Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah...that's right! I did it!

Congrats!!! Sounds like everything went well for you. I have 5 more days and my journey begins. Starting to get nervous and anxious.

thanks for the tip on flavoring the pain meds...doc told bf he could "cut" it with a little bit of Water, but he still says how nasty it is. Glad to see that the sleeve group of 4/28 is doing good!!!

Congratulations I am sure everything is going to be just fine.

My surgeon sent me home with injections for blood clots, I had to give myself one every evening for 10 nights. Maybe you could ask yours about them. You are doing so well getting your liquids in! Congratulations and enjoy!

So today is the third day and I'm way more sore today than I was surgery day or yesterday. Feels like someone just punched me in the stomach about a million times. LOL

I'm still very swollen and all I want to do is burp.

I haven't had any nausea at all though for which I'm very thankful.

I dropped the pain meds this morning because they were making me too edgy all evening yesterday. Today I went and got liquid adult tylenol and it helps without the drugged up feeling.

Also burping allot, and other emissions I won't mention :biggrin0:

LOL swift!

How's the sipping going?

How much are you getting in?

The only reason I'm continuing to take the liquid lortab is because it helps me sleep.< /p>

I am able to get all my liquids in fine. Water moves right through the sleeve for me so I can now do eight onces in about 30 mins never getting full. If I forget and gulp vrs sip thats a guaranteed burp and reminder to slow down.

Congrats to you. I am so excited to be where you are and just get the process going. TIME IS TICKING FOR ME. I still cant believe how fast the weeks are going and the 12th is going to be here so freaking quick.

HOw long were you in the hospital for, my doc requires 2 days. Is that what happened with you. I am paying cash and hope that two days (which is included in the price) is going to be enough time.

Congrats to you. I am so excited to be where you are and just get the process going. TIME IS TICKING FOR ME. I still cant believe how fast the weeks are going and the 12th is going to be here so freaking quick.

HOw long were you in the hospital for, my doc requires 2 days. Is that what happened with you. I am paying cash and hope that two days (which is included in the price) is going to be enough time.

I was just in one night for my sleeve, but the revision can be a bit more complex depending on scar tissue etc. Just remember to try and walk early and often and you will be surprised how much that helps your healing physically and mentally. Take advantage of your pain meds while they are paid for in the hospital, use them to help yourself get around. I would walk after that good feeling they gave me and then take a nap after the walk if needed.

One night in the hospital for me too...I didn't have a drain tube but I did have a catheter which they took out early in the morning the day after surgery.

oh so I definitely can relate now to having more restriction in the morning.

I finally got some good sleep last night...was able to sleep on my side/stomach.

I woke up at like 4 am and decided to have some Jello.

I couldn't take more than a few bites and felt incredibly full.

Yesterday I had like 2 or 3 little cups of Jello and was able to eat the whole thing.

My 2 complaints thus far....this constant feeling like I need to burp...like there is always air sitting right at the top of my tummy.

The other thing is this incredible pain/soreness in my calves. I did call the doc about that because I have a huge fear of getting a blood clot but after describing it to him he said it sounds muscular. So I'm just watching it. Might send my hubby out later to find some of those compression socks. It doesn't hurt when I'm just sitting here but when I get up to walk ..wow, talk about hurt.

The other thing is this incredible pain/soreness in my calves. I did call the doc about that because I have a huge fear of getting a blood clot but after describing it to him he said it sounds muscular. So I'm just watching it. Might send my hubby out later to find some of those compression socks. It doesn't hurt when I'm just sitting here but when I get up to walk ..wow, talk about hurt.

hmm, I wonder if it is just soreness in general--did they have your leg inflation things too tight? were you walking more on your toes than usual? My calves have been normal. I rarely wore the leg things because I kept walking instead when the nurse would come in and say she needed to put them on.

I didn't have leg things just foot things that every few minutes would fill up with air and then release. They told me too that as much as I was getting up and walking around that I didn't need them.

It started the day I got home in my left calf and then yesterday it was in both.

It feels like whenever you work out a whole lot and then you are sore the next day but it's only in the backs of my calves.

Maybe I'm low on potassium? The first doc I talked to...the one on call the other night said it could be from the Fluid too....to give myself time to urinate some of that out.

Who knows!