Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a difference a month makes.....

BJean, do you find it has that "proteiny" taste?

The one I use PrescriptFit lactose free chocolate tastes just like brownie mix to me...I really like it. I don't have to force myself to drink it all!

That artificial taste? No, it doesn't. Honestly the thing it reminds me of is a nice Nestle's Quick drink - a little thicker though. I like the chocolate. I have used the vanilla before and mixed it (upon their recommendation) with a little sf/ff pudding mix and it makes a really delicious concoction. But I like the idea of not having to use the pudding mix and I like the way the chocolate tastes.

brownie mix?? yum!!

One thing that I did pre op and wish I'd done post op, was get egg drop Soup from my fave Chinese restraunt and strain it. Maybe that would be a new change to the boring icky broth.< /p>

Brilliant!!! That's a really great idea. I'm going to have my dh go to PF Chang when I can handle it and bring some of that home.

My daughter has promised to make her special zuchinni vegetable Soup (pureed, of course) when I can have that - which is this coming Wednesday. Truly something to look forward to.

Thanks for the tip!

How do you all take your Vitamins and pills? For instance I have really bad allergies and take a small round zyrtek everyday, I have a blood pressure pill and Water pill - hopefully after surgery I will not NEED this... I am on Effexor which is a capsule and i have to take 3 Large Capsules per day at one time.

I also take large Multi Vitamins (I mean horse pill large lol). Finally I take a few other smaller pills like Melatonin for bed and Lortab from a car accident that are a good size. All in all I think I consume about 7-8 pills per day. I have switched my Vitamin B-12 to liquid - but that is all.

I haven't had the surgery yet and I am very worried that my meds will make me throw up, be sick or not go down. Is anyone else on a large amount of medication - and how do you deal with this post op....? Thanks for any advice!

Pammi, you're doing the right thing by trying to figure this out now. I was worried about one pill in particular that I was taking because it was rather large and dry (no coating.) I thought I could just crush it but the instructions say to never crush them. My doctor didn't know it but the pharmacist did, that they make it in a crushable form in a smaller dosage. So the doc ordered it for me and I take them twice a day instead of once.

You should get the Centrum Multi-Vitamin that is chewable to take care of the Vitamin thing. They do not always have the chewable ones, so either order them in advance or find a place that carries it. They're great and you can get them in several kinds of dosages.

For the other things, you might check into a pharmacy that actually mixes the meds themselves. Your doctor may know of one if you don't. But they will be happy to discuss the possibilities and find a remedy.

My doctor had a sleeve patient who had always taken a load of Vitamin supplements pre-surgery. He thought he was fully recovered from the surgery, swelling, etc., but one morning he took his pills as usual and wound up aspirating them into his lungs. He almost died but the doctor did an emergency surgery to retreive them. Came up with a handful of Vitamins and saved the guy's life.

This is not something to take lightly. It's real important. I haven't had a moment where I thought I would throw up or aspirate anything. But I'm being very careful and only taking one small whole pill per day (blood pressure.) But my recovery is young. I only got the sleeve last week.

Take care and keep doing your homework! Hope you get your sleeve date soon.

I haven't had any problem at all swallowing pills since the day I came home from the hospital.

The two prescriptions they sent me home with were pills....the acid reducer and the Symax.

I've also resumed taking my Vitamin D capsule too.

My multi Vitamin and Iron supplement are chewables..got them from my surgeon's office. They are Bariatric Advantage. And I take a weekly sublingual B 12

I haven't had any trouble taking them since I got home either, goodlife. But I am very very careful.

How do you all take your Vitamins and pills? For instance I have really bad allergies and take a small round zyrtek everyday, I have a blood pressure pill and Water pill - hopefully after surgery I will not NEED this... I am on Effexor which is a capsule and i have to take 3 Large Capsules per day at one time.

I also take large Multi Vitamins (I mean horse pill large lol). Finally I take a few other smaller pills like Melatonin for bed and Lortab from a car accident that are a good size. All in all I think I consume about 7-8 pills per day. I have switched my Vitamin B-12 to liquid - but that is all.

I haven't had the surgery yet and I am very worried that my meds will make me throw up, be sick or not go down. Is anyone else on a large amount of medication - and how do you deal with this post op....? Thanks for any advice!

It kind of depends on your surgeon. Some people get the advice that as long as it is about the size of an m&m you can swallow it no prob. My surgeon likes people to crush until 3 months, but I couldn't pull it off and finally called and they cleared me at 1 month. I take chewable (bariatric advantage) multis, I know lortab comes in a liquid, I used to take melatonin and you should be okay with that size pill, but like I said, I would check with your surgeon/pharmacist. Good luck!