Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is an interesting thread that I just came across. If I may put my two cents in ...

A number of you have noted potential sabotage or negative remarks from people that you love and I myself wonder about this in my own dynamic. I am divorced from a man who loved thicker women. Today, I still see him occasionally and he is now noticing my weight loss and he is making slight derogatory comments which tells me my weight loss would have been an eventual issue. My second serious relationship (which has ended) was also with a man who loved thicker women. I can say without a doubt he would not have liked my weight loss. Both men were in very good physical shape, big eaters and social drinkers. It was a part of both relationships and like noted above, I would have changed the dynamic with my surgery.

I am somebody who was never ashamed of myself or my weight .. I am confident .. yet when I read your stories, I am sure there is someone else lurking in my life that will have an issue with my weight loss and that will be my brother. I am already seeing it *sighs*.

I will not allow anyone to derail me, so in a way, I am glad I am single. I am all for relationships but I think for me, the timing of my surgery was perfect and I will be spending the next year looking after myself.

I'm sorry to read of other's struggles with loved ones but I am glad you shared your stories. It allows me to learn what others are going through.

I don't know what issues I may or may not have with a romantic partner and how much I eat because I haven't been sleeved yet. However, I do already have some anxiety about reactions to the changes in me. Whenever I have managed to lose weight before in my life, my female friends have been ... less than supportive, shall we say. In fact, I never had straight female friends until I became obese. Until I took myself out of competition women were regularly cruel to me, I have to prepare myself for the possibility of the same happening again. Maybe women in their late 20s and early 30s won't be as cruel as women in their early 20s were.

I don't know what issues I may or may not have with a romantic partner and how much I eat because I haven't been sleeved yet. However, I do already have some anxiety about reactions to the changes in me. Whenever I have managed to lose weight before in my life, my female friends have been ... less than supportive, shall we say. In fact, I never had straight female friends until I became obese. Until I took myself out of competition women were regularly cruel to me, I have to prepare myself for the possibility of the same happening again. Maybe women in their late 20s and early 30s won't be as cruel as women in their early 20s were.

Interesting thought about women friends .. this has crossed my mind, too. We shall see. When is your surgery scheduled for?

Blue - Actually I just got my surgery date confirmed an hour ago, July 14th, eeeepp!!! I have a wierd job that keeps me in a sort of cocoon from regular life and society, I'm hoping I can use the 5 months after surgery to mentally adjust to the new me, to help me be prepared when I do go back to regular life in the States.

Blue - Actually I just got my surgery date confirmed an hour ago, July 14th, eeeepp!!! I have a wierd job that keeps me in a sort of cocoon from regular life and society, I'm hoping I can use the 5 months after surgery to mentally adjust to the new me, to help me be prepared when I do go back to regular life in the States.

Congrats globie!! Where are you getting it done?

jane x

Thanks guys! :thumbup1: I am having it done with Dr. Jossart at LapSF in San Francisco. I just got my pre-op packet this morning and jaysus! it's huge! I had no idea it would be so convoluted, I guess I was living in a fool's paradise that I would just pay have a few tests done and be ready for surgery - ha! Medical power of attorney, pre-registration by phone - which is made 100x more difficult by the fact that I'm on the other side of the world without easy access to a regular phone. Then I still have to have all the tests ekgs etc done in the days prior to surgery, so I have to manoeuver my flight itinerary, ack!!!!!

Sounds like quite a logistical nightmare but it will be worth it. All the very best wishes to you.

Jane x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches