Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been in the hospital since monday ! Abcess on my liver.... whole body is SOOOOOOOO wrong. I should be posting this on the pre-op to make people run away !

Home now with home health and picc line for anti-biotics 3 times a day, and a drain in my side to keep draining abcess. follow ups with everyone in the world etc.......

Can you say Weight Watchers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you have your surgery done?

Sorry that you are having so many issues. Are these complications from your VSG surgery or something else entirely?

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your complications! What happened to make everything go so wrong? I hope you are feeling better soon!

I am sorry you're having so much trouble. It's very strange that you would get an abcess on your liver.Do you know what the cause of it was?

Hope you are better soon and will start loving your sleeve like the rest of us do!

Did you follow your pre-op diet? Sorry your having problems, hope you are feeling better soon.

I just had my sleeve done Wed. by Dr. Webb at St. Lukes. Sorry to hear you had a rough surgery. Which surgeon did your surgery? I hope you are getting better. My only problem is some swelling in my throat/sternum area which makes it a lil uncomfotable to drink but other than that I'm progressing well. How are you doing today? I pray you will be on the road to a good recovery!:001_smile:

I just had my sleeve done Wed. by Dr. Webb at St. Lukes. Sorry to hear you had a rough surgery. Which surgeon did your surgery? I hope you are getting better. My only problem is some swelling in my throat/sternum area which makes it a lil uncomfotable to drink but other than that I'm progressing well. How are you doing today? I pray you will be on the road to a good recovery!:001_smile:

Dr. Webb did mine too, Andrea. Wonderful man... and VERY supportive on all of the hospitalization crap.

I am sorry you're having so much trouble. It's very strange that you would get an abcess on your liver.Do you know what the cause of it was?

Hope you are better soon and will start loving your sleeve like the rest of us do!

Still working on cause... half say surgical contamination, half say a combo of pre-existing something aggrevated by my taking methotrexate... following up with gastro doc tomorrow and endoscopy to check bowel. Lots of bacteria in the cultue.

Still working on cause... half say surgical contamination, half say a combo of pre-existing something aggrevated by my taking methotrexate... following up with gastro doc tomorrow and endoscopy to check bowel. Lots of bacteria in the cultue.

Do you mind me asking how much and how often you were taking the methotrexate? I looked this drug up and it has some similar characteristics to a drug I take for a skin condition. I called my surgeon's office a few weeks ago and they gave me the all clear to keep taking it (and my other meds) up to my pre-op appointment, maybe because I'm not taking that much of it. But, if it could be a potential risk factor, I'd rather try and make do without it...

Do you mind me asking how much and how often you were taking the methotrexate? I looked this drug up and it has some similar characteristics to a drug I take for a skin condition. I called my surgeon's office a few weeks ago and they gave me the all clear to keep taking it (and my other meds) up to my pre-op appointment, maybe because I'm not taking that much of it. But, if it could be a potential risk factor, I'd rather try and make do without it...

I only take 4 - 2.5m tablets a week for rheumatoid control. I hadn't taken them for month before the surgery and am still on hold now.

I've only been needing about 1 or 2 pills per week of what would normally be 7 to 14 pills per week if my condition was still severe. Since the surgeon has cleared me to take it I'll have to do some more research before I try to cut it out totally. So much to think about...

Thanks