Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just felt my port for the 1st time...

WOW...I guess it took me by surprise. I didnt think I would be able to just....FEEL IT!!!! LOL...i ran squeeling thru the house like I just saw a spider the size of a small car. Im only a week out...I guess Ive been swollen...but...there it is. Its on my left side 4-5 inches below my bra line. Anyone else feel it?:omg:

Yup. I can feel mine. But mine is about 2 inches left of my belly button. I didn't want to feel mine until after my first fill, 6 weeks after surgery, just thinking about it would have made me run through the house too.

It's not weird now though, it's kinda cool. So are my ribs that you can actually feel now. lol.

:) Kristin

I was banded on MAy22 and I have been able to feel and see my port. I went for my OV yesterday and my surgeon stated since I had a abominalplasty my abdominal wall is very thin. So that kinda stinks but being over weight and not fitting into my cloths stink even more than that. One more thing I really can't wait to get off this liquid diet, and if we are on liquids why doesn't the weight come off quicker??

Cheryl

05/21/06-215

06/01/06-208.5

i am not sure if you can flip it, i guess anything is possible. i have definatlely "tilted" mine. My fill gal has to put the needle in from my forehead side. I have no idea how that happened but it doesn't seem to bother anyone so I am rolling with it!

wow, does the port hurt? I'm being banded next week and I am trying to get as much imput as to what expect before the big day.

Some people say their port site hurts right after surgery. Mine never hurt and it hasn't ever hurt since surgery.

I can feel mine but it doesn't generally hurt. The other day it was very sore and it took me a while to figure out why. Finally realized, when I climbed into bed, that I had slept on my left side that night instead of my usual right side. Somehow and for some reason that makes my port ache. Go figure!

...there it is. Its on my left side 4-5 inches below my bra line. Anyone else feel it?:omg:

No, you're too far away. Come a little closer and I'll let ya know. ;)

My stupid port sticks out so far it freaks me out. When I suck in my belly it goes down to where I cant tell its there. So I'm hoping it's only sticking out like this because my belly still sticks out.

My port is few inches below my bra line on the right side.

Annemarie - The port will be very tender.. Ok, it will hurt more than the other areas of your surgery because the incision is larger and the port will be sewn to the muscle. My port area took the longest to stop being so tender. You'll need to be cautious with it for the first 6 weeks. You know, bending and lifting, so you don't pull the stitches.

thanks everyone.I had my surgry over a year ago and I have lost a 100lbs and I fell on the side of a boat last weekend on my stomach and ever since then the area around the port has hurt that is why I wondered if you could flip your port maybe it is just bruised bad thanks for all of your input by the way my name is Annette Im logged in as kurtmavdak because that is the begginning of my grandchildren names Thanks again

I just had my surgery don on the 22nd so my port are is very tender. Right after surgery I couldn't stand up totally straight or bend over and hurt to get up and down. Now its still a little swollen. Mine is below my bra line on the left and any aches or pains I get are always on that side. Because of my tummt tuck my abdomen is to think so i think mine will always stick out some.

I also had a Tummy Tuck in february and yes my port does stick out alot more than before but I think I must have just bruised it when I fell so I guess I will just have to live with it THANKS ANNETTE

I just had my surgery don on the 22nd so my port are is very tender. Because of my tummt tuck my abdomen is to think so i think mine will always stick out some.

Did you get your Tummy Tuck when you had your surgery?

No, I had the tuck about 1 year and a half ago. At that time I thought that was the answer to my weight lose, foolish of me but I guess we live and learn.