Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Second Fill today ....

I had 1cc put in 3 weeks ago, and no restriction.

I had a talk with my doctor two weeks ago, and he told me to come in last week for a fill.

I decided to keep my appt. and go in today.

I am exercising. (see additional thread as I have a question about it)

I am dieting. Eating at least 1000 calories a day.

30% carbs, 40% Protein and LESS then 30% fat. (nutrionist wants my Calories UP my Carbs UP and my fat DOWN - so I shoot for that goal every day, which is a choar in it'self)

I saw the doctor on May 18th. and today is June 8th - three weeks ago.

May 18th - 227

June 8th - 220

I have worked my butt of. I work harder at this everyday then I do anything else. It is a focus and a driving factor of my life.

I do not have a problem working this. I have a problem with how freaking consuming it is.

AND - I have done this before. This is the pattern of Yo Yo dieting.

I am NOT interested in fighting for this like this for much longer. I see burn out and most definetly when I hit a platue.

Keeping in mind I do not have restriction - and worry that when I get decent restriction, I will not be able to eat what I eat now to make the numbers my nutrisionist wants to see me get.

Now I have only been shooting for the numbers she wants since Saturday - June 3rd.

The entire month of May was a loss as far as my weight loss goals are concerned as a I spent the month yo-yo'ing on the scale and fighting to loose, maintain, then loose the 3 to 4 pounds I managed to find back on my behind.

Is anyone else fighting for their weight loss like this?

This is nutz.

Then I spoke with a another patient of my doctors - she said when she was discussing the band vrs RNY with him, he said that more then the majority of his patients he bands come back requesting it be removed and he complete the RNY on them. So she is having RNY.

When I spoke with him and made my decision, I wanted the RNY - he pushed me towards the band.

I know it was ultimately my decision, but with his advise and information, not to mention his pressure, I went with the band. Now I have regretted it for a very long time.

The band is great. Once someone gets restriction.

The band is also for someone who over eats. (my husband - who can eat a huge pile of food on his plate, go back for seconds, then clean my plate and the kids plates) He also has a great metabolism and works in a high active position at his job. His weight gain is slow and he is just now in need of doing something about it. The band will do wonders for him.

I was a small eater before. I am one now. My metabolism is shot due to this crash I caused.

I would like other's opinion, and most importantly, is anyone else having to work this hard as well?

Today I will discuss starting the procedure for RNY. I do not think I can take a year or so of this, and then with Ins, have to fight for the surgery like I did the past two years.

You've only been banded for less than 2 months so why not wait until you get restriction and see how that effects your weight loss before making the decision to jump into another surgery?

I too am fighting for every pound lost and I was only banded 18 days before you. I got one fill (first) 2 weeks ago and it didn't do a thing. The second is not scheduled for 4 more weeks so I'm basically dieting as if I never got the band.

Am I discouraged sometimes? Am I upset that it's been so long and I have no restriction? Do I wish I were losing more? YES, YES, YES. However, I went into this surgery knowing that it was not a quick fix so I'm working the plan and early awaiting that feeling of restriction.

Hang in there. Better days are coming.

I can understand your frustration, but without restriction there's nothing to do but diet to lose weight, or not diet and wait for the restriction.

I think you need to at *least* wait until you have restriction. Or maybe get the process started but don't let up on getting restriction with the band. What are you eating now that you are worried wont go through?

It honestly took me about 2-3 weeks after my first fill to tell a difference and then I really could. My doctor was really pleased when I went last week with my loss and didn't really want to do another fill as I was averaging .75 lb. loss per week. I felt I needed a jump start though so we did one. But, anyway, give it another week or two and see if you notice a difference. I was skeptical when people told me it might take a while to kick in, but by golly it did! Hang in there and good luck!!:)

The fill went well. He has a hard time getting the needle in the port as he said my port was a little crooked.

I came home, and I know I know I know.. don't flame me. I ate two slices of deli turkey lunch meat.

I am feeling rather full, a little pain, and I generally do not fill good.

Guess I went from no restriction to too much.

He said I had just under 3cc's.

There is a tightness in the top of my stomach and I just don't feel good.

Now, the question is this: How do I get in all the calories with restriction to where I can eat without such discomfort?

I am not "pb'ing" and was able to drink and take gulps of Water in the doctor's office just fine.

You've lost 7 pounds in 22 days. That equals out to .31 pounds per day - MORE than a quarter of a pound per day. Thats more than two pounds per week - 2.17 pounds per week to be exact. At 2.17 pounds per week, in 6 months you'll have lost 52.08 pounds. In 12 months you'll have lost 104.16 pounds.

I'm confused. What's the problem? Am I missing something here?

My second fill was last week. I watched my calories religiously (between 1,000-1,200 per day) before my first fill. My doctor said that he didn't want me counting calories. He said that he would have me going out to dinner with my friends, not counting calories, but instead having regular food, yet just small amounts. Sooooo, I haven't counted calories since my first fill and I have lost quite steadily. I drink my Protein shakes for Breakfast (I just don't want real food in the morning) and the Protein really satisfies the hunger. I make certain I get my protein and Vitamins in daily. I haven't counted in a while, but I'm still losing. I'm just a little over 4 months out and I've lost 47 lbs. to date.

My doc recommended liquids 48 hours after I got my second fill last week. Well, on hour 49 I had real food. Golly Moses, did I start hurting. I didn't pb, it all went down. But an hour later, I thought I was dying. I called the doc back and he told me to continue liquids a few more days, then transition back to mushies (mashed taters, etc.). Kinda like I did right after surgery. So, I did and it's worked so far.

Sorry if I rambled. Maybe you understood:confused: what I was saying!:) Good luck with everything!!

2 pieces of deli turkey as a snack is no big deal. Deli meat has made many a meal for me, with a little cheese or on a salad.

If it hurts to eat, you are too tight. You should be able to eat decently comfortably, but get satisfied more quickly. You may be a little swollen from the fill, so I'd suggest giving it a little time to settle down, or do whatever it is going to do, but if it hurts to eat, something is wrong.

I have lost another pound!!!!! I think I MIGHT be on to somthing here!!!???

Iziksmom - I totally got what you were saying in your post.

I still watch my calories, carbs and fat. I think I am going to need too in order to feel like I am being honest and giving a 100% of myself to this.

I had a high Protein Breakfast square and was able to eat it (slowly and chewing!!) with little to no discomfort. I had a piece of lightly fried catfish for lunch 3/4th done I was done!!!! PAIN BURPING PAIN BURPING

I pushed it and had that one more bite - as I wanted to get in the Protein and calories that I feel this pressure to get in everyday.

I am going to be snacking all day long to get this done and done right!

I worked out today, burned 350+ calories. I did not work out last night as I came home and crashed after I posted and man did I need it!!!

My day starts at 4:15am and I don't crawl in bed until after 10:30 and thats on the early side!! So I was worn out and took the excuse from having seen the doctor and had a fill, as a great one and went to bed at 7pm.

Could I be on to something?! Do I have the restriction I need to get me thru the next 20 pounds???