Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is WRONG WITH ME???

Its's just so weird to literally hate something I really loved and enjoyed so much...FOOD! I would be perfectly fine if I didn't have to eat at all, but that's not a reality.

I hope I don't have many more of these "set backs" they are UGLY! It makes me feel so bad.

Thanks again sleeve family :)

When I was on mushies I found that if I amped up the spice in my foods it helped make it a little more appetizing and I was able to eat more. My favorite thing was refried black Beans with a spicy cheese melted on top. And if I wanted extra salt on things, then I put it on there and didn't worry about sodium. Your taste buds can change after this surgery so don't get discouraged.

At the beginning of summer I started eating fresh grapes again (couldn't get them down with my band), and I became absolutely obsessed with them! They tasted SO GOOD - like I was eating the sweetest, freshest food on earth. I had to have some EVERY day. Then I moved on to cantalope. It tasted amazing! My hubby would be eating his after-dinner ice cream and I'd be there next to him with my tiny bowl of fruit oohing and ahhing about how wonderful it was.

All this to say that the "food blahs" that you have now WILL pass - it might just take a few months for your body to adjust.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one going through this. I tell my mom I think instead of removing part of my stomach, they put a baby in there, because I feel just like I did when I was pregnant. Something sounds good, I take 2 bite, and in the garbage it goes. I'm the same way with liquids, I have tried ever type of crystal light they make, and if I take a sip of anything I get the sick feeling. I'm afraid I'm going to get dehydrated, if I don't start drinking soon, but how can I when I feel sick after I drink. Eating used to be a pleasure, and now it is a chore. I dread eating, and unfortunately that is all I seem to be able to think about, trying to come up with something, that I think I may be actually able to eat, but nothing. I hope it passes soon, I don't know if I will survive if last much longer. I keep thinking I should be losing alot of more then I am because I'm hardly eating anything, and it is not that I don't want to I try, I everything is just YUCK!!!! My daughter had pizza today, and if I was not so scared I would of tried it to see what it tasted like to me. But I'm to chicken.< /p>

I had a very hard time with food the first 1 to 2 months post op. Nothing sounded good and I didn't want anything but I wanted to eat good stuff. It's a very confusing time for your body. All I can advise is to ride the roller coaster ride that you on right now and when it does come time for food remind yourself that you are not going to be able to eat that much. Enjoy the taste of the food instead of how much. Also remember you are still healing and eating solids wont feel the same right away.

I went through that too. I'll be at the 4 month mark in 2 days and I think things started tasting good again about a month ago. I literally had to make myself eat and drink. I just had no desire, plus nothing tasted good. Part is due to the surgery and losing your appetite and part is due to anesthesia and other drugs you've been on. It's normal for people after any surgery to complain that their taste buds changed for a few months.

On days like you just had, I know it's really tough to focus on anything else. But, sweetie, it will get better. Take it from someone who was recently in your shoes. Hang in there.

I felt the same exact way last week, and I see that I'm only a week behind you -- I was so sad -- I actually cried at dinner one time because I missed being able to enjoy food -- I still have no desire really to eat -- but I too was really sad for about a week, mourning the food, mourning my relationship to it, etc. I wish I could say that I am happier, but I'm not *happier*, but just satisfied. And I'm sure that I'll go through it again. I'm looking forward to not having to think about food at all!

I felt the same exact way last week, and I see that I'm only a week behind you -- I was so sad -- I actually cried at dinner one time because I missed being able to enjoy food -- I still have no desire really to eat -- but I too was really sad for about a week, mourning the food, mourning my relationship to it, etc. I wish I could say that I am happier, but I'm not *happier*, but just satisfied. And I'm sure that I'll go through it again. I'm looking forward to not having to think about food at all!

I completely understand all of you, it happened to me too. Even though I wasn't hungry, I still wanted the comfort of my best friend, food! Even untill recently weekends especially were really hard for me, when as a family we all watch tv together and have nibbles and my husband and I enjoy a glass of wine or two! I felt quite depressed but now I'm getting used to it. The little victories, my clothes getting too big, having more energy, my knee stopped hurting and the best thing of all, today my 12 yr old daughter and I bought the same outfit, just a sweatshirt and jogging bottoms, she's using hers for a trip to the lakes on monday and I'm using mine for the gym! I thought that she would be embarrased but she actually insisted that we bought the exact same outfit, colour, brand everthing, identical! I haven't felt this good in a long long time!!

I made this awesome broccoli potato Soup today.. just pureed it and everything. Dished myself a 1/4 cup in a small dish. One sip.. kinda done with it. I agree. Do NOT feel like eating at all! Feel Like I should go back to Clear liquids, I felt better! lol... Stomach just feels WEIRD! icky. how do we get our nutrition in if we're like this?

you're only a couple weeks out. It will get better. Really it will!

gg:thumbup1:

. The little victories, my clothes getting too big, having more energy, my knee stopped hurting and the best thing of all, today my 12 yr old daughter and I bought the same outfit, just a sweatshirt and jogging bottoms, she's using hers for a trip to the lakes on monday and I'm using mine for the gym! I thought that she would be embarrased but she actually insisted that we bought the exact same outfit, colour, brand everthing, identical! I haven't felt this good in a long long time!

Chilo...

that is amazing, I bet you do feel great, as I know I would too... my daughter is 12 too but not sure she would go for this idea (yet)...lol

I love NSV like these!!

Thanks Coops, I'll try to post a photo soon. I never ever thought my daughter would even suggest this she is WAY to cool, you wait and see, it might happen to you, what a coincidence we both have 12 yr old girls! BTW, I haven't started Zumba yet, but on friday I started a step class, I couldn't believe I plucked up the courage to do it, I was rubbish at it but it#'s a great workout and I know I'll get the hang of it soon. My legs are killing me though!

I'm soooooo thankful for all of you :scared0:...no one truly understands until you've actually had a sleeve done. SERIOUSLY!!!

You are so not alone. I went into surgery three months ago excited and optimistic. Believing this was the best decision for my health and vitality. Two weeks post op I was a mess and regretting surgery! Depressed, crying all the time, feeling nervous and anxious, wanting to eat, but nervous to do so. I hated all the new sensations in my esophogus and stomach. I couldn't believe my mushy portions nor that these could be enough for me. I worried about everything, literally! I went through my mushy stage, afraid of the transition to real food. I became so anxious over it that I challenged myself to start eating solids a week earlier. I was driving myself crazy that I just had to do it to find out if things would go wrong or not. Thank God all went well. I've been on "normal" food since then, without the slightest problem, literally. No nausea, no vomit, no diarreah, no stuck sensation, NOTHING!

However, I'm still dealing with food issues such as emotional eating. I'm going to join OA. It's kind of ironinc that I did the surgery first and then OA, but oh well...

Hang in there girl. Things will get better. I dealt with serious, completely unexpected depression and anxiety post surgery and was even put on meds. Why? Many reasons: hormones, change, adaptation, no access to my drug. Glad to say, ALL is great now. I feel strong, healthy, optimistic and just plain normal. Make sure you relax and are patient with yourself. Please. Be mindful of your emotions and also of your progress. Find time every single day to nourish yourself. Read, pray, meditate, walk, etc. etc. God bless you!

I am with you ... I had a moment where I wanted to cry because I could not order a pizza. Then I smacked myself hahah... not literally but, I told myself WTF!! The whole reason for me to do this was to get my your know what in order! Sooo... screw you pizza. haha. I am in the mushies stage and I miss other types of food too... what has helped is getting several sauces. So I can have a little Thai peanut sauce with my blended-shredded pork. That gives me a little kick and I eat a lot of veggies. made green Beans lastnight with garlic and a little butter and they were amazing. :)