Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys I really need your help - I am in despirate need

Hi guys... I have been doing really good the last 3 months but I have really had a hard time lately. My energy is down and my labs look ok (not great but ok). I am getting my Protein in, I could do a little better on Water but I am getting the min. I haven't been exercising as much as I was before which is showing in how much I am NOT losing right now. I am still losing but not at the rate I was. I think I am losing maybe 1 to 1.5 pounds a week for the last 3 weeks. The most upsetting thing for me is that I don't have the endurance or energy I did. Can anyone help and give some advise?:)

What did your doc say about your labs?

I can tell you what I did when my energy bottomed out just recently. I carb loaded for a couple days, ate an entire bag of spinach (for all the Iron and vitamins), and really focused on nutrient/vitamen dense foods, and I ate Protein, but it wasn't my focus. My body needed something different. 3 days of this, and I felt refreshed, and ready to go.

I'm not saying that will help any for your situation since I didn't get my labs pulled. I just knew something wasn't "right". I had been slacking on my multi, and just kind of going and blowing. My body let me know real quick that it wasn't going to "run" right if I didn't treat it right.

Do you have a nut you can work with on getting in some good, solid calories and Proteins to not only get the scale moving, but to give you back your energy?

Hey Tiff thank you for the reply. The doc said that all my labs were in normal range encluding my thyroid hormone levels which I suffer from dramatically. I take two pills a day which is rare. Other then that he has really said to push myself into the gym. I do have a nut. and when I asked her she said that everything seems right with what I am eating. The loading up on carbs and spinach sounds like a really good idea. I have not had hardly any carbs unless it was in cottage cheese which wasn't much. most of my meals are soly focused on Protein with a lil bit or two of veggies. Any advise is so well appreciated. I am willing to try anything at this point.

I just felt like my body needed something. I was in maintenance when I did this, but you never know what might shake things up for your system.

I always tell people the same thing: Increase your calories for a few days by 100 calories a day, push the fluids (drink that sugar free gatorade if you're burnt out on water/crystal light), hell I drank regular gatorade because I felt like my body just needed more.

You may just need to get in more calories, and change up your menu. Throw a snack in that's still Protein, but get some extra calories, and see what happens to the scale. If your thyroid is lacking, it'll be more difficult for you lose, but 1.5lbs a week is still losing. You may just have to shake things up for a few days.

Hang in there, it'll get better chickee ! ! !

Thanks Tiff - I will take the words of wisdom. I am actually drinking the low calorie gatoraide right now which I normally only do when I am in the gym and weight training but I thought... what the heck.. Tomorrow I am going to focus on hydrating really well and eating some carbs. Then by tuesday I should be able to see how I feel and if I can push for walking in the morning and going to the gym after work.

I would do what Tiff says, good carbs of slow releasing energy (like oatmeal, wholegrain cereals, a bit of peanut butter) works a treat when you feel low on energy, especially if your gonna up on your excercise(remeber that carbs give our body and our brains the fuel they need), good luck to you!

I don't know if you are using Protein shakes or not, but this is what my dr said and I have read it on the internet too. It's best to drink Protein drinks right after exercising and just before you go to bed. Although we always hear not to take in calories late at night, our bodies repair/build muscle when we are sleeping. So if you give your body Protein at the right times it can help your energy level. It also helps you to lose fat and not muscle.

If you don't use shakes, try eating a little cottage cheese or something like that. Just remember to save yourself the calories for doing this later in the day.

This helped me personally when I was having energy issues. Good luck. Hope this helps.