Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some times u feel Like a Fill sometimes you dont.

Ok whats the deal here, I think my DR. has put a spell on me and Ive had it up to .. well you get the point.

I was banded in march and Im doing well lost 31 pounds so far!! yea!!

so whats with the Im tight, Im loose , Im tight Im loose..

Ive delt with Tight in the morning, loose in the evening.. and Im ok with that. But why is it Ive been 7 weeks without a fill and I think, Im eating to much and getting hungry, I have to make an appointment with my Dr. to get a fill , I swear to you no less then 10 hours later I m getting things stuck, I stop eating as much and I great restriction.

whats with that!!

Im going to call my Dr and just tell him Im going to make a placebo appointment..

has any one experinced this?

:biggrin1: A "placebo appt", how funny! Yes I have had the same thing occur and canceled my appt.

A placebo appointment! How funny!

I'm the same way. I can eat! Then I go and get something stuck, or it's that TOM, and I think "am I nuts? I don't need a fill!"

I think I'm going to get one anyway. Sometimes the smallest amount can really help. I just need to wrap my head around eating slowly and oh-so- carefully at EVERY moment...if a placebo appointment would do it for me, I'd pay for it! :)

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one this is happening to. I've waited 7 months for my 3rd fill. I'm always tight in the am. I drink lots of hot herbal teas. Something I can tolerate Progresso veggie Soup at noon and sometime not until 2pm. And then, sometimes I sip and pick at it all afternoon at my desk. Then on other days, I can try anything and not have problems. Go Figure.

I thought I was going crazy or that it was all in my head. Well, I had my 3rd fill this past tuesday 6/20/06. Just 0.5cc to make a total of 3.0cc. My Dr told me 2 days on liquids. Well I've tried Cottage cheese and it's making me really tight and miserable. Even lentil Soup which is real soft is causing tightness that I've never had....I guess it's more liquid stuff for me for awhile.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I was starting to think I was a head case:p

Okay, check this out. This morning I had 1/2 cup egg salad with 8 Townhouse crackers. Then for lunch...just to test the fill thingy...I heated up 6 ounces (I weighed it!) of baked chicken (boneless skinless breast in honey teriyaki marinade) and sat here at the puter and nibbled. Got stuck...ouch! oooooh! hmmmmm! eeeeeek! UGH! so I plopped about 1/4 cup of sour cream onto the bowl of chicken and ate ALL of it no problem. Man, was it good with that sour cream. So, now I'm not hungry (good thing, right?) and we'll see how long this lasts. I'll post an update tonight after dinner. I'd love to get some feedback from you all about whether or not I need a fill. Whose thread is this? wildflower...I hope this helps you, too!!!! LOL

Me too....I was banded in March, have had one fill of 1.6cc last month. I just don't know what to do either. Somedays I can eat and the next day the same thing I ate gets stuck. When do you know that you need another fill when this is happening? Good to know that I am not alone. I thought something was wrong with me to.....

Thanks for the information and the sharing. It really helps....

Update...it's over 2 hours later and I'm still nice and full. But you know what's got me? My sweet tooth. I could eat something sweet so easily right now! I dont' want supper, I want a Starbucks Mocha Frap, or a WW ice cream bar (2 points...which is probably what I'll get) or some chocolate. I'm having carb withdrawals? LOL The only real carb I've had today were the crackers this morning. So, maybe I don't need a fill. Maybe I need an attitude adjustment!

Wildflower~

I have the same exact problem! I always think I have no restriction and then I pb. I just had a fill last week and I"m starting to think that I may have gotten too much. I'm unable to drink liquids until the afternoon. I'm waiting it out the weekend though and might call my md on Monday. But I am usually all over the board with restriction.....Nora

I'm finding the same thing happening with me. I've just had my second fill and wouldn't you know the week before everything I ate began to cause golfballs in my chest. Never PB'd, just hurt till I quit eating or slowed down.

Got my second fill and now it's a crap shoot. In the mornings I don't care if I eat or drink and at night it's all I want to do.

I think my band is just playing head games with me. :paranoid And both of my fills were the week before my cycle, so who knows what that's doing to me. Of course family will be visiting this week and we'll be eating out quite a bit, so this should be interesting to see how my band decides to react.

I have been having the same problems! It is driving me absolutely insane! I am debating getting a fill, my DH thinks I might need one and I am not sure. I can eat something and get full and then turn around and have the damn munchies!! :eek: Like a craving for chocolate or some chips!! :faint: Yesterday I think I grazed all day...muching on this and that and I think it's because my DH was out of town and I was bored and doing laundry all day! But when it came to dinner I did pretty good! I made spaghetti for the family and I baked zucchini and put the sauce over it instead of having the Pasta but then I got the munchies! I put it off though and went out on the back porch and exercised...:clap2: Yeah me! But like this morning....I have had 3 cups of coffee, bought Jack in the Box for breakfast...an Extreme sausage sandwich and ate the one egg and 2 sausage patties and threw away the bread and now I am working on a Lo-Carb Monster drink...and I know when it comes down to lunch...It will get stuck! Is that because I am still full or because I have tightened? And if I am full...I don't feel it because I am hungry by lunchtime OR do I think I am hungry BECAUSE it is lunchtime???? See that is my dilema...So do I get the fill or not??? And if I do get the fill...should I try a liquid diet for a couple of weeks (protein drinks)....I am actually tired of figuring out what to eat! All meat gets stuck and I stay away from breads and pastas but Cereal and oatmeal are fine. And everything that I crave is the crap that goes down VERY easily....:angry . I am glad to see that I am not the only one!

All meat gets stuck

IMO, you don't need a fill. Perhaps a tiny unfill, even, would be in order. You will choose MUCH better foods when you can eat a higher protien diet that includes fresh chicken and lean meats. If you can't eat moist, tender, lubed chicken, then you may be too tight.

Kathy...check out lapbandtransformation.com. There's a checklist there for "do I need a fill or not?" that's very handy. Makes you really think about your eating before you off and get filled.

I ate 1700 calories the other day. :eek: OMGosh!!!! I packed it in from dinner on...I'm thinking I need a small fill. I ate an entire hanburger...minus the well-chewed wad of unswallowable I always generate when eating ground beef.

as an update my Drs appointment is tomarrow, well Im going to call and cancel as today at lunch I had a wonderful salad at Panera and I knew the exact moment I was full, So I started just eating the chicken, and cheese ( cause I love cheese) and the pecans and apples.. lol at any point I was so sorry, Im paceing around in the bathroom and after about 7 minuites, going burp burp,, gurrgle burp, gurgle, blahh.. a golfball of slime, chicken, pecans, cheese and apples.. I just was thankful the pain had subsided,, as I was leaving,, I though had to have those last bites didnt you.. lesson learned!