Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Thread of the 200+ lb group

:thumbup1: Hello everyone.

I was just sleeved this month by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico and I couldn't be happier. Once I decided to have surgery it went by fast. It took only 3 weeks from first contact to the day of surgery. I was a bit nervous at the time but now I have no regrets as the scale is finally under the 300 pound mark.

So happy for you!!! It is very exciting to see the scale numbers go down....I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves as well. He is awsome!!

So happy for you!!! It is very exciting to see the scale numbers go down....I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves as well. He is awsome!!

We are going to have to make a whole new forum just for pre- and post-opers with Dr. Aceves! Down to 50 lbs loss, 20 pre and 30 post op!

Tracy

Hi Tracy :)

It's me, Wendy, one of the people in Ernesto's van when he picked us up from Lucerna the morning of our surgeries. I met your stepmom in the hospital hall. How are things going? Sounds like you're doing well - 30 lbs post surgery. Great!!! I remember you telling us you had lost 10 and that was one week after surgery. Good for you :)

Well I'm really glad to found this site to hear from others who share the same fights as me. I'm 30 yrs old 6'4 480 pounds, and they tell me I should be around 220 but i think I would be good at around 260-275.

Edited by M_Bigga_M

Hi Tracy :)

It's me, Wendy, one of the people in Ernesto's van when he picked us up from Lucerna the morning of our surgeries. I met your stepmom in the hospital hall. How are things going? Sounds like you're doing well - 30 lbs post surgery. Great!!! I remember you telling us you had lost 10 and that was one week after surgery. Good for you :)

Hello Wendy!

I hope everything went well with your surgury. I am really enjoying things so far. Just started on the blended foods and have enjoyed some "real protein" that isn't mixed in the blender :). Only problem I had post-op is a stitch came loose and one of my incisions has not healed, but doing much better now.

I am very excited at the weight loss and am currently in an outfit that I haven't worn in 2 years and it's baggy! :)

Tracy

Well I'm really glad to found this site to hear from others who share the same fights as me. I'm 30 yrs old 6'4 480 pounds, and they tell me I should be around 220 but i think I would be good at around 260-275.

Welcome. :biggrin0:

I lost 100 pounds by 4 months....I'd have to check my journal to see what my 6 month mark was... I know when I hit 9 months it when it reallly slowed down for me.

My highest weight was 373... day of surgery was 354.. I now weigh 173....13 pounds from goal weight of 160!!! I am 14 months out...I should have made goal in a year.. but I did not exercise!

But I'm ok with it.. and my personal goal is 150

I think 150 pounds by 6 months might be a bit much.. but it can happen. probably more like 130.

But I never dream I would have lost 100 pounds by 4 months!!!!:thumbup:

Good luck to you!!!!:biggrin0:

Sweet it is true the bigger u are the faster it goes I am 5'5 1/2" 470ibs day of surgery at 17 days post op I am 32lbs lighter so I am hoping for 100lbs by 6/1/10 and 200lbs by six months

I too am a bigger girl. My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday, May 12th. I'm super excited!! I hope my success is as great as all of yours! It's so hard to believe it's right around the corner!!!

weight.png

Sweet it is true the bigger u are the faster it goes I am 5'5 1/2" 470ibs day of surgery at 17 days post op I am 32lbs lighter so I am hoping for 100lbs by 6/1/10 and 200lbs by six months

I was down 10 lbs in the first 3 days and now 34 at 3 weeks out. I started above 400 befpre surgury. It is easier for tose of us with higher BMIs to loose at a faster rate, it's a % of weight loss, not pounds to consider.

Tracy