Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i never thought i would say this, but i dont know what to eat!

I am looking for a good chicken salad recipe. I am tired of just mayo, chicken and a little relish. I really like zaxby's chicken salad but cant find a mimicked recipe.

I make mine with dry Fiesta ranch dressing mix and greek yogurt. I haven't had Zaxby's chicken salad, but for a change of taste you can try this recipe out, and see if it's too your liking.

I found this on a Rachel Ray website forum via a quick google search:

Replication of Zaxby's Chicken Salad:

Picture1.jpg

SugarbugPeanut Posted:

2009-11-21 3:50 PM

Was anyone else sad when Zaxby's stopped making their awesome chicken salad sandwiches? Well, I tinkered in the kitchen, and I replicated the recipe to a T! (I can't say that this is their exact process, but, the flavor is the exact same--- took some trial and error, but...)

Ingredients

---2 large sweet onions peeled and quartered

---2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts

---2 tablespoons butter

---1 teaspoon pepper

---2 tablespoons sugar

---2 teaspoons Morton's Nature's Seasoning

---water

---5 eggs

---4 tablespoons Miracle Whip

---1/4 cup ground pistachoes

Directions

Grind nuts in food processor. Seat aside in large bowl. Add onions, chicken breasts, butter, pepper, sugar and nature's seasoning to a large pot; cover with Water and cook on LOW for one and one half hour. Meanwhile, boil eggs in seperate pot. Drain chicken and onions after cooking (you can reserve stock or not, up to you.).

Peel eggs; drop eggs, chicken and onions into food processor. Pulse until smooth and put into bowl with ground nuts. Add Miracle Whip; fold all ingredients together. Yield: serves 6

Notes:

This is best served on wheataberry bread, but, is good on any sort of bread, or even a tortilla or pita.

I've made a few of these recipes, some were yummy, some umm not so much.

Chicken Salad Sandwich recipes, Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipes | ifood.tv

Curry chicken salad is one of my nummy yummy favorites.

Wow Tiffykins, Thank you so much! I am 3 months, 3 weeks out and am really wanting to get some flavor onto my little plate and this was information was just what I needed!

I love my George Foreman 360 grill and crock pot. If you'd like, I can toss some of my tried and true recipes with the tweaks that I've made to increase the Protein, cut the fat, and carbs. I just don't want to inundate you with stuff that you may not be interested in eating.

Also, if you'd like me to share let me know if anything is an absolute "no go". Certain flavors, or any specific type of food. For example, if you don't like Asian food, or if you don't like mushrooms etc etc. I can definitely help you out.

For me, the George Foreman grill makes chicken perfectly moist, and I am able to eat it more comfortable than I am baked, pan seared, or from an outdoor grill.

Toss me some please! Im gonna need the Protein.< /p>

I have not had surgery yet...BUT I have done low carb for extended periods. =)

this is a great salad and I eat it on lettuce leaves.

Asian chicken salad

4 boiled and chopped chicken breasts

1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced

1/4 cup scallions (green onion), sliced

2 tbsp real Mayonnaise

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp sesame oil

makes 3 cups

Another trick I use for my meatball sauce (sweet and sour) is to add splenda with about 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses in place of the brown sugar. Not quite as good but still is wonderful. =)

For some more ideas (of course you may have to cut some fat from the recipes or change them a little) go to

Active Low-Carber Forums - Atkins Diet & Low Carb Support Message Boards

This is a great site and recipes are in the Kitchen section.

I do not usually cook separate from my family...tonight we had tacos. I used the same meat for me and made a taco salad instead of tacos for me. Many times I make things and only eat it a little different.

Good luck! Hopefully I will be joining you and be "sleeved" sometime before the beginning of the year. =) I am almost done with the 6 mo diet, etc. I meet with the nutritionist tomorrow, the pulmonologist on Monday, and the Psychologist on Wed. Then I have to get some records for last year. Then we will see what Aetna says. =)

Good luck!