Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so scared. If I can't seem to follow the 2 week pre-surgery diet how am I going to follow the rules after surgery. Has anyone felt like this or have this problem?

EVERYONE! It is okay! IF we had no problem staying on liquids we would not need the DIET, duh? Hang in there..... They will do your surgery. They scare you because they don't want you buffeting everyday for 2 weeks...... LEave the carbs alone and eat protien if you must eat.... HIGH protien will shrink the liver....... NO CARBS....

Hey blj5362 you are not alone. You will be fine just try as hard as you can to stick to the pre diet, but as pplqueen said the diet is to help shrink your liver, so it is not in the way during surgery. The added benefit is that you have some nice weight loss before surgery so you have a jumbstart on your new weight loss journey. Good Luck:welldoneclap:

I feel you. Now I now everyone felt this way. I was banded 10 days ago and had these very thoughts. Once your banded for the first couple of weeks I can speck for I haven't slipped up. I don't want to cause any harm to my band. Good Luck you do great. Stick with your high Protein if your gonna eat. Good advice pplqueen.

Hang in there, if we were all diet pros we wouldnt need the band, right? Having said that, try, really try hard to stick to it, it will help you so much in preparation for surgery!!:) Don't be too hard on yourself, pat yourself on the back when you have a good day!!

You guys are so nice......... This is hard. Everything in life that is of value is hard. If it was easy, it would not be necessary. I feel better and more relaxed everytime I read this forum. Even with the negative... that is part of the surgery also. It is so great to know what to expect. Wish me luck 43 hours until banding.

I am scared too. Surgery date July 21.

I sometimes have to remind myself how scary my life will be if I dodn't take this very brave step.

To make myself feel excited again, I go look at the Before and After pics at the top of this page.

Good luck and you will be fine.

hugs

You'll be fine. Remember the post diet, I hit a glitch and my surgeon was not happy. Make sure you follow the rules because the healing stage is critical. Your stitches can come lose, etc. Be good to yourself. We ALL are scared at some point, that is only natural. Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches