Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you looking forward to?

As I'm searching for a surgeon I day dream about I will do once I have my sleeve and have lost a good amount of weight. I am 270 now so I have about 120ish to loose. What are you looking forward to or if you are already there what did the sleeve make possible for you?

Mine are:

Shopping at any store and buying cheap and cute clothes.

Taking a bath in a regular sized bathtub with room

Flirting, even though I've always been fat I haven't had any confidence recently

People saying, "Is that all you are eating?"

Getting any hairstyle I want without worring about making my face fatter

Wearing shorts and dresses again

My husband picking me up

Now that I'm pretty much at goal weight, here are a few things that still amaze me and that I can't believe are real:

*Seeing bones again and that I had forgotten were there (cheekbones, collarbone, hip bones)

*Losing 8" in my waist in 4 months

*Feeling and looking younger than I did 15 yrs ago!

*Walking past the Lane Bryant store on my way to Victoria's Secret (ha!)

*At the age of 49, wearing the same size I wore when I was 17

I want to go out with my girlfriends on the weekends and not be the "fat chic"

I want to wear whatever I want

I want a boyfriend....maybe

I want to be un-obsessed with my next diet

I can't wait

great thread!!!!

There was about 5 hot minutes in my mid-late teens before I got fat when I had the confidence and authority that comes with knowing you look good. I would like to have that back, along with:

people looking me in the eye instead of staring at my gut,

buying cheap clothes and never darkening the doorstep of LaneBryant again!

Never giving it a second thought when I am ushered to a booth or delicate chair or airplane economy seat.

Not asking for a seatbelt extender on airplanes.

wearing a regular non fancy basic racing swimsuit at a public pool and diving in without anybody giving me any particular kind of look.

Not being the sidekick buddy when the girls go out - being visible to men.

wearing bright colors and patterns without looking like a couch or overgrown toddler.

And so much more!!!!!

I thought of another one last night. I want to be a pretty arm accessory for my hubby who is fantastic and has always gotten the bad end of everything. I also want to beable to borrow from my sister-in-law's HUGE wardrobe. She used to be a model and still shops like one.

What a wonderful thread...

I want heads to turn when I walk into a room and not think it must be that I look huge in what I am wearing

I want to go on a cruise without my first thought being "no way, that means a bathing suite".

I want to wear cute dresses without thinking "cankles"

I want to be able to flirt without worring what the guy must be thinking about my weight.

I want to be able to choose the guy I want to be with without settling for one.

I want to be more active in everything I do.

After losing over 65 lbs so far, I have experienced a few noticeable achievements, such as, crossing my legs, eliminating my sleep apnea (no more mask!), having more freedom of movement with my arms, and one that hit me the other day was when I was able to sit "indian style" on the grass..and it was comfortable!

It's amazing how the weight keeps you from moving freely, and you don't realize it until you can do things you didn't realize you weren't doing because of the weight!

This is a good thread!

So far with my current loss, I have been able to:

-Not ask for the seat belt extender on the airplane.

-Able to use a "normal" bathroom stall and not the handicap larger one if needed.

-Starting to find some clothes at normal stores, still at 2x but 3x is now too big.

Future:

-not be the biggest guy who uses the Stairmaster stepmill at the gym.

-able to Run again and long enough to get my "second wind"

-maybe complete a marathon

-Have my waist size be smaller or equal to the length on my Jeans.

-Have someone describe my appearance and not mention the words big or large. Maybe one day tall and thin..

Great post!

1. Having much more confidence when conducting business at work.

2. Being a positive influence on how my children eat.

3. Walking around a pool in my swimsuit instead of staying horizontal on the loungers.

4. SHOPPING!!! and being able to wear the same clothes for seasons to come.

5. Taking dance classes, dancing again!

6. Not feeling my inner thighs rub together when I walk.

7. Wearing more shorts, less Capri pants.

8. Working out again, maybe even running a half marathon!

I am sure I can think of many more!

This is a really inspiring thread... thank you for putting yourselves out there...

* I want to be the sexy woman on stage - (not the cart lady, older lady, mother... some of this is based on voice type hehe but I would like the director to entertain the idea of me as the sexy heroine)

* I want to have my confidence back!!!

* I want to go to a store like the dress barn (or somewhere nicer lol) and be able to look at the cute clothes. I hate having to walk to the other side of the store having witnessed all the sexy fun clothes to look through a sea of frumpiness.

*I want to walk from building to building on campus and not feel like I am going to die before I get to the next location.

*I want to be able to play with my nieces and nephew for longer than 5 minutes.

*I want to book an airplane or concert ticket and not immediately regret the length of time in a small chair.

This is such a fun thread! I have lost almost 50lbs and today we went to the zoo, it was HOT and I did not sweat at all! I have the sweetest husband he constantly says "Wow, it is amazing how much weight you have lost" and I noticed that he kept taking pictures of me, and I realized I was allowing him to! Those are some of the fun things that I didn't even know to look forward to.

I look forward to:

Waking every day without wondering/worrying how I will get my weight off.

Moving more freely

Feeling better physically and mentally

Fitting into seats

Not having to pay as much for clothing and

Just feeling lighter!

I am so happy for all of us!

~ crossing my legs

~ wearing hubby's jacket and having it be huge on me

~ traveling comfortably (plane/train/bus seats, europe where everything is small)

~ hiking, biking, etc enjoying the outdoors here in Colorado

~ amusement parks/water parks being enjoyable again

~ summer dresses / wearing dresses without thighs rubbing together

~ cute shoes (right now my feet are too wide for anything but sneakers)

~ having the door held open for me

~ using clothes to define my own style, instead of wearing the best of the crappy stuff I can find, wearing whatever fits

~ regular sized bath or beach towels, wrapping around my body!

~ not dreading being weighed every time I go to the doctor

~ not feeling like I take up too much space in public places like elevators

~ sitting in chairs at people's homes without worrying about breaking them

~ hearing "you're so pretty" instead of "you have such a pretty face."

OMG..DO YOU HAVE ALL DAY?

Well first and formost I look forward to living again.I have been overweight for the past 10 years.Im tired of trying.I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 14 years.I have been missing out on life,Not doing things I have been wanting to do.It takes a toll on your family also.

I look forwart too....

CLOTHES,clothes, clothes, The past 10 years I have been wearing sweats,tshirts,and capris.(I havent wore a pair of shorts in 10 years..Yes you heard that right

I look forward to jumping on the back of our Harley and not feel like everyone is looking at me thinking DAYUM!!!!Thats a big Bitch..

I mainly look forward to the energy I will have for my children and my husband.

I look forward to not sweating so bad when i do the least little thing.

I look forward to my tits not spilling out of my bra

Dont get me wrong me and hubby has a wonderful sex life, but I look forward to the skinny sex LOL

SO many things,i look forward to, but mainly I want to be me again.I havent been me for 10 years and im ready for reintroducing myself again..:thumbup:

I like this thread as well and I've been thinking about it for a few days. Here's what I've come up with.

1. First and foremost I would like not having to take high blood pressure meds. IT SUCKS. TWICE A DAY.

2.Getting on the rides at the amusement park without worrying if the ride is to small. I LOVE THE AMUSEMENT PARK.

3.Someone mentioned seeing hip bones. Me too. MAN.... I'VE HAVEN'T SEEN THOSE IN 25 YEARS. LOL.

4. Crossing my legs and sitting indian style on the floor.

5. Well..... since I'm dreaming and dreams do come true. How about RUNNING a marathan. THAT WOULD BE TOTALLY KEWL.

Deb

crossing my legs

tucking in my shirt

wearing a belt

not having salesclerks ignore me in stores

sitting in a booth without my boobs resting on the table lol

lying in the bathtub and the Water covers my tummy and my butt doesn't touch both sides

tying my shoes without the bows being off to the side

being able to reach my toenails better to paint them

hearing something other than "you have really pretty eyes"

seeing cute clothes - and not worrying about if they come in that big of a size

feeling cold and not hot all the time lol

working in my yard and not wanting to take a break after 5 minutes

seeing my reflection in a mirror/window and not feeling sad

feeling beautiful