the speculation.

While Arnold Schwarzenegger's height was always believed to be 6 feet, 2 inches (1.88 m), a July 2002 article in US Weekly magazine speculated that Schwarzenegger was actually closer to 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m). During his campaign for governorship it was noted that Schwarzenegger was considerably shorter than many expected, with others putting his height at around 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m), exactly as reported in US Weekly. His spokespeople now give his height as 6 ft even (1.83 m). In photographs of Schwarzenegger standing next to George W. Bush in Ohio in October 2004, the Governor is one inch shorter than the 5 ft 11 in President.

So, what's the truth here?

Yeah, I saw that controversial too, but like I said, he has been weighed and probed and had probably every part of his body measured - arms, legs, chest and I am sure they did the height too. He has been standing in nothing but Speedos and bare feet in a line of other dudes in Speedos. I think if he was lying, it would have been very easy to conclusively call him out and prove him wrong, just by knowing the height of everyone right and left of him. The fact that there is not more bruhaha of calling him a liar, I am pretty sure it's right.

I could also see that the constant abuse of his body probably does a number on his spine, so I don't doubt that he is probably not 6'2" anymore - after all, he is 63 years old, so he is probably shrinking.

On the other hand, if he was smaller, it would even more prove my point because his BMI would be even higher :-)

Forget about everything else........girl you look soooooooo good, really pretty and very slender! I don't care what those BMI guidelines say because you've got it going on just the way that you are right now. Be very proud of yourself!!! I can,t wait to get down to your size :-) Keep us posted on how things turn out with your plastics too. .

Aww thanks for your comment, you're so sweet! Good luck in your journey, you'll be there in no time :P

I think you look fantastic!!

And I hate the BMI chart, its a load of crapola as far as I'm concerned. We can't just pick some numbers and shove a bunch of people into it and then deem them obese or normal. Drives me batty.

I'm still really new to the sleeve so I don't have much experience, but stay off the scale. Forget the numbers. Go by how you feel. Or take your measurements or pull out a pair of old jeans and remember how far you have come.

The scale can be such a pain. And as we get older and have kids our bodies change. Thats why I don't have a set in stone goal. Even my "goal" weight that I think I will look good at will likely change as I have had 4 kids since I last weighed in at 150. My only real goal was to get under 200 lbs which I did, sure I am excited to lose more but the end number is just a number, its more the feeling of being comfortable in my own skin is what I am going for.

Anyways, hopefully I made some sense, oxycodone just kicked in and I'm a little out of it now lol.