Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie - Waiting on Insurance Revisions

I have completed the pre-testing for the Realize Band and have now changed my mind. I want to have the Gastric Sleeve. I am waiting for Cigna insurance to review their policy and pray that they include the sleeve as a coverage WLS. So now I wait for their review in May. IS anyone else in the same situation?;)

Hi Kathy!!!! It's me Kelly from the WWMB and the Vine!! AKA Keladarob. I am also waiting to get sleeved. I go for the seminar this Saturday and then my all day appointment is set for April 12th. I decided that this was a better option for me than the band. I pray that Cigna covers it for you. I have been waiting for 5 years for insurance to pay and we switched carriers and VOILA!! I am so flipping excited!! Carrie gets sleeved on the 25th of this month! Vonnie said you were looking into this. It will be great to have support from people we "know". Good luck and keep in touch:biggrin0:

KELLY...squeeeeeeelll I just added you as a friend and I posted on Kelly's page. I have been to the seminar...it is very cool and informative. My insurance requires 6 months of continuous physician supervised weight loss. I just finished that. I need to do my sleep study test and i will be ready. My insurance will pay for 100% of the band or gastric by-pass however because the sleeve is so new they still consider it experimental. They will review their policy mid May..so I wait. I am dedicated to getting this surgery and really don't want to have to settle because of the insurance. I am so glad you are looking into this. I know it means big changes in our life, but I think when you get to a point you are so ready for those changes. Sometimes you just can't do it on your own. I am excited for Carrie and can't wait to hear how it goes.

I agree with the support from people we know. I find this sight has a lot of good information! Keep me posted on how the seminar goes.

I'm waiting on Medicare to wake up. With so many people changing to the Sleeve you would think they would get a clue. They seem to be on a power trip because once they start paying for it the insurance companies will follow suit. In the meantime our health is getting worse. As soon as I get my letter from my doctor I'm going to file a grievance. All of us who are waiting need to unite and those of you who have the Sleeve should join with us to let them know what's really happening.;)

((((Kelly and Kat)))) I can't believe tomorrow is the big day. I'm so excited and I will tell you guys all about it!!! I know this is the right thing for me to do!!!!

Carrie,

I am so excited for you. I am sure you will do great. By the numbers it looks like you are off to a wonderful start. I know you have the right attitude to get this done and you will feel like a new person. The person you have been in a long while. Be smart, do what you are told to do and above all watch out for those nasty bad habits! Love you girl and best wishes. I can't wait to hear how it goes and see pictures. <3

:confused1:

Thank you. Cigna just approved this during the past couple of day. I have completed all of my pre-surgery approval tests and am waiting for everyone to get their paperwork in to try to obtain surgery approval. I hope to hav emy paperwork in for approval by this time next week.

Wish me luck. Thank you Cigna!!!

Thank you. Cigna just approved this during the past couple of day. I have completed all of my pre-surgery approval tests and am waiting for everyone to get their paperwork in to try to obtain surgery approval. I hope to hav emy paperwork in for approval by this time next week.

Wish me luck. Thank you Cigna!!!

I've got my fingers crossed for you. I remembered your post when I saw this posted on OH, and had to come find your post so I could share.

Keep us posted, and let us know if we can help ! ! !

Thank you so much. I have completed all of my pre-insurance approval testing and am waiting on everyone to submit their reports. The phycological evaluation report had my names spelled wrong and the wrong birth date on it, so I have wait for her to prepare it with the corrected information and then I can submit it. The insurance/flexible spending department is having a huge issue with paying for my nutritional evaluation. Hopefully I took care of that on Monday. I am super excited. I have a meeting set with my HR department to go over short-term disability and my time of leave. Can anyone give me some idea of how long I will need to take off from work for the VSG?

Anxiously awaits for everything to fall into place.