Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Discouraged

Mini!!!!!!!!!! Put the scales away and enjoy yor slim self, last Christmas you probably didn't even dream of being the size you are now, so I agree with all of the above comments :D

You guys have been great.

I know there is a lot of discussion about weighing everyday. I've been doing that since the beginning of my journey. I track on a chart & I am used to normal fluxuations. What I am not used to is a steady up, up, up.

You guessed it. Today the scale shows 131.8. And, no, the scale is not faulty. My husband and son both use it and report no changes. Well, actually, my husband lost 2 pounds.

So, since 11/29/10, I have gone from 126.0 to 131.8. That's almost 6 pounds in 2.5 weeks. I am truley upset. What is going on? My diet has not changed. I'm eating around 1200-1400 calories a day. Up until now, I've lost on this amount.

How can this be? 6 pounds is A LOT of Water weight. Am I done? Am I going to keep gaining? What can I do??? I cannot have come this far only to fail now. I really need/want a good cry.

Hugs Mini! That plain stinks right there! I honestly have no clue why that's happening to you. Are you stressing over something? Stress can do crazy stuff to us.

I honestly think you need to not weigh for at least a week. Try a new workout that includes some kind of meditation. Have you tried Yoga? I do a little of this on my Wii, but when I get to goal that is going to be my new workout of choice, going to real Yoga classes.

Other than that, what Tiff mentioned is probably the case. When you're at goal you tend to fluctuate up and down depending on the week. It will be a good idea to not weigh every day anymore. It just adds more stress. :'( Anyway I wouldn't know a darn thing about that... I'm nowhere NEAR goal!

I hope this helps!! Don't be upset - it's probably nothing.

Any chance you could be pregnant?My weight doesn't seem to fluctuate as much post-VSG as it did before the surgery. While my weight will occasionally go up a pound for a day or 2, it's never more than that (and usually I can link it to eating a bigger meal right before bed or not going #2 for a few days). A 6-lbs gain seems to be worth investigating.

LOL ... If I were pregnant I would have a lot of explaining to do to my "fixed" hubby.

Thanks for all the kind words ... Not sure what is going on. I will continue to track my foods. I have an appt with new nutritionist on the 4th. Hopefully I won't have gained even more by then.

I KNOW WHERE YA COMMING FROM . MY FRIEND HAD A BYPASS 2 WEEKS BEFORE MY SLEEVE

AND SHE HAS LOST LOADS AND LOADS , BUT I NEVER WANTED A BY PASS.

BUT MY WEIGHT SEEMS TO HAVE STOPPED DROPPING AND I AM ONLY 6 WEEKS IN,,,,,,,,

Breakfast. READYBREK 1 TABLESPOON

lunch. 2 CRACKER BREADS WITH LOW FAT cheese SPREAD AND 2 SLICES WAFER THIN HAM

TEA. 200MLS HOME MADE VEG Soup ,,,, NO CREAM

snack. sugar free JELLY

ABOUT 400 CALORIES ,,,,,,,

BUT NOT LOSING :0((((((

Help me please

I AM GOING ON HOILDAY IN JUNE

I AM 239 pounds

Xxxxxx

Maybe try upping the calories to 600 or 700 (bodies don't do well on such low calories, go into starvation mode and slow the metabolism right down) and mostly dense Proteins like tuna, salmon, eggs, cheese, yogurts, chicken, etc. . . try that and increase on the Water. . . don't see where you mentioned you drink at least 8 cups of water. . . good luck!

I've been tracking this ever since my "breakdown" in December. It seems that I go up 3-6 pounds the week AFTER my period, but by the end of the month I am back down again. I'm not doing anything differently as far as eating, exercising, etc. So, I'm just coming to terms with it & know the scale is going to be up.

It's frustrating and hard to watch THAT number, but at least I know it will go back down. I still weigh every day & track my weight religiously. If I ever see it not going back down, I will jump on it quickly.