Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GFG Club - Guess Funny's Apron Weight

Why do I see myself in mexico, sitting at a table with chille relleno and chips and salsa and salad and margaritas, telling my husband I can't eat any of it cause telly will kick my ass when i get home. LOL

Congratulations Amy!!

Hi Suzukimom here...

Did anyone read my post? Perhaps I placed it in the wrong category. Or maybe there's a click of the in-people who choose not to respond. Maybe I said something wrong. I certainly don't feel like those who were supposed to be supporting each other have done that with my own apron questions. Maybe I'll look for another site. Wish all of you well anyway.

Suzukimom

Dear Amy... I too share the pain of the apron. Honestly I have found that even sitting at the computer for 15 mins results in horrific pain. I think this apron is cutting off circulation but X-rays and CT scans show there's also a problem with the nerve endings in the lower back. That is why I have such pain in the groin area and down the quadricep muscle. I wanted to have banding or even RNY but made the choice to care for my Father while he was battling lung cancer. We lost him in September and I haven't had the strength to fight for my own health since. He was a Marine and now with my Mom gone too it's just really sad. I haven't gained any weight but I am really hurting. To top things off my husband just lost his job through no fault of his own after an auto accident. He's a volunteer firefighter and the love of my life. We'll make it through this, but right now I can't schedule a surgery I can't pay for. I also think I really need this apron cut off to help the pain. How can one exercise when she can't move? I don't know who to talk to... hoping you might be able to discuss this with me. I look just about like those pictures above. I am a little confused about your situation... I think your doctors were going to go ahead with the surgery before the band but have decided not to, right? I too believe in Divine Intervention. My prayers will be with you. Thanks so much,

Suzukimom

Suzukimom I did miss your post! I am so sorry! Please do not think we are cliqueish by any means. It was an oversight on my part!! I am sorry you feel that we are not paying attention. I have been so frazzled lately. LOL

I agree that it is so hard to move and workout with this awful stomach. They want to remove the apron, but because of my history with blood clots they feel it is unsafe. I am going to follow their rules and go with just doing the lapband.

I am so sorry you have so much going on right now. Best to take one thing at a time. But do remember that you need to take time for yourself and work on your own problems as well. I know some people find this possible calloused, but in reality if we do not take care of ourselves who will? I know that is my situation. I will be adding you to my prayers and wish you the best with your difficulties. I hope that you are able to find a way to pay for the surgery and can see your way past these current events that have you down.

:hungry: Amy! Just a word of warning - my friend that had her band placed in April didn't do a pre-op diet and ate fajitas the night before her surgery. She experienced HORRIBLE gas pains for several days post-op. She's had other laparocopic procedures without incident so she thinks it's because she induldged the night before.

Just to be on the safe side, you may want to have your "last supper" a week before your surgery...? I think that's what I'm going to plan on - now just to decide what it should be..... Whatever you decide to do, I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Andy

Funny - I just read this thread!! WOW!! I am so excited for you. You're getting banded!! You're getting banded!! :confused: :P:lol:

I was very concerned with I read about the blood clots. I have a friend who recently told me that her brother died on the operating table from a blood clot. He was doing a routine surgery for his knee. He was healthy & active with 4 children. He had no history of them!!

So, I think your doctors made a very good choice. Now you KNOW how much they care about you. I think If I ever need plastic surgery I'll be calling your doc. :lol:

I didn't have a last supper either & had NO GAS pains at all. The surgery was a breeze & I never used any pain medicine. The doctor told me he thought it was because I stayed on liquids right up until the surgery. BUT, it was VERY HARD not to eat!! If my husband weren't with me, I would have eaten tacos until I was sick. Good luck!!

New thread idea. thanks guys!!! hehehe Thanks for the well wishes. Diane, I know I am in the best hands around. Andy that makes so much sense it saddens me LOL No last supper.

Dear Funny...

I'm sorry, I guess I was just feeling down and having pain which will bring the witch out easily in me. I have to tell you the picture of you in the left hand corner is really beautiful. Wish I had one like that of me. I have a feeling that you are going to do really, really well and be a great success story. I hope you will continue to stay in contact. I know you're right down to the wire now and will keep you in my prayers, I promise. If you or anyone you speak to has any suggestions about what to do about the pain my apron is causing me, please let me know directly or through someone who will speak for you while you are healing. I will watch for your recovery and wish you God Speed.

Warmly,

Suzukimom

I am glad you came back. You might want to post a question to Dr. C in the complications thread. He might have some ideas, and knows a heck of a lot more about anatomy than I do. He might know what nerves the apron might be pinching. I am so sorry to hear about the pain you are exp.

I hope you are right that I will do well. I struggle a lot. But this is a great support system here, and you will find there are a lot of people here with exp similar to yours. You should also check out the gone for good club, and join up. They are great motivation for losing weight, whether you are banded or not. You might be able to lose some before you get to the point where you can afford the surgery. it is what I did and I am down 52+ pounds.

Good luck, and thank you so much for the prayers. It means a great deal to me.