Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

You know they warn me and warn me about soda and what do I do? Just a very small sip. Not even a full drink. Pain, pressure, burp and up comes the last few bites of Breakfast. Just the beginning of a horrible horrible day.

Yeah I am so not interested in drinking soda again.

You're preachin' to the choir babygirl! I had a terrible restriction day too!! Except my barfing was pill-related. My Vitamins must've gone down wrong and WOW...so that started my morning and the rest of the day I was sore and tight. I must've really ticked off my band today!!

Almonds??!!! Darn. I LOVE almonds, any nut really. Nuts are one of my "trigger" foods which means I cannot control myself and I'll eat the whole can in a day. I don't have many foods like that but nuts are one. So, can someone ration out my 8 almonds every day and mail them to me so that I don't have to keep a can around?!!

I think sometimes people that complain about how big they are to overweight people (I hate the word obese) are just cruel. They seem to think we don't realize that we are overweight and they will just rub it in by saying that they need to lose 20 lbs when they know we need to lose 200. It is like saying if I look awful with an extra 20, do you know how bad you look with your weight? But I am going to lose the weight for me and rain on them.

Banded on 2-21-07

1 st fill due on 3-27-07

297 top/284 on band day/275 today/150 goal

as soon as I figure out how all this works, I'm going to have one of the cute little paths.

I agree Lois! I hate when skinny people complain about their weight too. But, the difference for me is that usually I find these people are complaining about it because they think other people care about how they look and they want to be skinnier for someone else. Whereas, I'm doing this for ME and I could give a poop what someone else thinks of my weight or how I look! Just think of it that way...they're living for someone else and we're living for ourselves, because we're worth it!!

This is sad but most people are so self involved that they honestly don't notice someone elses situation. And family members and friends honestly see you for who you are not what size you are. I think they are oblivious rather than cruel. Also to some of them their 20lbs is as significant to them as our 200 is to us. Now if they are looking at me funny then I know what they are thinking and that is just plain rude, or worse saying something. I hate it when teenagers point and giggle. Ahh to be rid of these problmes.

I think my feelings on this are the reason I can be supportive of low bmi bandsters. I know that there are those that get the band to lose 40lbs. I don't think it would have ever occured to me at that weight but to each their own. If they want to dish out the money, it's their body. And those 40lbs to them are as much an albatross to them as our excess is to us.

I wish I was that concerned when I only had 40 pounds to lose. I give people credit for being conscious of their weight before it barrels out of control like I did. No one should have to feel the way I have, uncomfortable, unhealthy, embarrassed. It's a sucky way to live. I wish I was the type to do something about it when I was 20 pounds overweight.

Ah, true Libra! I liked what you said.

I wish I would've had that insight when I was younger. When I a kid my parent's answer to this situation was to try to limit my food and it felt like a punishment. I don't blame them for my weight problem...I'm definately not saying that. It's just a testament to how family dynamics play a part in how a person views weight as they get older. I wish, wish, wish I had a magic mirror 25 years ago to see how important exercise and eating right are so that I could've avoided years and years of pure torture! But, we're all to that point now and we're doing fabulous so at least we are taking care of it now.

Perhaps it is a bit of jealousy that makes me feel nasty when someone complains about the 20 lbs they want to lose. Especially when they do the complaining as they belly up to the snack table at work to have a donut and I'm there struggling, avoiding eye contact with said donuts knowing I still have a long road to toll! Ha Ha!

Woo Hoo! I'm down another pound! This makes up for the last two weeks of losing nothing! LOL!!

Name..........................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal…....To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. .........236.................228..............8

Lapbandit.......................231............... .......220………….199.............21

Waterlily........................300.............. .........280.................264.............16

Roiansmom....................299.................. .....299.................270.............29

Libra..............................248............ ...........236.................228.............8

JulieNYC.......................212................ .......199.................185.............14

Elisabethsew................. 282.......................274..................264 .............10

PeaCeJ..........................338............... ........333..................318.............15

RidinMyHDDream.........297.......................2 84 .................281...............3

Babygirl1234.................260.................. ......250................240.............10

eecelove70..................228.................. ......228.................200.............28

Josette...........................351............. ...........347.................335.............12

I was 340 when I got my band on 1/17. This morning I was 306. Hooray! I can see Twoterville on the horizon now. It looks sort of like the Emerald City, a glistening jewel off in the distance, right under the pink clouds and just between those two high, rocky mountains. And the grass is ALWAYS greener in the Emerald City.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the worn out bathrobe"

That's awesome Mark, grats on coming so far so quickly :girl_hug:

Libra, yay!!!

As for me, the scale is now sitting even closer to the 70's, one light breeze will knock me over but alas it is a still day. I did however all of a sudden this morning notice that I look smaller. Now I measured myself like 5 days ago, so I thought it must be my imagination, but no, I have lost another 2" off of my waist!!! In less than a week. My body must be pausing here to redistribute. All I have to do is stick to plan and given time my body will have another huge drop in weight. Maybe I should up my calories to 1200? Right now I have been at 700-1000. Is it possible that that really isn't enough? What do you all think?

Molly,

My opinion is stick where you are with the calories. The second I notice I'm smaller, the weight on the scale pours off, so I bet you're about to see a big jump. Come on 70s! WOOHOO! GO MOLLY!

I agree with Julie that I've found when I feel like my overall size has changed that the scale usually starts dropping numbers. So, I'd probably stick with what you're doing too. Now, I've got different views than most about how many calories to eat per day but that's because a little higher number than 700-1000 works better for ME. But, if you're comfortable there and it's working for you then I'd say stick with it. It's when I hear someone stating they aren't losing and feel hungry all the time then I can't help but think they are not giving themselves enough nutrition to support all of the changes our bodies go through during weight loss. For me it's real important to me to make sure I'm eating enough to keep my metabolism running at full potential.

But, regardless...my opinion is that I think you're seeing such an improvement in shape is because you're doing your track laps! That's great! Sometimes switching up my exercise routine is enough to spark a weight loss increase so my guess is if you continue to work on increasing your laps you will continue to see great results!

Name..........................Starting…...…..Current….…..Goal…....To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. .........236.................228..............8

Lapbandit.......................231............... .......220………….199.............21

Waterlily........................300.............. .........280.................264.............16

Roiansmom....................299.................. .....299.................270.............29

Libra..............................248............ ...........236.................228.............8

JulieNYC.......................212................ .......199.................185.............14

Elisabethsew................. 282.......................274..................264 .............10

PeaCeJ..........................338............... ........333..................318.............15

RidinMyHDDream.........297.......................2 84 .................281...............3

Babygirl1234.................260.................. ......250................240.............10

eecelove70..................228.................. ......228.................200.............28

Josette...........................351............. ...........344.................335.............9

I'd have to agree. I see such a great change in my body and I'd have to attribute that to the exercise as much as the weight loss. My surgeon really stressed to me how important the exercise is and, as much as I dislike it, I'm sticking with it.

I just got rid of almost all of my clothes that are now too big for me. Now I seriously need to do some shopping! In a size 20! Woo HOO!

Well, I bought this jumper many years ago. I didn't try it on because I was sure it would fit, the size was right. What I didn't realize is that my size 28's were from an expensive store, where sizes tend to be a little more generous and this was a 26-28 from wal-mart. Needless to say it didn't fit right. It was tight over my hips and belly. Today I pulled it out and removed the tags and have it on! Yay :) I am finally wearing it. It was so super cute I've saved it all these years.

Oh and I lost an inch off my hips now too, but no change in the scale. sigh.

My body did this when I hit 300 too. It needs to redistribute the existing fat before it will drop pounds again. I guess I should be grateful that my body cares about being as symetrical as humanly possible. Let's hope it moves things around quickly. Like before I throw the scale through a window. Oh wait, my bathroom doesn't have windows, whew, the scale is safe..........FOR NOW! LOL