Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Tight After Two Bites!!

Hello out there- this is my first post- I was banded 3/14/06 with 10cm band. My first fill of 1ml was 5/1. Since my fill I feel so full after practically two bites with almost every food... It's so uncomfortable, I start producing all that "slime", and my chest hurts while the food is trying to go down. Friday night at work I actually threw up for the first time. It has been happening with "normal foods" like chichen, beef, potatoes, Pasta, lean cusine pizza.... What solid foods are typically well tolerated?? Does anyone have any good meal suggestions? I feel like the discomfort is worth it because I am losing weight, but it makes eating so displeasureable. I felt so much better before I had the band filled. I still felt restricted, but never uncomfortable and nauseated. Do you think I should have some Fluid taken out? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Thanks for any suggestions.

If it doesnt settle I'd personally have Fluid out. I wouldnt want to have to put up with that.

Two bites isnt very much and that discomfort and sliming would mean you could never eat away from home.

...It has been happening with "normal foods" like chichen, beef, potatoes, Pasta, lean cusine pizza....

That's my partial list of stuff I could NEVER eat while banded.

Dry, white meat chicken and dry beef and potatoes, Pasta, pizza...PLUS raisins, breads, bread crumbs IN things (like meatballs or crab cakes), pancakes, waffles, leafy greens (as in most salads)...all that and more would plug me--and a lot of people--right up.

Stewed chicken, baked or other moist fish...THAT kind of thing was always easier.

Welcome and good luck,

Sue

I have not had my first fill yet but I would definately have just a bit removed to see if you can be more comfortable. I don't think that the idea for the band is to be miserable. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Elaine

I was really tight with just the bamd also in the beginning. I only have 1.3cc in and that for me is plenty. MAybe the band for you is tight enough without any fill or really minimual.

Talk to you r MD and make sure he knows what you are eating and not eating. Your health and nutrition may be comprised.

Good luck and 33 pounds is awesome!!!

Going through the same thing myself. Some meals I can eat it one day no problem, the next day same meal and I get that golfball in my chest. PBing is the worse because it makes that golfball grow until things all let lose and come back at ya. It's terrible and I have the same questions as you. I'm suppose to get another fill in June and I really don't think I'm going to. I just never know when my band is going to be picky or not and that's really tough especially when dining out. Needless to say when I do go out it's Soup only for me right now.

i am having same issues. so to get my Protein i drink my adkins shakes 20 grams each and i sip on stacker protein Water also 20 grams. i am not going to do any thing about it for now because the weight is falling off easy.

I went through the same thing. No sense in going through misery, after eating 2 bites. Not worth it for me, pain-wise or nutrition-wise.

A little bit of an unfill, and you will say "ahhh."

Shawn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches