Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, IM not sure what to call this discussion other then my own stupidity. Im about 12 days post op and was doing very well. Down 27 pounds since July 23. Yeah go me, here is the kicker...... my husband bless his pain in the rear soul, made my favorite food tonight. Those fall off the bone Pork Ribs.... well dummy me did it, yep I snitched about a T of meat, couldnt resist it was callin my name..... I chewed and chewed and chewed, then chewed some more just to be sure..... it was muush... or so it felt..... 10 min later was getting sick, not much came up, think it was stuck........ have been having some pressure like pains...... figures Karma is come back to bite me in the rear but good for lack of judgement here.....cant tolerate a sip of water........ has anyone else fallen off the wagon, or am I the lone dumba**......... what do I need to do if anything, I went walking, got the burps, that helped some, but still lots of pressure.....Ya know i was just craving the chewing experience. I think its what i miss the most..... well that and fall off the rib pork ribs..... he had to make them.

ANY words of wisdom would be greatly helpful.

Thanks,

Kaiti:crying:

Advice: make the husband eat outside LOL, and forbid him from entering the kitchen.

In all seriousness, it should pass, but it'll take time. You may want to stick to liquids tomorrow so your stomach can relax and recover.

Problem with eating foods too early, and things getting stuck is you don't want to do it often. Esophageal dilation sucks, and can be permanent. Also, being so early out, your staple line is still so sensitive. You don't want to induce vomit and stress it.

Think of your stomach, like a newborn babies stomach. You wouldn't feed a 12 day old baby pork ribs, right? Your tummy doesn't want that type of food right now either.

Hello, IM not sure what to call this discussion other then my own stupidity. Im about 12 days post op and was doing very well. Down 27 pounds since July 23. Yeah go me, here is the kicker...... my husband bless his pain in the rear soul, made my favorite food tonight. Those fall off the bone Pork Ribs.... well dummy me did it, yep I snitched about a T of meat, couldnt resist it was callin my name..... I chewed and chewed and chewed, then chewed some more just to be sure..... it was muush... or so it felt..... 10 min later was getting sick, not much came up, think it was stuck........ have been having some pressure like pains...... figures Karma is come back to bite me in the rear but good for lack of judgement here.....cant tolerate a sip of Water........ has anyone else fallen off the wagon, or am I the lone dumba**......... what do I need to do if anything, I went walking, got the burps, that helped some, but still lots of pressure.....Ya know i was just craving the chewing experience. I think its what i miss the most..... well that and fall off the rib pork ribs..... he had to make them.

ANY words of wisdom would be greatly helpful.

Thanks,

Kaiti:crying:

Hi there! your human, not a dumba**, i have fallen off the wagon 100 times (thank god i've not gained more then 1-2 lbs, comes off really fast) but you know what it's life, we are not perfect, we live by our mistakes, that is what makes us human. . . if we were perfect we wouldn't be here on this earth right? So don't worry it'll happen . . . as for the pain, well honey i'm sure you've learned NOT to do that again, and if not, well you'll experience the pain again. . . ugh it's painful. . . i do that A LOT. . . i like to eat, but with this sleeve i really can't eat much (thank goodness) sometimes my eyes are much bigger then my stomach (literally :lol0:) and i'll start to slime and have pain. . . i have 47 years of bad habits to undo, it'll get there in time. . i'm so much better now at 48 then i was 7 months ago and it's going to get better. . . it's been a learning experience just like it will be for you . . . good luck and don't be so hard on yourself. . . your doing well . . . :)