Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quinn,

I brought my mom with me too. She wasn't 100% on board with my choice of lap-band. After meeting with the dietician and going to the seminar, she's good with it. I would have done it anyway, but I'm glad she's on board. She's the only family member that I've told. Only a few friends know. I will tell the rest of my family once I get a surgery date.

I'm not sure if I talked to you at the parking machine...maybe I'll see you at one of the post surgical follow up seminars.

Keep me updated on your progress, I'd like to know how things are going for you. I'm still waiting for the call...I'm sure it will be soon.

Margie ;)

I'm sure everyone else will tell you this - - its so important to have a support system. Of course you have your groups and this kick butt forum but having family and friends be there is crucial. My boyfriend was initially weary of the whole idea. I was planning on doing this regardless but I went through the information and he sees how important this is to me. Having him now be encouraging and supportive has made the process all that much better. I will definately keep you updated on my progress. I'm so excited for my appointment on thursday. Good luck with everything and dont hesitate to post questions on this board. Everyone has been so friendly, kind, and informative. I'm so happy they have this forum. Talk to you soon!

Quinn

Hi Quinn,

Good to meet you at the info session. i'm waiting to hear if I'm approved for surgery.:clap2: The approval should occur soon--I thjink the board meets on Thursdays.

When is your surgery?

Lorna

Hi Quinn,

Good to meet you at the info session. i'm waiting to hear if I'm approved for surgery.:clap2: The approval should occur soon--I thjink the board meets on Thursdays.

When is your surgery?

Lorna

Hey Lorna!

Well, I've been told July. I will know the exact date this Thursday. I meet with Dr. Schneider. Definately keep me posted on your progress!!

Quinn

welcome, margie, quinn and lorna! it seems like a long time but really it flies by and next thing you know you are approaching your bandiversary!

hello to everyone! chris, nana, john, sherry, deb, and everyone else!!! things are going much, much better! nana - i am slowing down to a crawl since my appt and fill in may and i am down about 10-12 lbs. i plateaued for 4 mos and lost 5 freaking lbs and the last 2 weeks i have eaten slowly but alot of crap (the last week of school is junk food galore with parties and all!) and i have lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks go figure!

i have been going to weight watchers to keep me on track and i am also weighing my food, june suggested it. it has helped! lunch today was 3 homemade chocolate chip Cookies (my weakness, they were warm from the overn too! the mom lives right next to my school) but i ate a small salad for dinner and a Protein Shake for Breakfast so i hope i;m making up for it. i am rambling so i will stop now but school is OVER (until summer school starts july 10th) so i am going to relax and hit the gym pretty hard!

does anyone want to get together for a beach day, walk, dancing, or some other fun activity (eating is always good too or we all wouldn't have the band!)? i have missed you all but i will try to be better!

dez

Hi Dez!!!! I was thinking of you today. NO LIE! And rainbow too. Where are you girl? How ya doing?

I'd totally be game for a beach day but for me it would have to be on a weekend, unless we planned far enough in advance so I could take it off from work. But I'm game for any get together! I think it's great support for us. Dez I've been counting calories myself with Sparkpeople, and even with my last fill I'm sometimes surprised how many calories I can eat. I can honestly say it has made a difference for me as well. It only took us how long to figure this out?? lol

How is everyone else doing? Miss you guys!

i am ok with a weekend but the next few are alittle tricky with all the fertility stuff i may be on bed rest next weekend if not its a go! i'll leet you know as soon as i do. i will say i may not know until the day or 2 before, its all in the hormones :scalesno: but i look less gross than i used to in my bathing suit so that's a good thing! i will no longer be tried and convicted for crimes against humanity (unless i actually wore a bikini)!

dez

So I'm back from my appointment with Dr. Schneider. I am so happy. He is fantastic. My surgery is scheduled for July 30th. I can't wait for my new life to get started!!!!!

Quinn,

You GOOOOO, GIRL! Playing telephone tag with Amanda today. She'd either going to tell me that I'm NOT approved or set me up with the surgeon appt.

Lorna

Quinn,

That is fantastic news you have your surgery date. I was unable to schedule my nurse & doctor visit until 8/6. I'm travelling on business until 7/30 and they had no appts the week of 7/4 (the only week I am in town) and they don't see patients on Fridays. I'm a little bummed out about it. Oh well, I have plenty of time to make sure my PCP sends in the referral to see the doctor. Today was just v. frustrating, playing tag with the hospital and then having to repeat my information several times to the intake person because her computer kept dying.

That's all. I'm hot, I'm stuck in a hot airport (O'Hare) and my flight doesn't leave for another hour and half.

I should be (and I am) happy that I've made it this far and that I have a confirmed appt for 8/6 - I didn't want the surgery untl the end of Sept/beginning of Oct anyway.

Thanks for letting me gripe.

Margie

Lorna - Hello....you are so going to be approved! Definately keep us posted!!

Margie - I'm so glad you got your appointment!!! I know you were anticipating for getting the call and making the appointment - - - so happy for you!! I freakin' hate the heat/humidity. I get so cranky and sweaty...yuck!! I'm sorry :)

hi all sherry chris dez john nana and newbies

sorry i've be lost for a bit, but chris sent me mail and remined me of my family of lab band.

i have been in a huge funk, having trouble stop smoking. i keep falling off the wagon. i am even now trying to make it more than 1 week.i have been at this for 3 months now and its getting to me.

i have had to put in extra time at work, love the money but burn out rate is fast.

good news is we did by the camp in newhampshire, and i am going there this weekend. i hope to leave friday after night shift and head home tues. night for next day

i have to work on the 4th.

i hope the rest works

deb

:ranger: Hello everyone,

Is there a specific pre-surgery diet BIDMC requires? I was going to do liquids....I've done Optifast before and I had no problems doing it. I won't be doing Optifast specifically, probably something a little less $$$ I ordered a couple of individual packets of unjury to try them out.

Rainbow - I know how hard it is to lose weight, so to add quitting smoking on top of that must be tough. I have never smoked, but my mom has for over 40 years. She just quit with the help of a prescription from her PCP - Chantix (sp?) I'm not sure if lap banders can take this RX (if it has any effects on the stomach, etc.) but I consider this a miracle drug for my mom. She tells me she has no desire to smoke. It's also not something she has to be on forever...she is weaning herself off under the direction of her PCP and she still has no desire to smoke. I know someone else at work who smoked like a fiend and who has also quit with this drug. Just a suggestion...

Margie

lets try this again

yes i am taking that drug, started 2 weeks ago

seems to be working great

deb

They put you on a specific two week diet before the surgery. The surgeon gives you the packet/info of what you can eat/amount etc....

Its a really strict diet but it gets you ready for the surgery!! :confused: