Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe it's just me but does anybody feel like they've gotten uglier with their weight loss? I've lost 85 lbs so far and even though I have more energy, I feel like I've just gotten less pretty. Don't get me wrong, I never thought I was a knockout but at least a lil bit of a cutie. But now that my face has gotten thinner, I can't seem to make myself feel pretty with or without makeup. Are there any suggestions that can help me feel better about my looks?

Well, not uglier per-se just more wrinkly and more lines. I don't equate that with being ugly though as I am feeling and over all looking so much better that I see it as beautiful.

BTW: looking at your picture gallery I see NOTHING about you that is ugly.

I went through this stage as well. I always thought I was pretty smoking hot even at 270lbs, I'm a little over-confident and not willing to deny that about myself. BUT, I do remember over-analyzing every wrinkle, crinkle, flaw I could find about my face. The one thing I did was learn to apply make-up to my new oval shaped face instead of my previous round, chubby cheeked face. There is a lot of difference in face shape, and how to apply make-up. I was still stuck in my fat face regimen, and once I tweaked what I was doing, I started being less critical, and started loving what I saw in the mirror again.

The one thing I can say is that my face has changed dramatically even over the last 6-8 months. I also cut my hair to a short, stacked layered style, and it really helps add a little fullness back to my face. When I had long hair, it elongated my face, and I kind of had that 'horse face' thing going on, and I hated it.

I had a girlfriend that does hair/make-up give me some pointers, and maybe you could visit a department store make-up counter like Clinique or Estee Lauder and have them do a consult. They are typically free, and they can help you get a "look' that you want. I have a "day time" look, and a "night time" look.

Baby girl I know what you speak up. Don't get me wrong. For my age i look pretty good. But to ME my face has change. Some for the better some for the worst. The worst being I see laugh lines that I NEVER had before and I have a freaking turkey neck. On the plus I have beautiful eyes. Boobs, butt and arms.... well don't get me started. My boyfriend doesn't seem to mind, except maybe for the butt. LOL.

Saving money now to fix what I can. Boyfriend says he will not help becuz I will probably leave him when everything is fix. :rolleyes: He he!!!!

Deb B)

Maybe it's just me but does anybody feel like they've gotten uglier with their weight loss? I've lost 85 lbs so far and even though I have more energy, I feel like I've just gotten less pretty. Don't get me wrong, I never thought I was a knockout but at least a lil bit of a cutie. But now that my face has gotten thinner, I can't seem to make myself feel pretty with or without makeup. Are there any suggestions that can help me feel better about my looks?

OHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!! Not me, and i know vanity is one of the seven sins but since I've lost my weight, I look better! No wrinkles here at all. . .one of my daughters friends who has never seen me asked her if I was her sister. . . my daughter is 21! (I am 50 :D ) What a nice compliment. . .I think I look alot better now then when i was obese. . .

have you thought about permanent makeup? I have my eyebrows and eyeliners top and bottom done. . . its really neat not have to worry about putting on "makeup" every day and just wake up and poof there you are all beautiful!

I looked at your gallery and I think you look better overall now. Maybe it's a psychological thing you are suffering from. Having a hard time accepting the change.

I seen some update of people that have lost weight and I think it makes them look better. It might just be me I really don't know what to think of myself though.