Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What could have triggered this

Ever since I came back from R&R I have been slipping. My room is an utter pigstye, I've only been to the gym once this week, my eating has become more and more disordered, I'm not styling my hair in the mornings, I have no energy. I can't blame my cycle, as this has been going on for at least 2 weeks and I'm still 2 weeks out from it. I return to the States from my tour in 5 more weeks, there is a lot of anxiety wrapped up in that - finding employment, keeping employment, finding a place to live, still being fat. I've been in a stall for 2 weeks. I average about 850 cals a day, 80g's Protein. My carbs have risen, used to be below 25, now are regularly above 35. Pretty blue right now.

Ever since I came back from R&R I have been slipping. My room is an utter pigstye, I've only been to the gym once this week, my eating has become more and more disordered, I'm not styling my hair in the mornings, I have no energy. I can't blame my cycle, as this has been going on for at least 2 weeks and I'm still 2 weeks out from it. I return to the States from my tour in 5 more weeks, there is a lot of anxiety wrapped up in that - finding employment, keeping employment, finding a place to live, still being fat. I've been in a stall for 2 weeks. I average about 850 cals a day, 80g's Protein. My carbs have risen, used to be below 25, now are regularly above 35. Pretty blue right now.

I don't think 35 carbs is going to derail your weight loss. Just a rotten stall. Sounds like a little depression and anxiety... and who wouldn't feel that way! You are starting a new life. Do you know the saying "You can never go back"? It just means after you experience a broader life, then when you go back to the old places and ways... you are a different you, and it wont feel the same. Take one day at a time... write down some goals and if there is anyone you can talk to, do it. I traveled in India for 6 months, and when I came back home, things looked familiar... but not the same. It was very strange! Good Luck!

Stress is probably why you are at a stall right now. It sounds like your eating is just fine! 35 carbs is not high, at least not to me! Stress releases hormones in the body that make it just about impossble to lose weight. Just try to relax as much as you can. Come here and get everything out. And I bet once everything settles down, you will continue to lose the weight. Good luck, and big hugs to you.

You are doing great! You are starting on another new journey and you will always have your tool no matter where you live. You'll get back to the basics and start losing again. We all go on stalls.

My doc and nut said "If you are all crying and feeling strange, blame it on the rapid weight loss! Hormones you know..."

Yeah, I'm frustrated and anxious these days, that's for sure. I lost 12 pounds in December and only 6 pounds in January which is devastating. I've been in Iraq (I'm a civilian with the Army) for 2 years now, have no place to live when I return to the States, have no romantic prospects, am still fat, dislike my job, and am over 6 months out from surgery. Clothes don't look good on my stuffed sausage body, my waist calves refuse to lose inches. I am 87 pounds from goal and I am so #$%&&% sick of being so #$%-^%$# fat.

I agree, sounds like you've got some depression issues going on. Nothing wrong with seeing a counselor and/or doctor about it. Plus you've got all the extra stress on top - once these things are sorted out, you'll feel much better. As far as the weight issue, I recall you saying they couldn't do all the medical tests you wanted back there, so at least you can get that done when you return to the US; and you'll be in control of your food rather than limited to 5 deep-fried choices from the cafeteria, so you can jump-start your weightloss with healthy foods. Things will turn around soon! A year from now, you'll look back on this time and the stress will seem insignificant.

I really think having more food choices will make living and losing with the sleeve much easier.

I know we are all impatient and want to be at goal as fast as possible, but we all get there at our own rate.

Most people do reach their goal with the sleeve though and you will too!

Here come some of my lame suggestions, but they are here none the less. . . I went through that for a bit, but I started taking SAM-e complete (found at Walmart or wherever) and increased my Vitamin B12 . . . after about 1 - 2 weeks I felt so much better. . . the world "looks" different and I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. . .

You'll find somewhere to live. . . don't you have family or a friend who can help out for about 1 - 2 weeks til you find something? girl, don't worry about the "your still fat" that will come off you have a great tool working with you! It'll happen!

Well only you can do something about your job. . . if it's a really pain in the glutteous maximus, only you can do something about that. . . there are other jobs . . .

You'll do fine, like the others say, sounds like a bit of depression and anxiety (probably mostly anxiety then depression) but everything will work out. . . good luck!

Thanks guys. I tried to go back on liquids for a fresh start, didn't even make it a whole day, had shakes for Breakfast and lunch and then chicken for dinner. I take 2 complete flintstones Gummy vits every day, but that's it. I am exhausted. I have no interest in anything, no sense of hope or pep or gumption. Laying in bed, staring at the tv in a dark room sounds about as challenging as I'm up for. Went to the gym yesterday during lunch, it felt good. Will try to do same today.

I think it's understandable that you're feeling this way, you're obviously depressed/stressed because things are going to change so drastically in your life again when you go back home. Hang on there try to get to the gym as much as possible as you know the endorfins will work their magic. Once you get home you wwill have much more choice of food as someone said already said, which will make it easier. I would say if you continue to feel like this to see somebody about it if it's available out there. Good luck GT and keep going, you've came this far in what I'm sure is a very stressful time of your life, big hugs

Thanks guys. I tried to go back on liquids for a fresh start, didn't even make it a whole day, had shakes for Breakfast and lunch and then chicken for dinner. I take 2 complete flintstones Gummy vits every day, but that's it. I am exhausted. I have no interest in anything, no sense of hope or pep or gumption. Laying in bed, staring at the tv in a dark room sounds about as challenging as I'm up for. Went to the gym yesterday during lunch, it felt good. Will try to do same today.

And bet your Vitamin D is very low too! Get some Vitamin D3 and start taking it everyday along with the B12's and SAM-e . . it may help! Good for you going to the gym! That a step in the right direction! (pardon the pun) I don't feel the minute you feel blue and bummed out you should run to the shrink just take some Vitamins and do your activities, however, should it continue then i would suggest going to someone, even if it's your local doctor. . . good luck!

Hey Globetrotter... I agree with the others, you have a lot going on in your head at the moment, uncertain times are difficult to deal with. But you will get through this, I am sure! Once you are home hopefully, you'll feel better in yourself and the positive vibes will return.

This is probably a stall, which at this moment in time is the last thing you need... but... as you know, stalls break!

Good luck and keep going =]

You know Globetrotter I dont think I have ever read exactly how much weight you have lost total since surgery. I only seem to catch when you have stalled or gained. How is weight loss overall?