Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Name....................Current Weight......Valentine's Goal......To Go

Juliegeraci................237.................... ..10................Done! 5lbs Bonus

Lapbandit.................235..................... .20..........................8

Libra....................... 251......................20....................... ...6

Indianlight................ 268......................20....................... .9

JulieNYC.................. 215......................215...................... ...0

Elisabethsew............ 283 (-11)...............282........................1

Forgot to update my weight loss!!

OK the funeral is over and it's time to get back to work. I read a post on my surgeons site today called the 10 most common mistakes wls patients make. Those that I identified with are...

Drinking with meals

Not taking supplements

Drinking Soda

Not drinking enough Water

Not excersising

snacking/grazing

THAT IS 6 OUT OF 10!!!!!:omg:

So I sit at 300 as of this morning.

I will tackle 2 things at a time

this next 2 weeks I will focus on Snacking and Soda

NO Cookies

and NO chips (yes I have been a very bad bandster)

NO SODA (I am a diet coke addict but I have already gone without 1 day so the headaches should be at least half gone)

also doing the no soda thing will automatically bump my water :) as I can't not drink something during the day.

Also on the soda note if any of you imbibe in it or are temtped too. I have noticed when I go without soda I lose weight, when I drink soda I gain or maintain.

I am setting a new Valentines goal of getting off the border between twoterville and tricities, It will be twoterville only for the next several months till I can get to onderland

Oh and you all are doing so fabulous :clap2:

You are all inspirations to me. Some of you I will never catch up to till we all meet together at goal, but that's ok.

Molly,

I KNOW that you will meet your Valentine's goal. I'm so proud of you for getting back into the swing of things so quickly, with all that you've been through these past few months. You are an inspiration to all who face such tragedy. Please let us know what we can do to help you along the way.

I drink soda -- not much, but maybe 12 oz/week. I'll give it up, in solidarity with you.

Take care, Julie

Welcome back, Waterlily. My biggest offense is drinking with meals so I am going to try and work on that one. I have one pound to go to make my goal but have been stuck at 283.5 for a few days (bouncing between 283 and 284.5). My eating has been on track so I hope the plateau ends soon and the scale moves. I'm going back for a check on 2/13 and will likely need a small fill as I have noticed this last one "wearing off" quite a bit.

You're doing great and have been through a lot. I'll work on knocking off the drinking with meals as a buddy support. Onward and downward!

Valentine's Challenge

Check In

Week 5/6

Name....................Current Weight......Valentine's Goal......To Go

Juliegeraci................237.................... ..10................Done! 5lbs Bonus

Lapbandit.................231..................... .20..........................4

Libra....................... 251......................20....................... ...6

Indianlight................ 268......................20....................... .9

JulieNYC.................. 215......................215...................... ...0

Elisabethsew............ 283 (-11)...............282........................1

OK folks, I've got 4lbs to go to meet my challenge. I'm gonna try, but I don't see it happening. But, I'll be darn close!

Molly-You are MY inspiration right now. I love your attitude and I just know you're going to great with your new objectives! I'm glad to see you back on the boards!

So, let's take a vote. I'm in for a new challenge seeing as our Valentine's challenge will end next week. These darn challenges help keep me on track. So...we had mentioned doing a St. Paddy's challenge, but that's only one month away basically. We could stick with that...or...what about an Uncle Sam challenge and we stick it to tax day, April 15??? That would be a two month challenge. Just an idea. Let 'em rip folks and vote if you're interested in another challenge and what kind of challenge you'd like this time.

Good luck all as we wrap up our final week of the Valentine's challenge!!

A tax day challenge sounds good to me...as least we'll have two months to work with.

Waterlily...it's not about the pounds as much as how you get there. You make us all proud!!!

I'm gonna try and give up my snacking...I've noticed I'm doing that more than I used to.

Easter or tax day sounds good to me. How many people here drink with their meals? I have researched this and can't find a definitive answer for not drinking with meals. Is it so that you feel full sooner or eat less or stay fuller longer? I'd be interested in the experiences of the people here.

Thank you!

Thanks everyone :D

I did really good today, no Cookies and only a few chips but that was only because hubby took me out for mexican tonight. That one meal pretty much blew my calories for the day, but I made it through with no soda! I will worry more about the actual calories after my fill on tuesday. AS for Uncle Sam challenge, count me in. My bandiversary is 4/11 and my anniversary is the 9th so I already have a goal set, hehe, my goal will be 264 that would make a full 90lbs in year one :P I know it is a steep one, about 3.6lbs a week, but I have all those months of not working it and staying the same in my favor. My body always loses really fast when I start doing things right, it is down the road that it slows down, hehe. So I think I might be able to pull it off, and if not, well then I will have made grand progress :) I have a mini goal inbetween too for my Mom's birthday.

Elisabeth,

I have drank with meals and can tell you that it does affect how much I can eat. Drinking flushes the food right out of your pouch. However, I cannot drink with meals now, i can with a light snack, like a little fruit or yogurt, but solid food no way, it makes me slime, and that is so not fun.