Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obviously that's to MAINTAIN the weight you have, and less1000 calories to lose weight in a normal situation, not after the operation(not a normal diet situation) :(

Okay so maybe on Thanksgiving I ate too much. I ate very small servings of food three times. I'm talking no more than a cup full at each meal plus I had an egg that morning. Shoot I didn't even have dessert. I dont' see how I could have gotten in more than say 1000 calories but yet I'm up 3lbs from TDay morning. :( I had hoped it would be back down today but no luck. I've also woken up with the worst heartburn yesterday and today for the first time ever.

Whats done is done, and I hope you enjoyed it! Im sure its the salt thats doing most of the damage.

Just for info, I would calculate the calories and nutrition in fitday or other program... sorry to say 3 cups of mac'n'cheese, stuffing and sweet potatoe is prob more than 1000 calories. If you only do this 4-5 times a year at major food parties, you are going to be fine. Just get back on track, drink lots of Water, eat your Protein and veggies, and your body will do what it needs to do, lose weight! Stalls SUCK.

Whats done is done, and I hope you enjoyed it! Im sure its the salt thats doing most of the damage.

Just for info, I would calculate the calories and nutrition in fitday or other program... sorry to say 3 cups of mac'n'cheese, stuffing and sweet potatoe is prob more than 1000 calories. If you only do this 4-5 times a year at major food parties, you are going to be fine. Just get back on track, drink lots of Water, eat your Protein and veggies, and your body will do what it needs to do, lose weight! Stalls SUCK.

Finally, a week after TDAY or Toomuch Day to be known from here out, I'm down almost 2 lbs. I'd say a good 2 cups of what I ate on tday was turkey and ham the last 1 cup was probably the mac n cheese/stuffing/sweet potatoes which is why I was kinda freaked about the weight gain and it probably was so much salt cause I know stuffing and mac n cheese not to mention ham have plenty.

@Globetrotter That is my single greatest worry right there. That I willl drop my calories down to 600-800 and my body will ajust to that amount. Then if I go back to say a 2000 calorie diet a couple years from now I'll gain tons of weight. I'm trying to shake mine up a bit. One day have 600-800 and then one day have 1200 so hopefully my body doesn't get too used to having so little. I'm not sure what to tell you there but I feel the same way as you.

I had mostly turkey a teaspoon of stuffing, mac n cheese, green Beans, and sweetpotato. I don't want to get down really low in calories I don't think it's good for long term WLS and I'm nursing a little one. I should be losing plenty at 1000 cals a day. I even had heartburn thsi morning after eating everything right yesterday : / Just don't know.

DJackson, I wouldn't worry all that much. I was up a half pound the few days after Thanksgiving. It definitely was the Water retention from the Carbs in your side dishes and the Sodium from the Turkey.

It's only one day, the main thing is to get back on track now.

I agree that super low calories is not the way to go, at least not for myself. I'm eating around 1,000 to 1,200 calories per day - and I won't change that. I've lost 3 Lbs in the last 2 days, so I'm doing absolutely ok.

My main problem right now is getting my workouts in, which so far this week I've been great. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think you'll be fine. Wait a week to hit the scale again, and in that time workout and eat right - and drink A LOT of Water. You're scale will be nicer next time.

Hugs!!!

You are right diva, the main thing is to get back on track. That was always my problem before. One slip up and I would be back downhill with a fury. I'm trying to only weight myself once a day but even that's hard. ONCE A WEEK /faint couldnt' do it ;) I'm leaving for Asheville today so lots of eating out which I do a lot these days anyway but Water water water is my chant for this weekend. Thanks for all the support gals! <3

I am curious about sleevers who can eat 1000 cals a day. I can't seem to get past 700 and my day usually ends up at 600-700. I am hoping that will change a bit now that I'm 6 weeks out and moving to a diet of 75% Protein and 25% complex carbs.

I haven't given the calories much thought because I always hit my Protein target and usually am between 70-80 grams of protein a day. My surgeon is quite the stickler on 6 weeks+ out you should be getting all your protein from food and NOT from shakes. I can do it without shakes but usually end up about 60 grams per day without a shake.

I guess maybe I should eat more often and add another meal or two to my day?

I eat 5x a day if I can 6. Yesterday I had a pretty good day.

1 egg 1/2 ww toast

2oz chashews

1/2 cup roastbeef

3 baked chicken wings

cottage cheese (1/2 a cup about)

Cashews

It seems I have a day of doing well on my protien and then another day where I don't but I get in veggies. You really can't do everything though.

Your menu sounds exactly like mine DJ! LOL :-) I do add in some Protein shake though. I have a half one while taking my morning Vitamins, which is around 6am. Then I have Breakfast at 8am. Its usually either one packet of hi Fiber oatmeal or 2 scrambled eggs and one piece of sausage (usually 1x per week). Then at 11am its the hi Fiber oatmeal if I had the eggs for Breakfast, or I'll have about 2-3 oz of lean meat and a cheese stick, or something similar. Then at 2 pm I'll have my lo carb hi Protein Drink (110 cals), then dinner at home is usually 2-3 oz of lean meat and a serving of veggies. snack is about 7pm and its a handful of nuts or 1-2 oz of Jerky.

I've added these up before and its around 1000-1200 cals per day, depending on which order I eat this stuff.

I had mostly turkey a teaspoon of stuffing, mac n cheese, green Beans, and sweetpotato. I don't want to get down really low in calories I don't think it's good for long term WLS and I'm nursing a little one. I should be losing plenty at 1000 cals a day. I even had heartburn thsi morning after eating everything right yesterday : / Just don't know.

You know what? Thanksgiving comes but once a year, for the rest of the year you will watch and exercise. I think you did ok. . .we are human not superhuman, if we were perfect we'd walk on Water. . .i blew my "diet" and I gained weight! Good for me. . .I had fun and enjoyed my company at the same time. . I'm not going to depress myself because of a couple of pounds. . Gosh before all this business I was a big fat oinker who could eat the whole darn turkey by myself. . .and gain at least 25 lbs at the same time. . . I'm a happy camper now and am enjoying life and all that comes with it! cheers and enjoy the holidays !!!!

I am curious about sleevers who can eat 1000 cals a day. I can't seem to get past 700 and my day usually ends up at 600-700. I am hoping that will change a bit now that I'm 6 weeks out and moving to a diet of 75% Protein and 25% complex carbs.

I haven't given the calories much thought because I always hit my Protein target and usually am between 70-80 grams of protein a day. My surgeon is quite the stickler on 6 weeks+ out you should be getting all your protein from food and NOT from shakes. I can do it without shakes but usually end up about 60 grams per day without a shake.

I guess maybe I should eat more often and add another meal or two to my day?

I'm 4 months out and can easily have 1000-1200 cal/day. My nut is fine with this and I am losing weight , even though I slowed down. My carbs are high compared to people on this forum, but i try to have days where I eat lower calories/carbs higher Proteins, which shakes up my system a bit to continue losing at least a bit of weight. I think you have to do what works for you if your surgeon/nutritionist agree. You seem to be losing weight fine, but in time you'll be able to up your calories

Wow, that's convoluted, lol! If I did it correctly, then I should be eating ... 1800 calories a day! That's physically impossible, unless I'm sucking down high calorie Protein shakes all day long. Does any sleever anywhere take in that much?? Tiffykins, where are you, I need your input!

If that was the case, wouldn't my surgeon have told me this, instead of 600? If there are any sleevers out there who lost at least 12 lbs a month during the first 6 months, please contact me!

Has your surgeon ever been overweight? Did you read the other posts. Most of them said to eat 1000 calories or more. Going down in calories will just put you in a worse starvation mode. Some people can lose a lot of weight on very low calories but the majority of people on just this thread have better success with eating more. At least more Protein and fat. Fat is important too, very important. Maybe you aren't eating enough fat! Just showing that I care!

Sharon

I find that at this stage 900-1000 cal does it for me, prob in a few months time (4 months out now) I will go to around 1200-1400