Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great questions....I hope a lot of people share their experience. In college I wore size 10. Somehow I got to an 11, and then after having a child I am a 12. When I lost 50 lbs. a few years ago I could do 11s again. After gaining the weight back, no more 11s. I'm hoping it was not a fluke.

I've always had short (for my height), wide feet, but for the last 10 years I've had to wear extra-wide shoes, most of which had to be ordered online because stores just don't carry them. I'd been wearing a 7.5 4E, but since surgery I'm back in a 7 (obviously the length didn't change, I just don't have to get them longer to get more width), but in a regular wide and sometimes not even that. My new very favorite shoes are a regular old size 7 pair of high-heeled clogs, and my running shoes that I had before surgery but didn't use (but do now!) are a little "baggy" feeling. It's awesome!

No change in length, unfortunately (size 9.5-10 at 5'5" - URGH), but my feet are slightly less wide. I almost never needed to wear W, but a lot of regular shoes, esp. pumps, were a bit too tight, and now they fit well.

Not sleeved yet, but in the past I always lost 0.5 size in shoes when I lost a lot of weight...

I lost 50 lbs post Sleeve. I still wear a size 10, not a wide width anymore. My feet used to be swollen every day. Now they look thin & flat on the top. Its great !

Thanks for asking this - I was wondering (hoping!) the same thing. Yesican ~ you're my inspiration!! My feet are constantly swollen! I keep saying I have the ankles of an 83 yr old - but I'm 'only' 38!!! I am even having trouble with the double wide widths lately :( Turns out that snow boots don't fit swollen ankles so well. My sleeve is in 9 days and I think the whole reason that prompted me to look into this surgery is b/c I'm tired of swollen feet!! Now, if I can get my size 11's down to a 10.5 or 10, along with going from WW to W (or, dare to hope?, just reg. width?) > that'd just be a big ole bonus! LOL!!! :)

I know as you lose, you have to buy smaller cloths, but what about shoes? Was wondering if many of you have lost shoe sizes too.

ugh not me, still good ole size 10WW! UGH at least they make them this size for sasquach! I need coffee now!laugh.gif

I wore an 8-8.5W pre-op and now I wear a 7-7.5 normal width. I only had to buy a longer size to accommodate the width and crazy instep that I have.

damn... I was hoping for some shoe shopping... Would love to go down a size to a 9.. I guess the good news is I will be able to buy more shoes from the womens section instead of mens if the width thins out.

I am 51lbs down, and a half shoe size as well. Went from size 8 to 7.5, which is a DRAG because I have some beautiful shoes that now don't fit:( It is what I bought instead of cute clothes, because, well I had a hard time finding cute clothes in my size. But shoes always fit!!

I had sleeve surgery on Dec.29, 2010 and have lost 28 lbs so far. I put on a pair of my favorite shoes Sat. Night and they were so loose I thought they had stretched! I had no idea shoe shopping was a side effect of WLS.

Down a shoe size so far from 9 to 8. Still need wide since my feet are practically square they are so wide but my ankles are smaller and to get width in the ball of my foot shoes flop off my ankles. I almost have to shuffle.