Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg i got my date!!!!!!!!

Sooooo I finally get my date!! It's August 4th, 2010!! That's only like 3 weeks away! I don't feel prepared when it comes to the Vitamins and shakes and all that stuff. I should know about these things I need, but it's so much it beciomes overwhelming. Can anyone list exaclty what they needed to have before surgery so I can be prepared. like what virtamins (with amount of mg) idk..anything? things to take to hospital... ahhhhh im so happy but need to get prepared!

ANYONE ELSE GETTING SURGERY AUGUST 4TH?!?!? I'M GOING TO San Diego? ANYONE ELSE?:thumbup1:

Congratulations! I feel the same way. I have been researching for quite some time and now that I've scheduled my surgery I feel like I don't know what I need! I went out last weekend and bought a whole bunch of stuff.

Here's what I got (I'm sure something needs to be added!):

food Processor (Bed Bath & Beyond)

Blender Ball (GNC)

1 and 3 cup tupperware containers (BB&B and Wal-Mart)

Small 2 cup baking dish similar to ramikin (Wal-Mart)

chicken and Beef broth

Boullion cubes

Low Fat cream Soups

whey Protein

Fuze

Propel

Small Water bottles

Crystal Light

Muscle Milk Light chocolate & vanilla

Atkins Low carb Protein shake

cheese sticks

Tons of sugar free Jello Gelatin and pudding!

Tuna Fish

Fiber gummies

Chewable multi Vitamin

Viactiv chocalate Calcium bites (tastes like a tootsie roll)

Still need:

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup Protein powder

Chewable Iron supplement

Best of luck to you! Hopefully people will post somethings not on my list so I can get some more ideas.

something loose and comfortable to wear home from hospital, gas x strips for the first couple of days, you can have propel,fruit20 and special k Protein Water, I made my own broth and froze it coz the can stuff is nasty and I did use Takeout Egg drop Soup and Japenese onion soup (strained) adding the unflavored whey protein.Oh and Crystal light popsicles are a must lol I went thru 2 boxes. Good Luck!

Congratulations on getting a date!

Do a search on the forum for pre-surgery lists. I remember seeing a very good one that might have something else you'd want to know.

I'm sure you are excited! Good things are coming!

I honestly haven't used half the stuff I bought in preparation for surgery. There's only so much your stomach will be able to take in and by the time you might need or want something different, you'll be well enough to get out to the store. Also, you will lose your tastes for some things, so don't buy too much of any one thing.

Congratulations!

Congrats on your date.

Your surgeon will give you a list of medication that you need.... mine wouldn't let me take anything else unless I checked with him first so don't waste your money of stuff which you may not be allowed to take. Also check up what you are already taking, including contraceptives to make sure they are compatible..... as some pills aren't allowed to be taken.

Congrats and good luck.

Congrats on your date. Here are my lists:

Pre-op and post op: Atkins Advantage Shakes; RTD Isopure Plus clear Protein drink

Pre and post: Isopure Zero carb/sugar vanilla Protein Powder

DaVinci sugar free flavored syrups to use with the vanilla powder

Crystal Lite (lots of flavors)

Jello Ready to Eat unrefrigerated fat free chocolate puddings

4 oz. ramekins for Portion Control post-op

Baby silverware and toddler bowls for portion control post-op

2 oz baby food ice trays for freezing stuff during the puree phase

Low salt cream Soups

Gerber's 4oz RTD apple juice

Huge amounts of Lipton's Diet Green Tea

A small chopper/mini food processor

A Blender Bottle for making shakes

unjury chicken stock Protein powder (individual packets)

I gave all the carbs in the house to a co-worker--rice and Pasta.

Gerber's 4 oz applesauce

Gerber's 2nd level 4 oz green Beans

I was totally prepared for everything. Now that I've had the surgery, I just reach for what I want. Good luck to you. I had a hard time on the pre-op diet for the first 5 days, but after that it got easier.

Donna

thank you all for your replies! These are all very good ideas, I'm jotting them as we speak! haha I want to be sure to be prepared. I'm so excited but a little nervous! ahhhhh but I'm sure everything will go fine!

Hey, I've been thinking about you. I was wondering if you got a date yet or not! How awesome is that?! I was able to get in on a cancellation to the Options class and started session 1 and 2 last week. Only 10 weeks to go and then it's the referral waiting game! :scared0:

I just realized you're now down to 2 1/2 weeks. It'll be here before you know it! I can't wait to here about your experience. I haven't seen anything on this board with patients from Pacific Bariatric.

If you want my e-mail - I don't have any of the IM programs - let me know. I'll totally be your cheerleader!

Allison

Hi Allison! Thank you for thinking about me! Ha I'm so glad that you have started your classes! How exciting!! and yesss give me your email!