Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you think?

hello fellow sleevers,

As we are entering a new year and a new decade, I thought it might be a good idea to start it with a fresh sheet as such and a positive attitude. I really want to kick start my weight loss again as I have been losing really slowly and I am feeling a little frustrated and despondent. I am diong all the right things; eating three times a day, concentrating on Protein and liquids, working out, but my negative attitude and my harsh thought process are not doing me any favours! I definately need to be kinder to myself!

So, with that in mind, I am thinking about going back to the liquid phase or at least partically liquid phase. I am thinking along the lines of two Protein shakes and one meal a day.

The question therefore is... is this a good idea? Or will it slow things back down when I start eating three meals a day again? I don't want to mess up my metabolic rate any more than it is already!!

I would appreciate any thoughts, ideas or advise on this because I really want to start the year off on the right foot and get that scale moving again!

Thanks in advance

I'm planning to do something similar because I went a bit mad on Christmas and New Years Eve. I don't think it will mess up your metabolism, it might actually shake it up a bit. I've read tiffy and other peoplei think advising people who lose slowly to try the 5 day pouch test if you google it you'll see what it is (Ican't copy and paste my computer is hardly working!) If you decide to do it or whatever you decide to do please post, I need a challenge to start tommorrow (I just ate a few thorntons chocolates :angry: )

I think the 5 day pouch test is a great idea.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

The last time I stalled out for 10 days I broke it by doing a day of liquids. It broke my stall and reminded me that the "hunger" I was experiencing was truly head-hunger. Good luck Coops, we'll all be here cheering you on!

I refuse to go back to all liquids even for a short amount of time. My body likes food, it feels better, I'm able to function better. So, I decided to purge all carbs for 7 days with the exception of carbs that I might get from cheese. I'm not trying to lose weight, but I'm getting back into my maintenance program.

I decided to kick soda back to an "occasional" treat because I was getting close to a 6-12 pack a week, and while I'm not gaining, I know it's an old habit that I need to kick to the curb. I figure if I just have a soda here and there that I can just drink my tea and Water. I've developed a major aversion to aspartame. So all the sugar free stuff is out. Splenda is the only artificial sweetener I can use.

The 5 day pouch test is a good way to rid your system of the carb/sweet monster. For me, I'm way too far out to do liquids even for just 2-3 days so I have to go back to strict Atkins to get back on my program.

I'm going back to no more than 40-50gr of carbs, and those carbs will be from dairy and some sauces/gravies. I've been in this "party mode" since Halloween, and it's time to get back to where I was.

Once thing that I've found lately that with all the junk food, and unbalanced diet I've been sleeping horribly. I feel tired when I wake up, I toss and turn all night. It takes forever for me to fall asleep. When I was eating "right", I would fall asleep quickly, sleep peacefully, wake up refreshed and ready to start my day.

You're still early in the process, and the 5 day pouch test might be perfect to get things jump started. I'm going back to my 4-6 Protein focused meals per day. I'm not going to start tracking again because I get a little obsessive, and I've figured out that I need to be relaxed for things to work for me at this stage.

I always stuck to 4 meals per day with a minimum of 15gr of Protein per meal. That's what got me to goal, and let me hit my protein/calorie goals without snacking which is another beast all together.

Thanks for the input...

Chilo, I will have a look at the pouch test and let you know... I need to be organised as I am back to work Tues ... Not ready for that, at all!!

One thing that is bugging me at the moment is that although I have done well to lose 47lb, I am still obese and I still feel 'big'! When friends comment on my weight loss I generally thank them and they always seem to ask 'oh, how much more do you want to lose?'... When I tell them that I ain't even half way and there is at least another 50lb... they seem surprised! I have even been told I should stop now!! That is absolutley not an option!

Why can't people, accept that I need to lose more weight and that I need to have a healthy and fit body? Grrrrrrr!!! I don't think any of the comments are said in a nasty way but it is irritating that they don't understand!...

OK rant over... gonna have a look at the pouch test now! =]

I feel like I need to kind of flush myself out... starting tomorrow, I plan to do at least a day of nothing but Water (and vitamins), maybe two, then liquids for a few days. I just have that old familiar "icky" feeling and feel like I need to get clean again. Shockingly, after eating like total crap for the last couple of weeks, my weight on the scale dropped to it's lowest yet a couple of nights ago. :blink: Can't figure that one out at all, but I'm gonna take and run with it!

Hey Stacy... good for you,.. love the way your body has given you an extra christmas pressie...lol!

I know what you mean by feeling like you need a clean out ... I am feeling sluggish... I took a couple of days 'off' and had some treats... not too many but enough to enjoy! I have done a little exercise and that has helped. My biggest problem is that my body clock is out of synch now... staying up way too late... so I am looking forward to going back to work just for the routine!!

I'm planning to do something similar because I went a bit mad on Christmas and New Years Eve. I don't think it will mess up your metabolism, it might actually shake it up a bit. I've read tiffy and other peoplei think advising people who lose slowly to try the 5 day pouch test if you google it you'll see what it is (Ican't copy and paste my computer is hardly working!) If you decide to do it or whatever you decide to do please post, I need a challenge to start tommorrow (I just ate a few thorntons chocolates :angry: )

Chilo,

I've had a look at the pouch test and I think it is doable... shall we go together.,. I really need some motivation and something to get the scales moving ... that at least will keep me going, 'cos right now I am really disheartened! =[

Let me know and give me a day notice if you fancy it, I ain't got any premade Protein shakes in at the moment... and they'll be good for brekkie...

Chilo,

I've had a look at the pouch test and I think it is doable... shall we go together.,. I really need some motivation and something to get the scales moving ... that at least will keep me going, 'cos right now I am really disheartened! =[

Let me know and give me a day notice if you fancy it, I ain't got any premade Protein shakes in at the moment... and they'll be good for brekkie...

Yep, I'm on, shall we start tuesday then, time to get Protein Shakes?

Yep, I'm on, shall we start tuesday then, time to get Protein shakes?

Tuesday it is then....it is a date!! Will the supermarkets be open tomorrow? Being a bank holiday an all that??

I've started putting unflavoured Protein powder in my coffee... trying to up my Protein too... I think you advised about that?! I blend it for a min or too and it is yummy... bit like a latte!

Tuesday it is then....it is a date!! Will the supermarkets be open tomorrow? Being a bank holiday an all that??

I've started putting unflavoured Protein powder in my coffee... trying to up my Protein too... I think you advised about that?! I blend it for a min or too and it is yummy... bit like a latte!

Yep it's a date! I usually put a bit of vaniila or chocolate flavour, I like the taste. I think supermarkets are open like on a sunday, let me know what you get!

Yep it's a date! I usually put a bit of vaniila or chocolate flavour, I like the taste. I think supermarkets are open like on a sunday, let me know what you get!

Ain't it Sunday today...lol!!

I've got maximuscle ready made before now... the strawberry one is nice, the choc one is ok... certainly drinkable for the first two days. I've been looking at the flavoured ones but they see soooo expensive... might just have to buy it and be done with it!?? x

Ain't it Sunday today...lol!!

I've got maximuscle ready made before now... the strawberry one is nice, the choc one is ok... certainly drinkable for the first two days. I've been looking at the flavoured ones but they see soooo expensive... might just have to buy it and be done with it!?? x

If you get complan or Nestle (powder) those are about 4£ for a pack of 4 or 5, yeah what i mean tomoro supermarkets open like today, they were open today!

If you get complan or Nestle (powder) those are about 4£ for a pack of 4 or 5, yeah what i mean tomoro supermarkets open like today, they were open today!

Oh that is more in my price range... where do you get yours from? I'll look out for those for sure... especially if they are nice. Is it just Complan and Nestle or do they have a specific name... sorry to be a pain xx