Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Give me all your secrets!

Hello all, I am 5 days post op and am going through full liquids for the next 2 weeks. I'm already sick of creamy Soups. I'm having trouble with Protein Shakes, they all taste awful. I have been doing some greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, sugar free popsicles, cream soups, cream of wheat... any other suggestions? I did see one poster mention using a light alfredo sauce as a Soup, that sounds promising! Thanks!

The first 2 weeks after surgery I was on liquids only then the next 2 weeks were creamy Soups and yogurt. I just started mushy foods like Cream of Wheat and anything I can mash a fork through. Your able to eat things sooner than I was. I will be 5 weeks out Monday. Just stick with it and no it is only a temporary thing! Good luck.

What Protein drinks have you tired. You should be able to find muscle milk light already made in one of the stores

Most people really like muscle milk. I think it tastes just like cho. milk. there is a thread in the food section

on places you can order samples. By the time they get to you though, you maybe ready for mushies.

Do you have a GNC? They will often let you try Protein Drinks.

You can also have egg flower Soup from the Chinese places. I liked those better than cream soup. Just spit out the peas if they have those or any other veggies mixed in. there is also drink able yogurt.

You can boil anything like veg, chicken, etc and make a Soup. I bought one of those Cuisinart wand things. Just cook what you want, add enough liquid, and puree it with a wand that has a mixer blad on the end of it. Clean up is a snap. You can make a lot of meals for your family, if you have one, and just puree it in food processor. You can always add chicken broth to get a Protein liquid. Be creative.

To me the problem with the Protein shakes is they are sweet. And whey Protein has a taste of its own, and texture of its own to me. But you gotta choke em down sometimes. But try to eat other things that are more like real food that are not sweet and that will help. Boil chicken, throw in some veggies, etc. and puree. Carrot soup, there are just so many pureed Soups you could make.

You can even take the broth and at a certain point in your diet make a little soup with egg and pureed chicken. To me that is the easy part. Just hard to not eat real food.

After a while I ate cottage cheese slowly. I think that was my first solid food. I had trouble eating tuna salad at that point, but egg salad was easier. It will just be llil bites here and there. But you can sip, and then nibble your way through this process.

I have a really hard time with Protein Shakes too. All the powder forms just seem way too gritty to me. I hate Slim Fast, and not real crazy about muscle milk either, but I have found that I like Myoplex lite chocolate. They are premixed individual servings and come in a 4 pack at Wal-Mart, and any place that sells Protein supplements. They are best really cold, so sometimes I will put mine in the freezer for about an hour to get it extra chilled. Good Luck, I've been having a really hard time with the whole liquid diet too. I'm 12 days out, so 2 more days til pureed. :)

I liked to mix hummus with Greek yogurt, maybe add a little hot sauce.

I was mostly missing hearty or spicy flavors...

Hello all, I am 5 days post op and am going through full liquids for the next 2 weeks. I'm already sick of creamy Soups. I'm having trouble with Protein shakes, they all taste awful. I have been doing some greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, sugar free popsicles, cream soups, cream of wheat... any other suggestions? I did see one poster mention using a light alfredo sauce as a Soup, that sounds promising! Thanks!

Have you tried the Special K Protein Shakes? These come in strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate - they have been my favorite (they have 10 grams of Protein and 5 grams of Fiber in each one).

I am on full liquids (pre-op) and I'm doing as pumpkin suggested. Make your own Soups or just take some shredded chicken or beef with a little broth and some veggies, nuke it and stick in a "Magic Bullet" and puree it...yum!! Just make sure you cook the meat with lots of yummy spices or add them before you nuke it. My hubby LOVES homemade soups so it's been pretty easy for me.

Also, Carnation Instant Breakfast strawberry flavor + 2 Tbls Dry Powered Milk flakes and 8 ounces of milk, stir and enjoy 18 grams of Protein. No nasty, awlful aftertaste for hours like chocolate Muscle Milk gives me.