Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That feeling of fullness?

Hi everyone

I had a Lapband placed in 2003. It prolasped 2009 or maybe earlier but my husband noticed that I wasn't eating right - A little piece of steak than a bowl of ice cream and Cookies or something like that. That got me watching and thinking and I saw I wasn't doing things correctly or the bandster way. I saw my doc - hence the prolapse. We tried the unfill then fill and still found my stomach going up into my band. So December 30th I had my band removed and then February 9th had the sleeve done. I am on phase 2 of the docs diet - soft and liquid foods now and for the next 3 weeks (till my next appt). I am handling the foods okay, not eating much which is pretty cool. Even though I was exercising I still packed on ~30 lbs in between the band and the sleeve, while the hubby was losing. Not Fair! :)

Anyway I remember that sensation of fullness when I got my band. Will the feeling of fullness be about the same for us? If you eat too much or too fast do you get that nausea feeling?

I tried sipping Water kinda quickly and after about 1/2 glass full I got nauseaus. I'm assuming this is normal?

Any help would be appreciated. What does that fullness sensation feel to you?

Thanks

Laura

9 days out!

Edited by lllueck12

Hey Laura,

Good for you getting that band out! Yep.. most those symptoms will be the same. When I eat a couple teaspoons too much I feel horrid. I measure stuff out, usually 1/2 a suggested portion and work my way up from there. The best thing for me to learn is that if I'm satisfied with a small amount, but still crave more, I can have more later. This past week I was craving spaghetti. I made my favorite sauce and put it over spaghetti squash. I ate a measured portion each night....but I ate it four nights in a row. (until the craving was satisfied).

As for Water, right now I can take 3 swallows at a time, if I try for 4 I feel like I can't get it down. Warm liquids go down easier for me these days, maybe because it's bitterly cold up here and I shiver everytime I think of choking down another cold Protein shake!.

You're gonna do great....getting back to basics is a good thing..I had to do it after my revision so I understand what you're going through.

Best wishes,

Hi,

Tomorrow will be 1 week post-op for me, and today has been a very bad day! I have hardly had any liquids and I feel like I have pigged out! I feel very fulll! The most I've had is a sugar free pudding cup. I was just chewing on some ice because I'm terrified of dehydration. Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks!

Sury

Hi,

Tomorrow will be 1 week post-op for me, and today has been a very bad day! I have hardly had any liquids and I feel like I have pigged out! I feel very fulll! The most I've had is a sugar free pudding cup. I was just chewing on some ice because I'm terrified of dehydration. Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks!

Sury

Sury - What kind of liquids are you trying. Plain Water doesn't go down well for me. I've done Crystal Light, Kelloggs Protein Water, etc ... but my all-time favorite is warm Decaf tea. I have no idea why, but it seems to go down so much easier and the warmth just feels good on the inside.

At this stage your hydration is your #1 priority - suck on sf popsicles, try the tea, or maybe even a squeeze of lemon in your water. If you aren't able to drink tomorrow, you should probably call your surgeon and seek their advice. You do not want to be dehydrated.

We'll be thinking of you.

Mini-Me:

I'm drinking Water and chewing on ice chips with no problem, I'm just worried that I won't have enough of it and might get dehydrated! The last thing I want to do is end up at the hospital with an IV :biggrin0: I also have the SF Popsicles. We'll see, I'm going to buy the Crystal light and that Special K Water to see how it goes.

Thanks for your message :001_smile:

Sury

i have never had the band but i too with only the sleeve felt this way early on. some days were easier than others. just took it one day at a time. warm liquids still feel good to me and i am 11 wks out. there are days i don't get in enough liquids. all we can do is keep trying our hardest and take it one day at a time.. you are doing great.

suryfer, along with all those things, don't forget sugar free jellos, chicken/beef broth, i lived on the sugar free blue bell bullet popsicles, don't eat too much pudding cause of the carb count, but the poweraid zero is good, gatoraid low calorie/carb is good too. Good luck and don't think you have to drink everything at once, one sip here at there til it's gone is good, then start on something else . . . don't stuff yourself, the feeling of fullness is swelling from the surgery. . . it gets better i promise. . . good luck