Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have you ever?

im looking for anyone who has had a band to sleeve revision with Dr. Ramos Kelly in Tijuana, Mexico. please share your experience with me! i originally had my band done in Tijuana 4 years ago but it was not with Dr. Kelly. Im not scared of going to Mexico, or even scared of traveling alone but i have a fear of dying from complications. i know, i know probably just me being paranoid, but its a real concern. i have a 5 year old daughter that i want to watch grow up :)

please....any info is appreciated. thank you, shaundra

testing....trying to add a ticker

shaundra,,

I can't help you with that DR,,, But I can say its very normal to be freaked out! Its major surgery. Just do your research, and don't choose a Doc based on price, but I'm sure you know that already! I was so afraid of complications, and not making it thru surgery! There are many fabulous Docs out there, just keep researching, and hopefully someone here has some words of wisdom about the doc you are considering.

Good luck!

It is major surgery. Definitely find out for sure how many sleeve revisions he's done. With revisions, your risk for a leak quadruples, and if he doesn't have a lot of revision experience, that can increase your risks, along with any band complications you've had such as slippages, erosion, scar tissue etc etc.

I would go post on the Mexico forum on OH and on the VSG forum over there since there's been some posts about him and the facility lately over there.

I have zero personal experience with him, or the hospital, but would encourage you to definitely seek out his revision patients because revisions are extremely tricky, and can be very risky. I was a revision with a leak, I was my surgeon's first and only leak, so even surgeon's stats can't be a guarantee, I did have a lot of band complications, and the band destroyed my stomach tissue to the point of no repair so I was prepared for complications, but let me say, leaks suck and take a lot of emotional and physical recovery time. I did my homework, my surgeon had done revisions, had plenty of experience, unfortunately, he couldn't salvage my stomach tissue, and I had a leak. I lived, but the recovery was extensive, and if you're self-paying, make sure you are well prepared to closely monitored once you get home, and if he offers complication insurance, GET IT.