Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 hours post op - photos

Hi All,

I thought some people might appreciate seeing photos of how you are rigged up once back on the ward.

I know that I wondered how many dressings and tubes I would have, so here you go. This is me feeling pretty darned good for the morning after.

Pics are: Me and my morphine button!

Drips in left arm

Tummy dressings

Sexy inflatable boots giving me a massage

Amount of Water I'm allowed per hour

Hope this helps someone! :)

xxxx

post-3180-13813655900361_thumb.jpg

post-3180-13813655900578_thumb.jpg

post-3180-13813655900804_thumb.jpg

post-3180-13813655900981_thumb.jpg

post-3180-13813655901205_thumb.jpg

Ah the joys of surgery. You look amazing though! I hope I look that great the next day!

Congrats to you, you're a SLEEVER now! :-D

Thanks all for your support.

Got a bit of a temperature now and my tummy is pretty sore. But hopefully I'll feel better soon.

xxx

I appreciate the pics of what I can expect in 10 days! The way my surgeon talks I feel like I am going to be hooked up like Frankensteins Monster! :scared0: Hopefully my imagination is just getting the best of me. I can deal with the amount of tubing you had/have!

Good luck on your recovery and enjoy your sleeve!:thumbup:

Thank you so much for posting these! Is is a HUGE help to see what I hope to be in for!

Congratulations and you look great!

Are the boots required for everybody, or only people over a certain weight?

Are the boots required for everybody, or only people over a certain weight?

I didn't have the boots, just regular bandages.

I had the boots and loved them, it feels like your constantly having a leg massage!

Me too! But after day 3 I wanted them OFF LOL! I'm so happy you're doing so well :) yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!!! Such lovely messages of support :)

Just been allowed half a cup of tea. Sip, sip, sip!!! xxxx

Damn that morphine must be keeping you pretty damn comfy either that or your just having an easier time then I did. I was anti social and just wanted to get the hell home :) hehe. Glad your doing so well.

Hey everyone. :tongue_smilie: Just a short update.

Finally back in Guernsey, and staying at my Mum's for a few days so I am not in the flat on my own whilst my boyfriend is at work.

I also miss my cat like crazy but couldn't deal with the thought of her under my feet trying to trip me up every time I walk around!

Struggling a little with Water, but warm drinks such as tea and hot sugar free ribena seem to be going down nicely. I am managing to eat more than I expected, about a small yoghurt pot portion of puree or baby food in one sitting. I am not hungry, but just trying to fit as much in as possible to keep my strength up.

The flight really took a lot out of me, although it is only 30 minutes all the check in and waiting in departures rubbish wore me out. My poor clumsy mother managed to bash me in the tummy with her handbag a couple of times too. LOL. Luckily it didn't hurt, but it was like a comedy sketch.

The flight itself was pretty bumpy, and the landing was horrible! Everyone gasped cos we hit the runway pretty hard. I had to sit for a minute and have a little breather and a burp before I got off, the jolt must have moved things around a bit!

So now I'm tucked up in bed with a cuppa, about to get up and have another little walk (anaesthetist recommended every 20-30 minutes)

Feeling pretty good. Hope you all are too! xxx