Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help...The scale isn't moving...I'm very dissapointed

Hello everyone

I'm really very disappointed coz the scale isn't moving for 3 weeks now

I don't know what shall I do.....Is there something wrong with my surgery?

Why am I not losing weight anymore?I don't exercise and I eat more than before. I don't have time to exercise coz of my work..I come home exhausted....My surgeon adviced to quit eating sweets and to try to exercise,but I'm not sure if I'd find time to do that...I need your advice :)

I've lost 33 pounds in 11 weeks,but I really worry if this is going to be my final result.

Edited by Sarah Elsekhawy

Hello everyone

I'm really very disappointed coz the scale isn't moving for 3 weeks now

I don't know what shall I do.....Is there something wrong with my surgery?

Why am I not losing weight anymore?I don't exercise and I eat more than before. I don't have time to exercise coz of my work..I come home exhausted....My surgeon adviced to quit eating sweets and to try to exercise,but I'm not sure if I'd find time to do that...I need your advice :wink0:

I've lost 33 pounds in 11 weeks,but I really worry if this is going to be my final result.

Sarah, so sorry to hear that you've hit a stall. Are you writing down everything you eat. I'm finding that I can get a lot of calories in my little stomach. Everyday, I write down my calories, Protein, and fluids. It makes a big difference. Also, it seems like you lost an awful lot of weight in a short amount of time. Maybe you're just catching up. It's been eight weeks for me, and I've only lost 29 pounds in comparison to your 33 pounds in 11 weeks. I don't think this is your final result.

Hi Sarah!

I think all of us with GPS have slowed down after week 6 or so... But, you really need to use and see this surgery as a tool as a springboard to healthy eating. At first, I thought a bit like you - I spent all this money to be able for the surgery to work on its own!!! But that is not the case sweetie... You must be mindful about what you are eating. Try this - eat healthy Protein and veggies (and no sugary liquids) all week long while at work, and then let loose (within moderation) on the weekends. It will help you get through the week knowing that you will enjoy the foods you really love on the weekend. Also try at least a brisk walk a few times a week. I am afraid to say that without mindful eating and some exercise, we will never achieve our desired results. Hang in there honey!

When the weight loss slowed down - I thought to myself, why didn't I try bypass or the traditional sleeve? But we all did some research and I pretty much knew going into it that this surgery requires a lot more healthy choices... Believe me, I am like you - it is a battle with work, college, and being a mom... But I have to keep focused. And 33lbs is a lot in 11 weeks!

Take care!

Mari

Last week I lost zip, nothing, nada....but then I haven't stalled like alot of others before this. I've lost 38lbs in 11 weeks...that is huge, our bodies have to get used to losing, and they will hold on to fat for dear life!

This week I'm going to keep doing what I am doing, logging my food, counting calories, Protein first, etc. I'm sure the scale will move again.....just have to be mindful......

Thank you Joani

I'm going to start counting my calories..

Mw9955

You r so sweet ,thanks ..this was quit encouraging ..I'm happy that I'm not the only one who is thinking in the same way

Ck

This is very helpful... you do comfort me &I'll try not to lose hope

Ya you are right..It needs mindfull eating to achieve the desired goal

Congratulations everyone ....keep it up

Sarah,

try a website to log your food or your phone. I really like MyPlate - food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM but I know others that really like using All Things Food and Diet - FatSecret

I track what I eat. I also find that on weeks when I work out really hard, and don't eat a little more, I lose less than not....I'm trying to find a trend somewhere.....I am a numbers geek....

My downfall is that my hubby is also dieting (he's down 34lbs in the same amount of time)....Men! they lose weight so much faster....

we'll get there....with bypass and traditional sleeve there are also stalls and slower weeks.....so it's all so individual, that it probably isn't good to compare yourself to others, but I know at least for me, it's hard not to.....

On the negative side and in terms of calorie intake, I discovered that vodka and crystal light make a really good drink....I'm not a huge drinker, but on social weekends it is hard to not have 1 or 2.....so, oh! well...I guess it's better than a sugar filled margarita....but still!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

As most of you know I'm hoping to have surgery in November.

Those of you that have had surgery before me, I really appreciate

any input and all these little hurdles that you are all going thru.

I am banded and I noticed when I was in my weight loss phase I tended

to lose weight in spurts. I was a verrrry slow loser with the band but

even though I only lost on average 2-5 lbs. per month, I ended up

losing 110 lbs over about 3 years. Can't wait to get my band out and

have my Plication!!

Thanks for sharing.

genepha

Yep, you read right. I wanted to pass on what's really helped me on my Pre-Op and will probably continue to help.

My phone is able to scan calories/protien/fat in (via barcode on most items) and add to my Calorie Counter App or program - so I have a REALLY EASY food DIARY. Now there is a no brainer way of calculating your Calories, Protien, Carbs, Sugar, etc. You can also add your own food/drinks etc. It even worked to scan my Gummy Vites and Water!

My regular cell phone died, so I took the opporunity to get one that runs Droid or Google based applications, but I am sure that it will work with Iphone/Ipods and there are plently of other good Calorie counting & barcode scanning programs out there. I think these programs were both free or less than $2. The Calorie Counter syncs with FatSecret.com so I have a backup of my food Diary. Pretty cool way to utilize techology to loose weight!

Ok, so maybe I just prefer to consume items WITH scannable barcodes.. (it will probably even work on fruit/veggies too!) I just found it has REALLY helped me budget my calories better! Hopefully it will help you too!

It is amazing how it all adds up.. but this is the quickest, easiest way I've seen to keep track. Great suggestions everyone! Keep up the good work!

Yep, you read right. I wanted to pass on what's really helped me on my Pre-Op and will probably continue to help.

My phone is able to scan calories/protien/fat in (via barcode on most items) and add to my Calorie Counter App or program - so I have a REALLY EASY food DIARY. Now there is a no brainer way of calculating your Calories, Protien, Carbs, Sugar, etc. You can also add your own food/drinks etc. It even worked to scan my Gummy Vites and Water!

My regular cell phone died, so I took the opporunity to get one that runs Droid or Google based applications, but I am sure that it will work with Iphone/Ipods and there are plently of other good Calorie counting & barcode scanning programs out there. I think these programs were both free or less than $2. The Calorie Counter syncs with FatSecret.com so I have a backup of my food Diary. Pretty cool way to utilize techology to loose weight!

Ok, so maybe I just prefer to consume items WITH scannable barcodes.. (it will probably even work on fruit/veggies too!) I just found it has REALLY helped me budget my calories better! Hopefully it will help you too!

It is amazing how it all adds up.. but this is the quickest, easiest way I've seen to keep track. Great suggestions everyone! Keep up the good work!

Amy what app are you using to scan barcodes....I would really love to have that as an added benefit!

Amy what app are you using to scan barcodes....I would really love to have that as an added benefit!

Hi CKnorte, it is just a droid app called Barcode Scanner that works with the calorie counter propgram on my Samsung Galaxy, called "Fascation" through Verizion. Tmobile and other companies have the same phone, but it seems like each one runs different programs. My phone allows me to dictate words to search, works for calorie counter to. "Swipe" is a super cool FAST way to type. Hope that helps!