Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

I'm a day late and for guilty reasons. I was up 5 on Sunday and made it back to 267 this morning. I really wish I would quit wasting energy losing the same 5 pounds. (sigh) :phanvan

Name...............................Starting…....Current…......Goal…..........To Go

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 294... ..........276.................17

tann.............(Tammy)...........224............ . 221............212....................09

Josette.................................322....... .......322..............307.................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....267..............267..............256........ .........11

FaithMD............................... 312..............311.3..............299........... ....12.3

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. ....275....... .......273 .............265..................8

Libra..(Angela)...................... 218...........;...216..............208............ . ....8

glindab..................................286...... ........286..............275.................11

Inner_me.....(Chris).............. ..295...............295.............280........... .......15

Anyway, on down the scale from here. I've been on a major popcorn kick with lots of salt and I think maybe it was causing the Water retention. Well, it sounds good anyway...lol

Welcome Gibson! We're all members of "the more the merrier" club! :)

Katie, you hang in there. If I read correctly you LOST 7 lbs. I've been a slow loser and I just try and keep focused on the long haul. Any loss is a victory!! You just keep after it and you'll cross the border soon!!

Thank you for the welcomes, Losin' and Ridin'! =) (Hey, that sounds like a great username for someone else!) =)

I am very disgusted with myself right now. (Like that's anything new? Ha!) I've come to the painful and depressing realization that if I don't low carb there is no way in Hades I'm going to be able to lose that 30-40 pounds I need to lose before insurance approves me. I'm sure you've heard it all before, but I cannot CANNOT feel satisfied when I restrict my calories and do a Weight Watchers type diet. I binge every single night after being "good" all day. (Not really sure if you'd call a trip to a fast food place for a double burger and fries a BINGE or not, but that's what it takes to feel that full feeling.) I lost 70 pounds in five months low-carbing once. That's the only successful diet attempt I've ever had in all of my 37 years on the planet.

Now, you are probably thinking, "What's she whining about? If low-carbing works for her then she should just do it!" Well. I'm whining because I'm selfish and piggish and want to eat what I can before I'm banded. I know that the band will pretty much force me into a low carb lifestyle later, and I'm prepared for that, but do I have to suffer now???? *whine* =)

It is time to "poop or get off the pot" though. (What a pretty saying!) If I haven't lost weight by the time I go back to my dietician and physician the first week of August, I'm screwed. Thanks for letting me vent here.

losingjusme, I wanted to tell you that I just went to your blog and looked at your pics and read your posts and....wept. Your progress is amazing. The smiles on your face in your after pictures say it all. Keep up the AMAZING work!!!

Gibson,

thanks for the comments, :biggrin1: they really mean a lot.

now, this "dreaded" ;) low carb lifestyle (i refuse to diet any more)... it really is not that bad at all ...

my menu so far:

b - 2 eggs over easy, 2 sausage patties - i was really hungry this morning. i usually only have about 1/2 - 2/3 sausage patty.

l - 1/2 cheeseburger (no bun of course) and a nice tablespoon of SPICY!! mayo ...

d - ???? not sure, DH wants burgers, so i guess i will have another 1/2 to full burger.

do i miss sweets, uhhh yup!, is losing 20 pounds in less than a month worth missing sweets? uhhhhh YUP!!!

and as you saw on my blog, there was a big ol' honking piece of carrot cake .. i ate that piece plus 2 more over a few days ... not a great choice by any means, but thanks to lots of people here i picked yself up and dusted myself off and am low carbing it once again.

i am never hungry ... if i want a snack, i have a piece of string cheese (or if i'm really hungry i will have that other 1/2 of burger that i didnt eat for lunch) ...

i try not to obsess over food. right now i am obsessing over my Water intake. i am trying for 100+ ounces a day to flush this fat out of my system. i found a great mix of crystal light - - fruit punch (just a little bit though, i have bad side effects from fruit punch) and pink lemonade. it is realllllly good!!

ok, enough of my book.

best of luck to you Gibson!

no change (which is a good thing since i was up to 296 ;) earlier this week)

Name...............................Starting…....Current…......Goal…..........To Go

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 294... ..........276.................17

tann.............(Tammy)...........224............ . 221............212....................09

Josette.................................322....... .......322..............307.................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....267..............267..............256........ .........11

FaithMD............................... 312..............311.3..............299........... ....12.3

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. ....275....... .......273 .............265..................8

Libra..(Angela)...................... 218...........;...216..............208............ . ....8

glindab..................................286...... ........286..............275.................11

Inner_me.....(Chris).............. ..295...............295.............280........... .......15

glindab..................................286...... ........285..............275.................10

Another pound gone forever. That makes a total of 23 total. That is more than i have lost at one time since I joined weight watchers in 1999. What a great feeling.

tann.............(Tammy)...........224............ . 219............212....................07

glindab..................................286...... ........285..............275.................10

Updating 2 lbs lost:scared:

Christine, Wow I just saw your new pictures, I can see your waistline coming in, you are doing great with the workouts too.

Just a lil tip for ya, when I find I want something sweet, I have been eating fresh fruit and it really stops the craving and it fills me up for HOURS, I guess the Fiber and the sweetness does the trick. After you eat some fruit you will not have room for anything else. But it all depends on the level of restriction too.

I'am new to this forum but I wanted to share with you how excited I'm about getting to the 200's. I'am 329 now and I started at 359! I'm so excited to get below 300 !! I'm very thankful you have this thread for all of over 300 to support eachother :)

:welcomeB: ! I'm hoping to make it there sooner or later. I'm not certain when that will be, I'm in a gaining mode right now, it seems. It's close to the TOM, so I'm sure a lot of it is Water weight. I'm back to exercising now, so hopefully that will help.

welcome charsweb!!

tammy,

thanks, but i just cant get fruit to do it ... **sigh** bad bandster ... but i am gack on the wagon - again - down 1 pound. better than gaining, right?

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 293... ..........276.................17

tann.............(Tammy)...........224............ . 219............212....................07

I finally fill like I can actually post in here. Started at 400 and have about 20 pounds to go to make it to 299. I can hardly wait to say I am under 300. It has been a long time. I was banded on 2/27/07, Hoping I make it before the 6 month mark but that may be a bit aggressive.