Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Checking in. I did really bad the last two days. Best friends birthday, we went to the store hungry, big mistake. Back to being good today. We'll see on Tuesday if I still lose this week or not. Sigh. Spirits are up though :)

so i just had a thought... if i am THIS excited at the prospect of entering TWOterville... i wonder how super nuts i'll be when i make it to ONEderland?? it's my long term goal to make it there by 01/01/09!! i hope the trip through TWOterville will help me keep my bad habits in the past!!!

Name...............................Starting…....Current…......Goal…..........To Go

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 289... ..........275..................14

tann.............(Tammy)...........211............ . 211..............198..................13

Josette................................322....... .......322...............307..................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. ....264...............264..............254........ .........10

FaithMD.............................. 308..............306.4............299..................7.4

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. ....275....... .......275 .............265..................10

Libra..(Angela)...................... 214...........;...214..............208............ .......6

glindab..................................282...... ........278.6...........265................13. 6

Inner_me.....(Chris).............. ..295...............295.............280........... ......15

waterlily1072...(Nicole)............279........... ....279.............269.................10

Rainer (Lorraine).....................311...............3 11..............299................13

staindgal (Bridget)..................319..............316.8. ...........299............... 17.8

jbtullis (Jonathan)...................317................31 7..............299................18

Well....

That job I was hoping to get went to someone else. On to the next plan I guess. I am dissapointed and I would normally want to gorge myself but I couldn't even eat my lunch, it took me an hour to eat 1oz of cheerios and they go down super easy usually. My band just clenched super tight when I got the news. Well here's hoping another opportunity comes along soon.

Nicole,

so sorry you didnt get the job ... (and i know this is very cliche, but i believe it is true). you arent meant to do this exact job at this time. keep your chin up and keep looking if you are unhappy with your current job. it took me 16 LONG months to get my current job (or get out of my old horrible job depending on how you look at it...)

great NSV on not wanting to gorge (even if you could)

Christine

My two colleagues and I had to interview 8 people for a job recently (culled from 30 CVs). They were all great and in the end we just picked the person whose past work duties fit our position's duties the most closely. Less training that way. I would have been happy with any of them as most gave great interviews. It's not their fault someone applied who had done almost exactly the same job in the past. It gave me a different perspective for sure. It truly isn't personal.

I use the metric system but Twoterville seems to be the goal I'm closest to at the moment. I'm 311 (I hope I'm still that. Only weigh when I go to the doc's). What do I do, just copy the table and add my stats? Do you put down just what you want to lose for the month or longer? I know you must get asked this all the time but there are 100 pages to scroll through in this thread.

Name...............................Starting…....Current…......Goal…..........To Go

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 293... ..........275..................18

tann.............(Tammy)...........211............ . 211..............198....................13

Josette.................................322....... .......322..............307..................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....264..............264..............254........ .........10

FaithMD............................... 308..............308..............299............. .......9

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. ....275....... .......275 .............265..................10

Libra..(Angela)...................... 214...........;...214..............208............ ........6

glindab..................................282...... ........278.6...........265....................13. 6

Inner_me.....(Chris).............. ..295...............295.............280........... ........15

waterlily1072...(Nicole)............279........... ....279.............269...................10

Rainer (Lorraine).....................311...............311..............299...................13

staindgal (Bridget)..................319..............316.8. ...........299.................. 17.8

jbtullis (Jonathan)...................317................317..............299....................18

Insubordination.......................311................311.............299...................12

hi, insubordination... welcome, you did it perfectly! the "goal" weight is what we would like to lose for this challenge which ends 8/31.

good luck!

it looks like we have a lot of people just a couple blocks from twoterville! that is so wonderful! you'll make it!!

working my rear off at the gym seems to be working. not sure exactly what is going on with my band though. all of a sudden i am SUPER tight in the mornings. cannot eat solids, they just wont go down. the bad thing is, i am SUPER hungry. grrrr.

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 287... ..........275..................12

tann.............(Tammy)...........211............ . 211..............198....................13

Josette.................................322....... .......322..............307..................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....264..............264..............254........ .........10

FaithMD............................... 308..............308..............299............. .......9

Libra..(Angela)...................... 214...........;...214..............208............ ........6

glindab..................................282...... ........278.6...........265....................13. 6

Inner_me.....(Chris).............. ..295...............295.............280........... ........15

waterlily1072...(Nicole)............279........... ....279.............269...................10

Rainer (Lorraine).....................311...............3 11..............299...................13

staindgal (Bridget)..................319..............316.8. ...........299.................. 17.8

jbtullis (Jonathan)...................317................31 7..............299....................18

Insubordination.......................311......... .......311.............299...................12

Quick question on restriction. Noticing what you guys are talking about being so tight, I have never been there, granted I am only 5 months banded. I keep getting frustrated that I never seem to think I have enough restriction. I know I have some, and while I don't want to be quite as tight as not being able to eat the cheerios, I would like to be closer to a sweet spot. Any guidance on how long it took you to get there?

I go to the Dr. every month and have already had 6 fills in less than 5 months. I did get a little restriction a on the 5th fill but it's gone after two weeks.

Thoughts?

Jonathan

hi Jonathan,

i have the VG band (biggest) and it took me 4 fills (9.something ccs in the band).

what size band do you have? how many cc's do you have? it really doesnt matter if you've had 3 or 12 fills - it depends on how aggressive the fill is.

good luck!

Jonathan, how long it takes is very individual. I have the 11cm (10cc) band and I have 9.5cc's in it.

Chritsine, I know what wyou mean, too tight to eat but still hungry really sucks. Try a thick liquid that will help fill you a little bit and still go thru. Also tuna fish mixed with mayo always seems to go down well even when I'm really tight, it just takes a lot longer to go thru but it takes care of the hunger. I've noticed that with the heat and humidity my band tightens or my stomach walls swell, what ever, anyway, hehe, it is frustrating. In the mornings 1 hard boiled egg is too much food cause I'm so tight. Hope this helped at least a little.

Nicole,

the heat may explain it. we are due to get to about 100 today and for the weekend. yay. well, i guess liquids are a good way to drop some more pounds ...

thanks for your help!

Go Chris. I can't wait to see you get there.

Quote:

hi, insubordination... welcome, you did it perfectly! the "goal" weight is what we would like to lose for this challenge which ends 8/31.

Really? Thanks for welcoming me and clearing that up. I'm revising my goal. Don't think I can lose 12 pounds in 3.5 weeks. Twoterville can wait a month or so yet.

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 287... ..........275..................12

Rainer (Lorraine).....................311...............311..............299...................13

jbtullis (Jonathan)...................317................317..............299...................18

Insubordination.......................311......... ......311..............306...................5

tann.............(Tammy)...........211............ . 208..............198....................10

Rainer (Lorraine).....................311...............3 11..............299...................13

jbtullis (Jonathan)...................317................31 7..............299...................18

Insubordination.......................311......... ......311..............306...................5

I lost 3 lbs this week.:whoo:

tann.............(Tammy)...........211............ . 208..............198....................10

FaithMD............................... 308..............305.4..............299.................6.4

jbtullis (Jonathan)...................317................31 7..............299...................18

GO TANN!!! EXCELLENT, Chris_NJ and welcome insub!

I finally broke that 306 pound mark that has been my brick wall the past three weeks. I am actually eating 2000 calories or more a couple of days a week and bam! I dropped a couple lbs. Who'd a thunk?