Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

longest weight loss stall ever!!!

I'm so glad I found this thread. I am also experiencing the dreaded 3 -4 week stall. I've been so good about journaling, drinking the correct amount of Water and getting the recommended amounts of Protein and carbohydrates in. I lost 1 pound in a week. What's up with that? It makes me feel so much better reading all of your comments. I need to chill. I asked my Husband to hide the scale and only bring it out once a week. My jeans are looser and I don't feel like a sausage in them anymore. I just wish the scale would move a little faster. Thanks for helping me keep my spirits up.

I think a lot of people tend to minimize the trauma our bodies endure due to this surgery. This isn't like having your gallbladder removed, this isn't like a little nip tuck, this is a major organ being removed from our bodies. This going from eating 2000-3000 calories a day with tons of fat, carbs, Protein, to a 1/3 of what our bodies are used to consuming. This is hormones shooting all over the place, this is our body recovering and healing, yet we all expect to drop 50lbs the first 2 weeks, and our bodies to not rebel.

Pretty much our bodies are pissed off, and trying to figure out what the hell we have done to it, and why it hurts, why acid is overproducing, why we're only dumping liquids and Soups into it, why we're trying to be super woman/man during the first 6 weeks. Not to mention all of the stress we put on losing weight, and forgetting that we didn't get fat overnight. We didn't wake up one morning weighing our highest weight, we won't woke up a size 4 a month out from surgery.

I've read plenty of stories of people stalling for weeks on end. When they really look at what they are eating, and their activity level, they either are too calorie deficient, or they are eating too much and aren't truly watching their intake.

I never had a true stall meaning that I lost something every week. Grant it some weeks it was only 1 pound, but I never stalled because I just didn't stress about it. I had a 10 day stall close to goal, but I only had a few pounds to go. I didn't stress over it, I knew it wouldn't do any good to freak over it, and then I woke up one day and those pounds were gone.

I know stalls are scary, but staying on course, and remaining positive are both more beneficial over stressing out, and being irrational about the numbers on the scale.

I agree with Tiffykins. If you think about it, have you ever lost 30 lbs in 14 days before? That's a lot to handle. And that's quite successful for this surgery, if you ask me.

And it's a major trauma to your body, as Tiffy said. YOUR STOMACH IS BEING CUT DOWN TO SIZE. Think about that again. It's a lot to let sink in.

I haven't exercised at all or even really walked (and I can't bring myself to exercise in this heat) and I've lost 44lbs. In 2 mos. Worth EVERY cent. Every. And I have another 95 to lose. It's not a miracle, it's a tool.

Sorry to lay it out, but it's just the fact of the matter.

@ CHELSEA:

Hi Chelsea,

I just wanted to personally thank you for the Protein shake recommendation. I went to costco the same week and bought them. I think they are PERFECT! I tried many before and could fins the perfect nutritional balance and good taste. I've been drinking about 3 or 4 a week, but I can't even finish one in one sitting. I'm going to try to up my intake. Hope all is well for you. Keep in touch!

@ CHELSEA:

Hi Chelsea,

I just wanted to personally thank you for the Protein shake recommendation. I went to costco the same week and bought them. I think they are PERFECT! I tried many before and could fins the perfect nutritional balance and good taste. I've been drinking about 3 or 4 a week, but I can't even finish one in one sitting. I'm going to try to up my intake. Hope all is well for you. Keep in touch!

You're very welcome! I know for me it makes all the difference in my day. It takes me about an hour to drink one but I want all that Protein and then I feel crazy full...and even then I wonder if it's more than I should be able to drink (did my stomach stretch?) but I don't worry too terribly much about it. I'm so glad I was helpful.

You will continue. I stalled out at three-four weeks. I agree introducing solids was what did it for me. I have learned from this wonderful site that we are all stall, we all lose at different rates. But, we all lose. Hang in there. This too shall pass. Just remember..Protein first, veggies second, other carbs last. If I follow the first two, there is never room for the third and there is no way that combo can fail.

I've done the same thing. Haven't lost anything in over a week and actually may have gained a pound. This helps a lot to hear that others are doing the same because I too thought I was failing but your right it will just take time. I do feel my clothes a lot more loose so I think I am losing inches. Thanks everyone for giving their experience. It really helps to read what others are experiencing.

Hello, I am only 8 weeks out (almost) and for 2 whole weeks was stuck at the same weight... then I upped my calories from about 600-800 and wa-la... now about 1/2 pound a day again... (I had surgery 6/21/10)

Unfortunately I'm experiencing the same thing. No loss since about the 2nd week! Sigh...

I hate hate hate stalls. I'm sorry you guys are dealing with it (i had to get rid of the scale because it was so upsetting).

Stalls make me absolutly crazy.... but I promise... after all the distress and fears of failure... you will still loose weight. Maybe not fast... but you'll loose. My hope is that in a year we will all look back at our posts where we talked about our fear of failure and have a good laugh at ourselves.

Now.... next time I weigh myself I will probably post that I am a failure and that I wil never loose all the weight.... you guys will have to set me straight.

hang in there..... we'll be laughing this time next year

stacey

Yes! the dreaded Stall!! ....but, this too shall pass! I am just a little over 3 months out from surgery, and have lost 34 lbs. and 6 inches from my waist!! I thought I should have lost much more but Dr. Davidson says it is real good. I will continue to lose appox. 8 lbs per month, which is great! Chin's up (no pun intended, teehee) all. It WILL HAPPEN, DON'T LOSE HEART!!

I'm in a stall too! I can't believe how frustrating it is! I've weighed the same thing now for about 2 weeks, give or take 1-2 pounds! I just feel like this is going to be another failure! And I recently went back to work after summer break (I'm a school counselor) and I decided I would be honest with people who talked with me about my weight. This is because I want to help support someone if he/she decide they want to try WLS. Plus I didn't want to give the idea that diet and exercise was all I was doing! I know, I've been there.... So, now that I'm stuck, I can't help but think that I've gone as far as I can I this is it! Especially since I've been talking up WLS to my co workers!...... UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!

I'm in a stall too! I can't believe how frustrating it is! I've weighed the same thing now for about 2 weeks, give or take 1-2 pounds! I just feel like this is going to be another failure! And I recently went back to work after summer break (I'm a school counselor) and I decided I would be honest with people who talked with me about my weight. This is because I want to help support someone if he/she decide they want to try WLS. Plus I didn't want to give the idea that diet and exercise was all I was doing! I know, I've been there.... So, now that I'm stuck, I can't help but think that I've gone as far as I can I this is it! Especially since I've been talking up WLS to my co workers!...... UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!

This is exactly why I have decided to keep my revision to myself. I went through the embarrassment with my band, don't want to feel this pressure again. However, I really believe in the sleeve and it will get us to where we need to be. It just may not be as fast as you may have hoped.

Just worry about YOU! Stay on track and stay focused and the days will pass and the weight will drop off.

I have been in a stall for about 7/8 weeks now. I was sleeved 3/5/13 and the scale stopped moving some time in April, but I lost inches for a bit, then that stopped. Starting to think that this is it. Im not ready for the weight to stop coming off. I am going to increase my Protein and Water and pray that I kick start the weight loss again.

Frustrated, but still glad I got the sleeve. <_<