Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping all the time

I was not sure where to ask this but here we go. I was wondering if anybody has noticed they have been burping alot. Seems like I burping like all the time. I don't drink caffeinated or carbonated stuff. Seems to be mostly after I eat, any suggestions?

I am the same way. I think it is because I am still eating too fast and taking too big of bites. But if this is the worst side effect, I can live with that. I am down 46 lbs total (38 since surgery Dec 1st). I think some foods after me differently and I see it worst with new foods I have just re-introduced back into my diet.

I burped a lot in the first couple of weeks (especially after drinking Protein shakes), but it seems to only happen now (at 6 weeks out) when I eat too quickly, or when I eat a bit too much.

I am two weeks out and burping slightly less than I did even a few days ago. Sip, burp, sip, burp. I figure the shortest way for the air to get out is up, so up it comes.

It's getting better, though. I am hoping to be able to be in polite company in another few weeks (or learn to burp silently...)

I must be eating too fast, too, b/c I burp a lot! A lot more than I ever did. (I was sleeved 22 days ago). I seem to feel a lot better after I burp. I'm just kind of worried about how it will be when I go back to work next week. I almost always eat lunch at my desk, but I think I'm going to have to switch that up b/c I don't want to burp at work!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches