Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this. You have really touched me. I am at 2 1/2 months so was excited to read a 3 month update. I am at almost 60 lbs lost right now and hope to be at about 70 lost when I hit my 3 months on Aug 20th but we shall see :( I think the fact you have been able to overcome emotional eating is incredible.... that is exactly what this is all about. I have only had one instance of nearly eating emotionally since surgery but usually it is the farthest thing from my mind. I love this new freedom! I am so sorry for the trauma you have gone through. Those things are extremely difficult... but I can relate so much to how you said that it showed you that you wouldnt revert to old behaviors. In 2008 my dad had a heart attack and was unconscious for 8 days and not expected to survive. At that time I had broken two addictive behaviors - nail biting and excessive gum chewing - and I was so thrilled that I made it through that experience without reverting back. I couldn't believe I made it through that and still had long fingernails. I did however, turn to food and my weight got even worse following his heart attack. Even though it should have made me realize how unhealthy I also was, and do something about my weight, instead I hid behind emotional eating. I am so happy that now this seems to be changing... have been working on it through therapy for about 6 months prior to surgery too so that was extremely helpful.

Please keep us updated as you go along... I just loved your post.

Thanks for your kind words.

Oddly enough, the records from both my surgical office and my nutritional office have a discrepancy on my starting and pre-op weights so I am not 100% sure what the number is. On average, I have lost 20-25 pounds each month so the difference is about 10 pounds or so (I thought it was double that). My weight loss is starting to waver a bit but I am shrinking to quite an extent so if it's not the scale, it's the inches :( I will post another update on my birthday in September.

You are doing great, too .. keep up the good work!

You're doing fabulously! I'm sorry for what you've been through but I"m happy you were able to deal with it ok.

Has all of that 82 lbs been since surgery or did you lose any of that on a pre-op diet?

I had surgery one day before you and I'm not doing that darned good! LOL

Thanks, Carla .. much appreciated!

Congrats on your amazing loss, we have the same surgey date, I have a sleeve sister! yay! I hope you continue to do well and sorry for all you've had to deal with.

Thanks Christie for sharing your thoughts .. I truly appreciate it.

This emotional eating thing really strikes a chord with so many people but post-op, I realized it was a habit .. not any sort of nutritional need on my part. I can't imagine running to the kitchen for two tablespoons of what .. cheesecake? .. because I can't eat more than that. I am being cheeky of course but my recent stresses made me realize that I am used to reaching for the fridge door yet now I have no room or desire to eat. This alone is a huge freedom that I wasn't expecting.

You worked on yourself, too .. you have a lot to be proud of. I think I am a bit ahead of the game in terms of the weight loss but I am paying for it with lack of energy but I try to do something physical every day. It's hard! I look forward to seeing your progress, too :(

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this. You have really touched me. I am at 2 1/2 months so was excited to read a 3 month update. I am at almost 60 lbs lost right now and hope to be at about 70 lost when I hit my 3 months on Aug 20th but we shall see :) I think the fact you have been able to overcome emotional eating is incredible.... that is exactly what this is all about. I have only had one instance of nearly eating emotionally since surgery but usually it is the farthest thing from my mind. I love this new freedom! I am so sorry for the trauma you have gone through. Those things are extremely difficult... but I can relate so much to how you said that it showed you that you wouldnt revert to old behaviors. In 2008 my dad had a heart attack and was unconscious for 8 days and not expected to survive. At that time I had broken two addictive behaviors - nail biting and excessive gum chewing - and I was so thrilled that I made it through that experience without reverting back. I couldn't believe I made it through that and still had long fingernails. I did however, turn to food and my weight got even worse following his heart attack. Even though it should have made me realize how unhealthy I also was, and do something about my weight, instead I hid behind emotional eating. I am so happy that now this seems to be changing... have been working on it through therapy for about 6 months prior to surgery too so that was extremely helpful.

Please keep us updated as you go along... I just loved your post.

Hey Vancouverite, A friend of mine just had the same op and is excited about the changes.

I'm based in Vancouver and would love to know where you had yours done?

If not in Vancouver, does anyone know of a surgeon in Vancouver that can do this procedure?