Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lizard in the house

okay, there is a freakin lizard in our house...a flat geko i think...how the hell it got up on the the 4th floor of our building and then climbed into our apartment I don't know but it scuttled in a week ago, and the cats chased it behind the tv furniture. We hadn't seen it since then and tonight it turned up in our bedroom! eeecccccckkkkkkkk!! I tried to catch it in a tupperware bowl, but it run under the skin in the bathroom....now what???? How the heck do I get it out?? I just know its going to climb the wall over my bed and land on my face in the middle of the night.....

:phanvan :faint: :cool:

Man - time to get some new cats! My cats won't rest if there's some critter to be had - and they're both OLD! LOL

I wouldn't worry about it - that lizard doesn't want to be anywhere near you either! lol

my cats totally suck...i got them both when they were baby kittens (like 6 weeks old) and they were raised here inside the house, so it was the first time they had ever seen any thing like it. One cat completly ignored it, and the other pawed at it a bit and chased it under the sink and started at the sink and mewowed for awhile, but when it didn't come out she just left....stinkin cats, i feed them clean up their poop and pet and play with them...the least they could do is corner the thing so i could toss it outside. (I don't want them to kill it i think i would feel bad about that, but at least corner it some place so i could catch it.)

ok, geckos are COMPLETELY harmless. in fact my middle child was 8 months old when he was somehow able to get his hands on one in my livingroom. by the time i realized it, the dern thing did not have a single in tact bone in its little body. it was just MUSHY.

anyhoo, let the critter live in your house. it will eat any bugs that find their way into your dwelling. i would rather have 1 gecko that i see from time to time than have bugs that run from me when i turn on the lights.

by the way, our pest problem was ants. the gecko ate all of them. kept them at bay.

My cats love to chase them lizzards! One of my cats will eat them. I have a funny story about them...

I was living in Shiner, Texas AKA Shiner Bock, in a 1940's rent house. It was almost completely covered in vines and other shrubbery. Actually quit beautiful. I decided to get out my BBQ grill for the first time since moving. The only place there was an outside light was on the back driveway, so that is where I put my grill. I would have to walk half way around the outside of the house to get from the kitchen to the grill. I made about three trips when I noticed there was another outside door that would be closer. I had never opened this door so the door and the screen were locked from the inside. I went inside, quickly unlocked the door then quickly unlocked the screen door and started out the door. Just as I got the door open about 20 of those green lizzards fell right on my head. I am not afraid of lizzards, but when a herd of them suddenly fall on your head you scream and flap your arms trying to get them off of you. Probably the grossest thing was when the screen door slammed shut behind me it smushed another couple of dozen in the door frame. After I calmed down, I went around the house then into the house and locked those doors back with the lizzards still hanging in the screen door. I never opened that door again!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hehe..... I'm a baby crawly things make me squirm. This lizard though...I'm not sure if its a geko, but my husband said I shouldn't touch it, he said it has some kind of thing on his skin that poisonous to humans....

here is a pic of one, this is what its called in Portuguese "osga" but i dunno exactly what it is in english...

http://www.horta.uac.pt/intradop/noticias/osga.jpg

i was not aware that there were any "poisonous" species of geckos in north america. hmm, that one looks just like the ones we see here from time to time. i think it is safe.

Living in Florida we have a lot of them. I LOVE GECKO'S. but, not in my house!

When the kids were young we lived in Hawaii. The kids "I thought" were napping. When I went in to get them .... found SMOOSHED Gecko all over the wall! The poor thing didn't have a chance against my boys! LOL

I'm not in North America I'm in Portugal, but I never heard of poisonous ones either so I'm not to sure. I haven't seen it since last night, I hope I can catch it out in the open in a bowl or something before the cats get it though, I 'd feel bad if they killed it.

lol, I feel bad for the poor thing. I'm sure he isn't catching any bugs under the bathroom sink. I just hope he doesn't die under there...that will be a stinky mess to clean up!

I love them, send it to me!:) :) :) We have lots of them, they are so good for eating bugs etc. Usually they are more scared of you than you are of them. :biggrin1: I love to watch them, they are really neat!

I had one living in my house once.....I was so not happy and petrified would be a good word....anyway....he landed in the bathroom and I drew a line in the floor w/ my finger and prayed that he wouldn't cross the line (2nd bathroom I didn't need).....he died w/ his nose on the line!! But I figured he was faking me out.....so couldn't pick him up even w/ a broom and dustpan afraid he was going to jump when I touched him....he was mostly just skeleton by the time someone came along to pick him up!!!! No smell....so don't worry about that!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -49lbs :)