Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad case of the what ifs

I have the worst case ever of the what ifs. What if I made the wrong choice to go to Mexico for surgery ?? What if I leave and never see my children again? What if my kids can't make it 5 days without me ? I am just thinking all the what ifs in my head now that it us just 5 weeks away and it has me a basket case !!!

Instead of thinking of the negatives, think of the reason you made this decision. No matter where you have surgery there are risk, but the benefits are so worth it. I don't know how hold your kids are, but most likely they will be fine. Normally I am a "Nervous Nelly" but for my surgery, I did not have any hesitation, doubts or anything. It was the best decision. I am already healthier and feel so much better about myself. Don't panic, if you want write down all the reason on why you want this surgery and anytime you start with the "what if's think of the what if's if you don't have this surgery. Good Luck and keep us posted.

I hear you, I am going through a little of the same, minus the Mexico part. I think about a week ago I really started questioning everything (I am less than 2 weeks out now). I keep telling myself no one on this forum seems to regret this decision. I think of it like having a baby, there is no turning back at this point. I know it is going to be a lot of work and I think that is a part of the anxiety as well. I know it will all work out, I have a supportive family, and luckily my children aren't too young and can fare well on their own. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you can feel more at ease as the time draws nearer.

Take care! And see you on the other side.

I have the worst case ever of the what ifs. What if I made the wrong choice to go to Mexico for surgery ?? What if I leave and never see my children again? What if my kids can't make it 5 days without me ? I am just thinking all the what ifs in my head now that it us just 5 weeks away and it has me a basket case !!!

I'm the same way but only about the Mexico thing. I am certain of the surgery. I have researched it as much as possible. However, I just don't want to tell anyone I am going to Mexico to have it done. I just worry about that but a lot of people have went and had no problems. I have just left it up to God. My prayer is if this is not supposed to happen then don't let it. So, If everything continues working out then it's meant to be. I am a single mom so I definately have those fears but I want to live to see my grandkids and if I don't get some weight off the odds are not in my favor. Good luck with you decision.

I'm the same way but only about the Mexico thing. I am certain of the surgery. I have researched it as much as possible. However, I just don't want to tell anyone I am going to Mexico to have it done. I just worry about that but a lot of people have went and had no problems. I have just left it up to God. My prayer is if this is not supposed to happen then don't let it. So, If everything continues working out then it's meant to be. I am a single mom so I

definately have those fears but I want to live to see my

grandkids and if I don't get some weight off the odds are

not in my favor. Good luck with you decision.

Awww thanks and that is a true what if as far as what if I don't take the weight off ? What if this adds 10 years to my life ? What if I can play with my kids and not have to get tired or worry I won't fit on play ground equipment? I know it is all in God's hands and I know I will go through with it guess I needed some cheerleaders

I think we're all going through the same thing. What if you don't? I think you know the answer to that one.

Lucky for you, I'm going to RK on the 10th. I won't lie to you. I know how it feels sitting here and wondering. I'm gonna tell it like it is beginning to end.

I think we would all be abnormal to not think of the "what if''s". You've had some great advice given to you today, in my opinion. I don't know how far you have to travel or how old your children are, but I do know that flying is a beast when one is overweight. I also know that my child greatly encouraged me to do this and get healthy. I know that once I decided to do this-----and my sleeve isn't until April most likely----I instantly became happy. Decision made. Press on with it. Make yourself a list and study it-----pros and cons. Read the book The Skinny on Weightloss, and be excited! GO FOR IT!