Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So lost in regular women's clothing!

I wish we had a Macy's here but we don't. I need to go get sized for a bra. My boobs are definatly droopy so there'd be no way to measure them w/o a bra on. I'd get a 38 Long and flat if that were the case. Gap has some nice clothing for I think about any age and banana Republic but they can be quite pricy. I know I've gone with a 25 year old very well dressed friend to those stores and also my 60 year relative who is a business woman. I don't know about their size though. LL bean is another you can check out and maybe Eddie Bauer? Something funny I was also thinking of when I read this. I've always been the odd girl (Piercings, dyed hair, outrageous clothing) but now that I'm losing weight I don't find myself attracted to mainly all odd styles. I think before it was "Notice that I'm odd not that I'm fat" and now I just don't care. Helluva a change being I'm 32. : /

I went shopping a couple days ago. My undies that I got at Lane Bryant 14/16 were getting baggy and even though I don't buy a lot of clothes on my way down I do treat myself to good undies. So we went to LB and that's the lowest size they carry. I tried on a pair of 14s and they were [ ] close to fitting. So I will be sized out of LB soon. We went to Target and I was able to shop in regular womens OH THE SELECTION! I'm lost. Really lost. I have found I have no fashion sense. In LB or the plus size section it's what fits, isn't insanly expensive, and doesn't have puffy paint/mirrors on it. That narrows it down to about 3 items and I pick whatever's in black and is slimming. Done. But in regular womens.....my god there are a lot of choices. And I feel so odd, like I shouldn't be there. Like everyone is looking at me just waiting for me to realize I'm in the wrong section of the store. Just to think about going to the mall. Before I could shop at Torrid and department stores plus section (but I didn't) so it was Torrid then leave. Now there are millions of stores. Which am I too old to shop in? Can I buy stuff at Victoria's secret? Do they size you without your bra on. So many questions and wonders.

I am 3 months post op.. but preop I was about a 20 at Lane Bryant. That only bras I would wear were Victoria Secret! Their bras aren't limited to itty bitty.. I believe mine are 38 or 40 D. I wear the Biofit without padding and it's amazing. I will next buy a bra from anywhere else. They will size you if you want, but that just makes me uncomfortable.. so I would just take a few and try them on yourself! Be careful.. You will get addicted to VS :)

My Mom bought me a 38 DDD today and it fit so well. I was a 42DDD I looked on VS website and I see they carry that size but I'll have to check out a store. My boobs kinda puddle in the bottom of my bra now : / I hope they have puddle holders.

See if Cato's has online store they have some really nice stuff and the carry plus sizes and misses. There prices are great..

Oh I'm so glad this subject is being talked about --

Besides the bra issue (which I really can't do much about down here in Paraguay now), I've been looking online for some decent clothes . . .

Here's my dilemma -- I can shop at Old Navy, which is fine and cheap and etc. But I would like to daydream and/or shop at other stores -- I don't know where to even start!

What stores do you all shop in??

I've looked at Ann Taylors (way too expensive), Talbots (the same), but I'm clueless as to what to look for . . . I've always shopped at Lane Bryant or Old Navy. sigh.

And since I'm 46 (almost 47), I don't want to look like a teenie bopper -- young, yes, but something like Forever21 I think would be too young, don't you think??

Please help, because yesterday I cried over this (seems silly when I used to cry over the fact that I couldn't find decent clothes in my bigger size) -- I guess I'm frustrated because I currently have only 2 pairs of pants that I can wear (and they are 2 sizes too big) and 4 shirts. I keep ordering from Old Navy only to find out that I guess wrong and it's too big. (another reason for the tears).

I sooo want to be back in the States so I can shop regularly and figure everything out --

Can anyone give me some good online stores that have cute clothes that are not out of this world expensive (so that I don't throw my money away after losing more??)? Thanks so much!

Oh, and about the bras, I measured myself and am ordering online . . . sigh. Crossing my fingers.