Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down 45 lbs, check up and everything A-Ok!

Don't know how I missed this post before. Congratulations. You are doing AWESOME! Keep in touch.

Mini... you are doing AMAZING! Feeling good? Thank you for your kind encouragement... :blush:

Rocking the sleeve!

Thanks! Sometimes it's fast, sometimes slow, but it's always WORKIN! :blush:

Wooohooo! Great job! I've seen that a lot of people end up going back to Dr. A for their check up, but no one ever describes their expierence with this like they do with surgery. Did you make all of your own plans while down there and then just show up at the hospital for a schedualed appt. Or do they help in planning your trip/accomidations like they do when you head down the first time? Could you talk a little about your expierence with this situation? Just curious. :-) I'm hoping to schedual surgery with Dr. A some time in September so I'm just gathering all the info I can now. Thanks in advance!

For me, I drove to the border, and they can either pick you up States side, or you can walk over and they will pick you up Mexico side. I was picked up States side, but the driver was a bit late (flight delayed in San Diego), so I hung out for a while waiting. Walked around and such, no biggie. Went straight to the hospital, and the routine is basically the same as when you check in there for surgery. You go straight to the room where they take your blood. They draw the blood, then you go over to the fluoroscopy room, they have you put on the robe, get on the Xray machine/table, and the have you drink the chalky yuck-yuck stuff... You watch it go through your sleeve on the screen. Dr. Campo had me tighten my stomach a few times, and bear down like I'm "pushing" to see if there were any hernias or leaks. Nothing. Then, they lay the table back all the way down, then a bit upside down, to check for acid reflux. Nothing there for me either. Literally, I was out of there in less than an hour. I didn't want to sit around and wait for my results, so they emailed me the blood work information with comments the next Tuesday (I went on a Saturday). All was well for my blood, Dr. Campo said to watch the fat and cholesterol, but my Proteins were fine, sugars were fine, Iron and such, all fine.

After my test's Nina drove me back to the border, I walked over, got in my car (which was two blocks away from the crossing) and I drove myself back to San Diego. Pretty easy. I believe they will help you with travel/hotel information if you wanted to go down and stay again, but the hotel (etc) wouldn't be included in the $150 for the tests (paid to the hospital). I know they do a day once a month where you can fly in to SD and back out that same evening, but you'll have to check with them on what day/times. For me, I only live 5 hours or so from the border, so I made a vacation weekend in San Diego out of the trip.

Though it was a hassle to go back there, I will say I'm glad I did. Hope this helps! :blush:

Huge Gratz! The news on the labs is fantastic and the weight loss....sweeeeeet.

Huge Gratz! The news on the labs is fantastic and the weight loss....sweeeeeet.

Thank you! I'm feeling good... a bit of depression coming back, but I'm getting that in check... Here's to the second half of losing! :blush:

BonBon - I went and had my labs done back with Dr. A's staff. I live in Las Vegas, so we just swung by on our way to San Diego and made a weekend of it. I e-mailed Gaby, they set me up with an appointment, we went, and I had all my bloodwork and upper GI done in less than an hour. I had my lab work back within a few days. I'm pretty sure they would help you make any arrangements if needed. The appointment cost me $150, but I felt more comfortable having Dr. Campos tell me everything looked great than going to someone who didn't know jack about the sleeve!

BonBon - I went and had my labs done back with Dr. A's staff. I live in Las Vegas, so we just swung by on our way to San Diego and made a weekend of it. I e-mailed Gaby, they set me up with an appointment, we went, and I had all my bloodwork and upper GI done in less than an hour. I had my lab work back within a few days. I'm pretty sure they would help you make any arrangements if needed. The appointment cost me $150, but I felt more comfortable having Dr. Campos tell me everything looked great than going to someone who didn't know jack about the sleeve!

Thanks! I live in Southern California so this is most likely what I will end up doing as well! Its a great reason to say "Heyy Honeyyyy can we just get away for the weekendddd?" hehe :D