Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

noises after fill???

Guest bandluvr

Hi Mary,

No, it really has nothing to do with the gurgling. In fact, when I gurgle and make noises, I generally know things are working just fine. I continue to be too restricted and am PB'ing more than I should after just 1/2 oz. of food or liquid. I am following all of the rules my doc has given me (small bites, lots of chewing, Protein first, no junk, etc. etc.) and they want to take some of the Fluid out of the band. I think the last fill was too agressive (I went from 1.7 cc's to 2.25 cc's) and I am hoping he just takes it back a little (.1 or.2 cc's). Hopefully that will make things better.

Hi Divebadger:

Thanks for your response. I was wondering, since I also have a tight fill, but I have not had the PB'ing problem you have had. I am able to get food and liquid down and it stays down, it just takes awhile and I guess I am not used to that, since I have not had much restriction until now. It does sound like they filled you a little too much. Good luck with your unfill!

Mary in Sacramento

surgery date 12/10/02

-40 lbs.

Mary,

I had the unfill (.25 cc's taken out) and the difference is astonishing. I can eat more than 1/2 an ounce in an hour! It was taking me 3 hours to eat 1 to 2 ounces of food. I am so much happier. Also, I asked my doc about the gurgling and he told me that alot of gurgling after a fill (I think that may mean for a number of days) may (and he did say may) mean that the band is too tight. Since my un-fill, I haven't gurgled once and I am feeling alot less dehydrated because I can get my Water in again. So keep an eye on your fill, it may be worth it to go slow with the fills, but if it's ok for you then more power to you! Take care,

Hi Nicole,

pb'ing is "productive burping" or basically regurgitating food back up because it doesn't go down due to tightness. It is NOT something you want to do.

Hi Divebadger:

Thanks for the update on your unfill results. I am now almost 3 weeks out from my last fill, and am dealing OK with it, I think. I have been waiting for some real restriction since my surgery last December, and with this fill, I finally have it, but some things I didn't expect. Like, only being able to drink very slowly. While I don't think I am dehydrated, I know I am drinking less Water, peeing less, and somewhat constipated. I never had trouble with this before this fill. I have to drink a mouthful, then wait a few minutes until I can drink another mouthful. I did not expect such restriction with liquids! Eating solids is about as slow as drinking, not slower, which one would expect. I am able to eat any foods, it seems, as long as I go slow enough. I am still able to get in more than 1,000 calories a day, so I don't think I need an unfill at this point, what's your opinion? I like the restriction with the food, but with the liquid it is kind of annoying, although liveable. I think with me, it may take this to achieve weight loss!

Mary in Sacramento

Hi Mary,

That's a tough one. I am very happy that I got some taken out for the simple fact that now I can really drink liquid. I am so afraid that with the unfill that I will start eating more, so I have been super careful not to eat too much, but I am definitely feeling restricted after about 2 to 3 oz. of food, it just takes me less time to eat it (3 hours before versus, 45 minutes to an hour after). If you are ok with how you are eating and can live with it, I think that it is ok to continue as long as you are not dehydrated and not PB'ing. But, if you had just a little bit taken out (.1 or .2 cc's) it may make the difference and allow you to drink better. I know that the goal here is to lose weight, but we also have to live well and feel well, even if it means slowing down our weight loss a little bit. Remember, we can continue to get fill until the band is full. Having some taken out now doesn't mean you'll never feel restriction again, just wait until the next fill! :)

Take Care,

Hi Divebadger:

Thanks for your response, and you are absolutely right. I guess the only reason I hesitate to get an unfill, even a slight one, is that I had so much trouble getting enough restriction, and now that I have it, it's hard to think about letting any go! I do wish I could drink a little faster, but my food intake, I think, is about right. Anyway, I guess I will just wait and see how it goes! This is sure a learning experience...

Mary in Sacramento

Hi Divebadger:

Thanks for your response, and you are absolutely right. I guess the only reason I hesitate to get an unfill, even a slight one, is that I had so much trouble getting enough restriction, and now that I have it, it's hard to think about letting any go! I do wish I could drink a little faster, but my food intake, I think, is about right. Anyway, I guess I will just wait and see how it goes! This is sure a learning experience...

Mary in Sacramento

Mary

I had my 1st fill july 6, had some tightness a few days after then no restriction at all and gained 2# when I went in for 2nd fill Aug. 26 - last FRI. Now got gurgglin & noises. I feel OK with this now so I guess I'll wait till next month to see if I'm losing any weight before getting another fill. Don't want just unfill unless they can do a fill. After all I'm paying for it. I feel just like U on this.

I saw my doc Tuesday for my second fill. The first fill three weeks ago was 4cc's and this past Tuesday she put in another 2cc's, which ended up making me too tight. On Wednesday I was still having trouble getting liquids in so I went back to have 1cc taken out. Being too tight is a VERY uncomfortable feeling! Luckily the unfill has done the trick and I now feel quite restricted and which has lead to all the gurgling and noises everyone has mentioned. It feels funny, but it feels great not being able to eat so much and to finally start losing.