Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to wish Stormsbrewing good luck tomorrow!!!!!! You'll do great! Please log on and let us know how you're doing after surgery. :)

And hi to your neighbor KayDot. I miss ya girlie. How are things?

I met Deb (rainbow) tonight for dinner. We had a blast! She is such a sweetheart and got me a great bag of band-friendly goodies for my birthday. I can't wait to try those chocolate shakes!

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday...still feeling lousy today too. UGH. I'll definately make it the next time though. Glad to hear you had a good time :)

home again

i need a vacation from school vacation lol

chris it was great seeing you, i was all excited when i got back to michelle's , told her what a great time i had and what a sweet heart i think you are! its great to be with people who understand and has walk in the same shoesand to compare notes on whats happing with our bodies today.

sherry we will meet soon i hope

well my partner went in the hopital wed. for dyticulist(spelling?) wed so i am off to bug her for awhile

deb

Hi Everyone!

Rainbow-sounds like you had a nice meeting with Chrispy. She is a lot of fun! I wish I could have made it. Definitely count me in next time. Does your partner have Diverticulitis? Is it a flare up or just diagnosed? Either way I hope it is not too bad and everyone is feeling alright!

Sherry-are you feeling better? What is wrong? There are so many ucky germs going around lately. I feel like someone has been sick in my house everyday for weeks.

Jonn.."stormbrewin" is going in for surgery? What is his date? Hopefully by now he is out and feeling better. Welcome to the club John and I hope you are feeling well. Still thinking I will bump into you one of these days at the gym. If you need anything, PM me.

Chrispy-when are we getting together again? I hope all is well. You pictures looked fantastic. Way to go.

I got my first fill a week ago this past Thursday. I am feeling good. I am getting used to the whole restriction thing since I didn't have any for a while and was basically "dieting" the weigh off. I was still losing, but definitely relying on willpower, which was quickly running out of steam. I am almost down 50 pounds. I think I am at 48 but I am not 100% sure until I go for an official weigh in. I have not made it to the gym at all this week with the kids home from school and my school schedule is so hectic so I am looking forward to getting back into my routine.

I am feeling better now than I have in years. I still have quite a way to go, but I feel more human. It is great.

I hope all is well with everyone. Leah, I hope the date with your son was nice! Sounds sweet.

I look forward to getting together again. Anyone have any ideas? I won't be at the reunion since it is a school night for me. I think you will all have a great time though.

Sherry-are you feeling better?

Hey Katydotrn...yeap I'm feeling better. Pepcid before bed seems to be donig the trick. When I last told Dr. Jones about it he said I might need a slight unfill if I couldn't figure it out myself. Well...I didn't want that to happen so I tried not eating late, tried eating something, tried tums finally the Pepcid before bed helps. I haven't had the sour stomach problem for a over a week now..almost 2 so I'm happy. All is good...now I need to work on getting more exercise and starting to lose again. Unfortunately with all that went on and not being able to eat properly I gained 8 pounds since 2/5. Talk about discouraged. You know that scarey feeling that OMG even this isn't going to work. It just made me a wreck. So with help from Chrispy and other friends I just concentrated on fixing the sour stomach problem and now it's time to work on the eating again. (Oh I think I'm going through the change too so THAT messed me up this month too!) Thank you so much for asking :) Glad your fill is working well for you. You've done GREAT with your weight loss!

Deb - We'll definately meet next time. I wish things worked out this time but, this change business isn't fun. grrrrr. I had a whopper of a Migraine and ended up going home early on Wed and taking Thursday off. Very uncomfortable week but, it's over now THANK GOODNESS. So hopefully I'll get to meet ya next time :) I hope you enjoyed your time here :)

aaamom - Hows it going? All healed up from your surgery by now? Oh I'm nervous about having to have that done as well but, I already know I'll have to. Actually I want to but, scared too. This body just won't bounce back after being big for so long so it has to come off. Boy.....my arms could use it too but I hear that surgery is really painful because you can't move your arms. Eh one day at a time. I still have another 53 or so to lose before I can even consider a TT. Hope you're doing well.

Well this thing won't go back further so I'll say HELLO to everyone I missed. Has anyone heard how Storm made out?

Deb I had a great time too!!! I can't wait to see you at the reunion! I hope your partner is doing better soon - diverticulitis can be VERY painful!

Hey Kdot!! John's surgery was on the 21st, so he should be well on the way to recovery by now. I'm curious to see how much he lost on his pre-op diet. He was a superstar. You're doing phenomenal as well. You should be really, really proud of yourself!!

Sherry my darling I'm glad you got the stomach thing under control. I think I need to focus on the eating thing with you. I'm up 1.5 lbs this week. Can't wait for wednesday. I am going to beg Dr Jones for a fill. lol

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on, lots of things going on at home. Glad to see everyone is progressing along great.

John- Hope your doing fine after your surgery. It was nice talking to you when we met in Braintree, best of luck to you.

I've kinda stalled out with my weight loss. I'm stuck at 30lbs. I had my 2nd fill today. Hopefully that takes better than the first. I did feel like a pin cushion today though. They got me the first shot on my first fill but I guess I wasn't so lucky this time. Have a great night all.

hi folks

just got off nights and the ride home was pretty with the snow stuck to the trees

sherry glad your doing better and i hope to see you at the reunion

chris i had to cancel wed appt so you should be able to get one, i am taking my partner to the doctors, ken ruined the car and now we are down to one car for a bit. i told michelle i will call kelly and speak with her about how hard it is for me to eat,but i am sure stess is a big factor.the diverticulitis (thxs for the spelling) is better

but the but one more time and its surgery the doctor says.

kay sorry you will not be at the reunion, but i will try and make a reunion if i am not on shift another time if it is put together

nite folks

deb

Hi everyone,

I am Nana. I have not been able to post in a long, long time. Some-

thing was wrong. So, I signed up under new username - Nanavivian. I could not wait to tell you all that I received word last week that Dr. Jones had

a cancellation and if I could hurry my insurance along. I could have the

date of next Tues., March 6th. So, long story short, I hounded my

insurance and got the OK. I am going in next Tues.:kiss2: :nervous !! If you don't

hear from me for a while it is because I am having a problem getting through -- I was so desperate, I considered calling Michelle and asking her

to get a message to Rainbow that I was finally going in if no other problem

comes up. My husband went to Florida but I have my cousin to stay with me. Am I glad I didn't go to Flordia, too!!!!! Talk to you later.

Nana

GOOD LUCK NANA

I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU ON TUESDAY !!!!!!!!

PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED ON HOW YOU ARE DOING !!!!

HERE'S TO YOU:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

YEAHHHHH Nana! My goodness it's in two days! You'll be on the banded side zippidy quick. Congrats!

that's so cool nana

i was wondering why you have not posted, glad you where able to let us know.

good luck tomorow, let us know how you are doing

deb

Yep- I had surgery on the 28th, and I appear to be doing great. I lost just over 30 lbs prior to surgery doing a partial liquid diet and working out really hard.

As I type this, I'm sitting at home 5 days out of surgery and my guts feel a little bubbly and strange but no real pain. I have no desire to eat whatsoever which is nice, and I'm forcing down the Myoplex shakes. I feel great just being down 30 lbs, and my mind is already focusing on what life at 240 is going to be like. I'm poking around looking at before and after abdominoplasty photos and getting a bit excited. I just can't wait for this finally to be over.

I'm also looking forward to getting physical again. I'll probably get back into cardio by Thursday which will be one week out, and then get back into my kickboxing and jujitsu classes towards the end of the month, port permitting.

Would you guys all be interested in getting together again for lunch? I'd love to see how everyone is doing. Maybe sometime in early April? Let me know and I'll set it up. Kay- that's great you're down 50 lbs, by the way! Imagine what 50lbs of gristle sitting on a serving platter looks like! (It's nasty but that's the way I'm picturing this weight coming off)

Hope to talk to you all soon-

John

Hey John,

Glad you're doing well. Hmmm you might wanna check in with your doc weather it's ok or not for cardio in a week. I suppose it would depend on what type of cardio workout you were going to do. YOu don't want to pull the stitches that are on your stomach holding your band in place...the stitches inside not on your abdomen. I was the same way right after surgery...not wanting to eat that is. It is a different feeling isn't it? lol You're on your way now :)

I'm game for another get together! April sounds good to me too :)