Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Month post op and in unbearable pain

I work night shift at the hospital. I ate at 3 am, went to bed at 8 am, and then woke up in pain aroud 10 am. I don't know what is wrong! After getting up and down half a dozen times from 10 to 1 I finally took my pain meds that I have taken since post op week two and took a hot bath. I went to sleep at two and when I woke at 6 I again was in unbearable pain. I had a couple BM's but it feels like I still need to. Does anyone have advice? I am in do much pain right now (it is 830 pm and I don't get off work til 7 am).

Most guidelines suggest that you shouldn't be eating raw vegetable until 4 months post op--but even so, I would not just assume that your pain is caused by the carrots. My recommendation would be to talk with your surgeon's office ASAP or go to the ER.

I got worried after I ate them thinking it wasn't such a good idea but I didn't have any pain so I thought it was fine. I was at work at the hospital (went home early since I was on too much pain) they told me to take milk of magnesia and my pain meds. They said if it isn't better by morning I need to go to the dr.

The pain is in my stomach and in my lower back. It has gotten better since today. My pain on a scale of 1 to 10 was a 9 or even 10 but now it is a 6 or 7

Mellifrits: How are you feeling? Did you email your surgeon?

I hope all is well.

~Cheri

Call one of the on-call surgeons. He/she will probably tell you to go to the ER. We nurses are the worst. I'd tell your charge what's going on and go to the ER.

It has been almost 48 hours since I ate the carrots and some time today the pain went away. I am very lucky that I was able to work it though my body. I tried to get into a dr here in GA but no one could take me same day. I have no insurance so the ER was not a choice for me. My dr was very wonderful and as helpful as he could be but also told me to get checked out. I am going to see someone tomorrow just a day or two late.

Please learn from me WE CAN NOT EAT FRESH VEGS!! I don't think Ill even try them again in 5 months. I honestly think this whole event has made me not like carrots at all, not even soft ones.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches