Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 month post update with AW photos

i read your posts all the time. Its so good to see you in pictures. You surely did it!!! Congrats!!!

omg! amazing! i am truly convinced sleeve is the right route to go... thank you for sharing you have inspired me.

Tiff, I am sure you don't remember me as I have not been on here since a few months after my VSG, but I had it the same time you and VegasAngel did. I too have lost all the weight I want and have no regrets. I am also a size 6 now and doing my best to stop the weight loss, but I have a few questions for you. Aside from your tummy, which I also have (4 kids will do that to you) do you find any problems anywhere else? I have loose skin on my thighs, and my butt is nonexistent and kinda saggy now, even though I am also in a weight training program. lol I would not change the surgery for anything, but I am hoping you have some advice on getting these in shape. I still plan on getting some type of plastic surgery, but thought maybe there is some weights that I could do in the mean time to help out. Thanks so much! You look amazing! It is good to see you have done so well even after your problems in the beginning!

You were beautiful before the op, but now the inner you has come out and you look fab, as someone else said, inside and out. Well done and thank you so much for taking the trouble to post your progress. When I see you and read what you have accomplised, I take heart that I also can do this. Thanks again and well done.

xx

You look great! Congrats! I too am afraid of failing, after several lap-band failures myself. My hubby said to me "if this doesn't work for you, you need to be prepared to accept your body the way it is". What he means is, if the surgeon deems that I am not a candidate for the VSG or if they get in there and during surgery they decide it's not an option for me. (like what happened during my conversion from lap-band to bypass in June last year). I am afraid to wake up to bad news again :)

You look great! Congrats! I too am afraid of failing, after several lap-band failures myself. My hubby said to me "if this doesn't work for you, you need to be prepared to accept your body the way it is". What he means is, if the surgeon deems that I am not a candidate for the VSG or if they get in there and during surgery they decide it's not an option for me. (like what happened during my conversion from lap-band to bypass in June last year). I am afraid to wake up to bad news again :thumbup:

This is one of those situations were you are just going to have to jump and hope for the best. I will say that they keep a different part of the stomach for this surgery then they do in by-pass and so maybe that makes your chances better. I would chose the best surgeon I could so that would make your chances better also. Other then that your hubby is correct, if the Dr. says no, you are stuck with what you have, work hard and do your best! But don't give up until that time comes, remember this surgery is easier on your body and the surgeon then bypass and you may be surprised! I know my surgeon has done many conversions! Good Luck!:)

Tiff, You've been such an inspiration to me. I always look for Tiffykins posting every time I log on. It kinda feels like you're the 'mom' of this site. I have my sleeve surgery this coming Tuesday with Dr. Aceves and have sooo appreciated the information and insight your postings have provided. Your weight loss chronicled by your pictures is absolutely fabulous and soooo motivating. You ROCK! Ruth

WOW !!! ... you look amazing :thumbup1: .. What a transformation?! You should be really proud of your accomplishment. keep rockin it :thumbup:

best wishes ..

I'm having surgery tomorrow and I think seeing your pictures was the first time I smiled in at least 48 hrs. You look incredible. Thanks for posting!

AMAZING !!! You must be sooo proud. And, what an inspiration to us all.

After reading something on another thread I'm wondering if someone here can answer my question. Do all sleeve patients go home with a drain?

Tiff, I am sure you don't remember me as I have not been on here since a few months after my VSG, but I had it the same time you and VegasAngel did. I too have lost all the weight I want and have no regrets. I am also a size 6 now and doing my best to stop the weight loss, but I have a few questions for you. Aside from your tummy, which I also have (4 kids will do that to you) do you find any problems anywhere else? I have loose skin on my thighs, and my butt is nonexistent and kinda saggy now, even though I am also in a weight training program. lol I would not change the surgery for anything, but I am hoping you have some advice on getting these in shape. I still plan on getting some type of plastic surgery, but thought maybe there is some weights that I could do in the mean time to help out. Thanks so much! You look amazing! It is good to see you have done so well even after your problems in the beginning!

Ohh I have the saggy skin syndrome on my inner thighs, my butt is non-existant regardless of how many lunges and squats I endure, the butt is a lost cause. I have loose skin on my upper arms, my boobs are totally wrecked without the assistance of a good push up bra, but, I, like you, wouldn't change any of it to be feeling as good as I do today.

I could probably tone up my arms and thighs more, but just keep working out with the weights, and remember it takes about a year or two for the skin to bounce back once we hit goal. You've done wonderfully as well, and so glad to see you posting back on the board.

Awesome!!! I weighed 270 when i started to. It seems like forever to get rid of all this. How long did it take you to hit your target? What was your approx weightloss each month?