Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you take for a headache?

Just curious what you have found/been told is safe to take for a headache.

Thanks!

Stacie

Not sure about this one Stacie, but I wanted to pop in on this thread to find out how you have been doing. Has your healing improved since your posts in February?

Hey Mary! Thanks for thinking of me! I am doing much better. Two weeks ago my leak was healed and I got my drain tube out. Today I got my feeding tube out! And I am eating my first mushies today! I had some FF refried Beans for lunch and I am trying a little pureed egg salad now. YUM!! This is the first decent food I have eaten since DEC 16th! It is so weird to think that!! I am excited to sleep tonight with no tubes to adjust, etc. So things are finally moving along, though I am still struggling with Protein drinks, and getting much of anything in. I think the surgery combined with 3 months of no food really shrunk my stomach something fierce. I can eat about 3 baby spoonfuls and I am full. But overall much better. Thanks so much for asking!

I have had a headache today, but I hate to take anything. I can take most any size pills, got used to that early with all the antibiotics. So that shouldn't be a concern. I just don't want to upset my little tummy.

Thanks!

Hi Stacie, I sure hope your on the mend....I was told to take Extra Strength Tylenol so I bought a bottle of Tylenal Extra Strength Adult Rapid Blast liquid.< /span> It works great not only does it take the edge off of the occassional Migraines I get but it knocks out a regular or sinus headache and helps me with other aches and pains.

Hey Mary! Thanks for thinking of me! I am doing much better. Two weeks ago my leak was healed and I got my drain tube out. Today I got my feeding tube out! And I am eating my first mushies today! I had some FF refried Beans for lunch and I am trying a little pureed egg salad now. YUM!! This is the first decent food I have eaten since DEC 16th! It is so weird to think that!! I am excited to sleep tonight with no tubes to adjust, etc. So things are finally moving along, though I am still struggling with Protein drinks, and getting much of anything in. I think the surgery combined with 3 months of no food really shrunk my stomach something fierce. I can eat about 3 baby spoonfuls and I am full. But overall much better. Thanks so much for asking!

I have had a headache today, but I hate to take anything. I can take most any size pills, got used to that early with all the antibiotics. So that shouldn't be a concern. I just don't want to upset my little tummy.

Thanks!

Wow Stacie, It's good to know you are doing so much better. Little by little you will be able to get more Protein in. I really like the liquid tylenol it tastes really cherry and I think it absorbs quicker as a liquid. Hope you keep us posted as you continue on your WL journey.

Hey Lan2K! Thanks for the well wishes. Did they tell you to take a liquid only? I cannot drink that stuff. I bought that and used it in my feeding tube. I must be the pickiest taster ever. That should have tipped me off that this surgery wasn't for me in the first place. oh well. I like pills over liquid, but I don't want to do the wrong thing....

NSAIDS are not off-limits with the sleeve, thankfully.... I get headaches very rarely, and a Migraine less than once a year. Just so happens that a couple of weeks ago I started getting one, so as SOON as I started getting the warning signs (I get the visual auras, with the flashy-light thingies and blind spots) I popped 800mg. of Motrin and had no problem at all with it.

Hi Stacie, I sure hope your on the mend....I was told to take Extra Strength Tylenol so I bought a bottle of Tylenal Extra Strength Adult Rapid Blast Liquid. It works great not only does it take the edge off of the occassional Migraines I get but it knocks out a regular or sinus headache and helps me with other aches and pains.

I have never even heard of that before! If I am not better tomorrow, I will have to try some. I am having almost constant pain since starting PT for my back last week - and now it has settled in my middle back, shoulders, neck and head since Wednesday. I can take muscle relaxers but dr doesn't want me taking tramadol right now :scared0:

Thanks for the info!

Whoa, hey, PNW--why no Tramadol? I have fibromyalgia and take it daily. Without it my pain is pretty unmanageable...